Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > MY13 Service Indicator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Winslet

United Kingdom 

The actual due date for my first service fell a week before the 1 March, so that must have been when they PDI'd the car prior to it becoming a demonstrator (or as the salesperson slipped up on during handover on delivery day, a courtesy car!).

Past master - do you not have a service book? I guess not as you say you are going to buy one. Your car must be about the time they switched to online only recording of services. I asked about that when mine was in for its service and they said a March car still had a book. 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #220281 23rd Mar 2014 11:33 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Well, phoned Marshalls in Peterborough twice. They finally called me back - the car was PDI'd in February 2013, but not registered till June (!). So the relevant service date is June, and I can ignore the "Service Required" warning until June. Although the sales person told me there was no service book, the service department think there should be. They are going to consult and get back to me...
So that's why they gave me a good deal on it!

Post #220328 24th Mar 2014 3:40 pm
Iliacus

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Similar story from Listers in Hereford. I am getting "Service Required" message at start up so called the dealer. Car PDI'd 29 April 2013, date of first registration 12 July 2013. Service dept. says service date is reset at PDI and not at registration but to keep to LR warranty T&Cs the service needs to be done no later than 1 month or 1,000 miles of the due date/mileage. Car has only done about 4,500 miles so message is down to time interval only.

I have a "Service Portfolio" which looks like a service record book to me Confused GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver
LONG GONE - '55 Norton Dominator 99 SS cafe racer

Post #220330 24th Mar 2014 4:25 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

According to Marshalls, the "due date" is the anniversary of the registration. I specifically asked about warranty, and that's what they told me.

Post #220341 24th Mar 2014 5:49 pm
Winslet

United Kingdom 

OK... so what does Topix tell you about your car?

I am assuming that a PDI was carried out a week before it first went on the road in March '13. The service count down pointed to that. My car has a build date of November '12 but the warranty start day on Topix is listed as Jan '13 - so does this mean my expectation of a 3 year warranty is slightly short of that by 2 months? If I went into the dealer one month before the end of 3 years (ie March in my mind), would they go sorry, your warranty ran out in January!? I only know the potential difference because of Topix. 99% of other owners wouldn't know this.

What does 'registration' mean then? When it is assigned a registration plate? Is that when the warranty starts?

Confused 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #220371 24th Mar 2014 9:06 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

It gives me Build date 21 Feb 2013, Warranty start date 28 June, which is the date on registration document.
So the dealer is correct, and I work on that date!

Post #220379 24th Mar 2014 10:00 pm
Iliacus

I have a build date of 1 March 2013. The dealear has a PDI date of 29 April 13. My V5C shows a regstration date of 12 July 2013.

Mike@LandRover says the service warranty date is from first registration. My dealer says it is from PDI which is when the service indicator is reset.

I would like the answr to two questions;

What is the warranty implication of going past the indicated service date provided you do not go past the registration date (assuming low mileage)

Are there any implications in going past the service date as indicated (eg. will the vehicle run in a degraded mode)
 GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver

Post #220405 25th Mar 2014 10:24 am
Past master

United Kingdom 

I would approach your dealer with the info from Mike at Land Rover. According to my dealer, I can carry on running with the Service reminder showing, with no problem. They also say there are no warranty implications. TOPIx should show you the warranty start date, which should be the date of first registration. You could show that to your dealer as well!

Post #220414 25th Mar 2014 12:41 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

I have asked Mike at Land Rover for clarification: http://www.freel2.com/forum/post220416.html#220416

Post #220417 25th Mar 2014 1:03 pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

I have been pointed in this direction by a forum member.

I can confirm that the services should be carried out every 10000/16000 miles (petrol/diesel) or every 12 months depending on which comes first.

This is from date of registration.

Many Thanks

Mike Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice. This account will be available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. If it is outside of this time, and you require assistance, please feel free to drop us a Private Message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can

Post #220419 25th Mar 2014 1:08 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Thanks Mike. That seems definitive - Iliacus: take it and show it to your dealer - or find another dealer!

Post #220420 25th Mar 2014 1:19 pm
Iliacus

Hmmm... so I can ignore the "Service required" message for the next 15 weeks with no ill effects nor implications to warranty as I will not exceed 16k miles in that period Confused GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver

Post #220422 25th Mar 2014 2:15 pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

I personally would visited the dealership to find out why this is on and get them to re set it, if it is incorrect.

Many Thanks

Mike Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice. This account will be available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. If it is outside of this time, and you require assistance, please feel free to drop us a Private Message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can

Post #220423 25th Mar 2014 2:19 pm
Iliacus

Thanks Mike, I have e-mailed the Service Manager to get something in writing. Depending on their reply I will follow up and let you know the outcome. GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver

Post #220424 25th Mar 2014 2:22 pm
Iliacus

Reply from Service Manager;

"Your car will not need servicing till its reg date--110%. Apolgies about the confusion I suspect that the service reminder has been set at the PDI date or set incorrectly. Just do a weekly maintenance check oil/coolant/tyre pressures/screen wash top-up as usual."

So, keep on truckin' Thumbs Up GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver

Post #220439 25th Mar 2014 6:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>