Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > My favourite watch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
GSKM

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Orkney Grey

If you want a watch with some serious precious metal with a bit of history have a look at the Christopher Ward website. They often do watches with a small slice of metal from historic cars or aircraft. My friend has one with a bit of the Le Mans Jaguar embedded and one their website they have one with metal from the Ford F 40 and Supermarine Spitfire. All are Swiss made and with Swiss movements.

This is my Lyneham commeration watch, limited edition with my details on the back, sorry about picture quality and orientation.

Link.
http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/v...p7350.html

Gav.

Post #288413 27th Jan 2016 9:18 am
ronp

Scotland 

npinks wrote:
Ronp

I'll have a Rolex Millgaues from your Friend in China and a spare Omega Planet Ocean in Orange

Where shall I send the £10 payment Very Happy

Good news & not so good news Nick.
Good news is he can do these 2 models.
Not so good news is price for both is £22.53, but that includes shipping (though import tax is your issue).
In order to proceed you'll need to make a £5k security payment to his contact in Lagos.
Once watches are marked as 'shipped' you will receive a bank transfer refund for the balance.

Who's next. Wink

Laughing FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #288415 27th Jan 2016 9:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #288417 27th Jan 2016 10:19 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

@GSKM My work colleague son bought one last year with Stirling Mosses F1 car in it, seems happy with it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Last edited by npinks on 27th Jan 2016 9:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #288418 27th Jan 2016 10:23 am
BRD

England 

These watch threads are in danger of costing me a lot of money!

Post #288476 27th Jan 2016 7:56 pm
PWe

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

Hi BRD
Your avatar reminds me of some recent thoughts, to sell the Breitling to fund a Flight in a Spitfire, may even get some change!

Post #288792 30th Jan 2016 7:16 pm
BRD

England 

Mmmmm......

I think Breitling owners get access to a pretty good spot at RIAT.

No, stop, that's not a good enough reason to buy one!!

Post #288828 30th Jan 2016 10:30 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Been looking at watches recently. Wifey has promised me one for a big birthday. Planning on spending some time and having a good look before rushing in. Been looking at IWC watches, I like the look of the self-winding Portofino ones in gold. Any good? What about buying pre-owned watches - are they good value or are they best to avoid? Someone in this thread mentioned joining a watch forum - any suggestions?

Oh, and Doc, are you any nearer to getting your one yet? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #305044 22nd Aug 2016 8:16 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Not sure of your budget but have a look at Tudor watches. They are a sister company of Rolex without totally silly prices.lp MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #305045 22nd Aug 2016 8:33 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
Been looking at watches recently. Wifey has promised me one for a big birthday. Planning on spending some time and having a good look before rushing in. Been looking at IWC watches, I like the look of the self-winding Portofino ones in gold. Any good? What about buying pre-owned watches - are they good value or are they best to avoid? Someone in this thread mentioned joining a watch forum - any suggestions?

Oh, and Doc, are you any nearer to getting your one yet?

Afraid not. Throwing most of my cash into a help to buy ISA at the moment and another savings account. Help to buy a house that is as opposed to help to buy an Omega watch Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #305052 22nd Aug 2016 9:21 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Steve D wrote:

Classic pre-owned watches can be very desirable and often command very respectable price If you go down that route have a look at the original Rolex sports watches from 60s through to the 80s Sea Dweller, Submariner , and my favourite the GMT Master. I'm lucky to have owned the latter for 33 yearsl ( lovely thing with the classic Pepsi red/blue bezel) it was a wedding present 33 years ago , cost £380 Rolling with laughter I think the older watches have more style than their modern equivalents which have all been made bigger and beefier. If you do get the watch of your dreams , wear it to death, don't be afraid to wear it every day , do everything in it, the only time mine had been off of my wrist is for the service it has had about every ten years ( about the same price as a full 24000 mile LR service Big Cry ) 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #305058 22nd Aug 2016 10:06 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

The Doctor wrote:
Steve D wrote:

Afraid not. Throwing most of my cash into a help to buy ISA at the moment and another savings account. Help to buy a house that is as opposed to help to buy an Omega watch Laughing

Check the small print on your help to buy ISA - read somewhere that money is only released AFTER property is purchased. If this is the case chocolate tea pots come to mind. Big Cry MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #305079 23rd Aug 2016 8:37 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

tenet wrote:
Not sure of your budget but have a look at Tudor watches. They are a sister company of Rolex without totally silly prices.lp

Just looked a Tudor Watches, some nice Rolex looking ones there Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #305085 23rd Aug 2016 10:14 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Right, I've made my mind up. Again! After careful consideration, I don't think I'll get anything with gold on it as I'll probably be to scared to wear the damn thing for fear of scratching it. I want one that I will get lots of wear out of. I really fancy one of these and I'll be able to wear that whenever I would normally wear my current Tag Aquaracer which is basically whenever I'm not at work. I am DEFINATELY going for one of these. An updated version of the original Seamaster 300 watch which was first produced in the year I was born. No gadgets, no date, just the time. A good, basic, quality watch. I like the transparent case on the back revealing the workings inside too. http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamas...412103001/

Only thing I can't decide on at the moment is whether to get the steel model which comes with a black face or the titanium version which comes with a blue face. Obviously the titanium model is more expensive (@£1500 extra!) but does it look any different from steel? Is it lighter or less prone to scratching? Or is it just snob factor? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #305092 23rd Aug 2016 11:37 am
taztastic

England 

Titanium is very light, almost too light, it doesn't feel like a quality watch, I prefer some weight in a watch. I love the Seiko Springdrive Snowflake, its Titanium but bright like steel, unlike many titanium watches that appear to be a dull grey colour, its just lightweight which is a little off putting. Go out and try titanium first, its a little marmite in feel.

Post #305095 23rd Aug 2016 1:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>