Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Landrover crossbars and thule proride bike carriers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Al

England 
Landrover crossbars and thule proride bike carriers

Hi I've just bought the landrover crossbars and a thule proride bicycle carrier but cannot fit it due to the width of the crossbars.
Does anyone know if there is an adapter kit or am I going to be forced to buy the landrover bicycle carrier or change the crossbars as well?
Thanks

Post #217610 21st Feb 2014 9:10 pm
athelstan

Al
Your problem could be that the "T" track adapters which should be supplied with the Thule ProRide are sized 20x20mm that fit the latest Thule crossbar series "Wing - Slide & Aero Bars". The Thule manufactured LR Cross Bars LR002417 were based upon the Thule 861 bar and so you may need the larger "T" track adapters sized 30x23mm. Idea

To confirm this measure the width of the track channel on your LR Cross Bars - if yours is the smaller T track channel and have not been supplied the T fixtures with the ProRide then contact your supplier. If it requires the larger T track adapter the Thule part number is 889-1. These T tracks are very cheap accessories.

If you are stuck contact Exeter Roof Racks - Roland will sort you out. Thumbs Up

If I have completely misunderstood your problem then do please forgive the rantings of an owd wassuk.

Post #217650 22nd Feb 2014 7:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1