« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Quality Issues on Land Rover Website
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Quality Issues on Land Rover Website

I hope the official LR website isn't a precursor for new FL quality. The name of the grey metallic color is stornoway here and stornaway there, and some links in the "interior technology - overview" section haven't worked since launch.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Fr...erview.htm 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #1306 11th Jan 2007 2:03 pm
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Agreed...and why are we still looking at the old Freelander e-brochure??? You think they would have updated this long before the actual launch of the vehicle...

Post #1320 12th Jan 2007 10:52 pm
karl

Thats Marketing for you! Laughing

Post #1321 12th Jan 2007 11:45 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I've tried to make contact twice through the website ... looking for spec details, had no reply ... called the customer support phone twice ... been promised return calls with details ...never happened .... now having problems with the dealer ... is there a pattern developing here ??? My experience of customer care .... well lets just say it is very poor .... went into the dealer today and told them what I thought ... watch this space ...

Post #1322 12th Jan 2007 11:47 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

LR Customer relations - they don't have any, it's all a big con. They ignore potential customers looking for info, they slam the phone down on existing customers who wish to complain about problems with dealers/cars, they don't follow up requests for info from existing customers. And if they can be bothered to respond they send out out of date brochure. LR Customer Services is a joke in every sense of the word these days.

I have now asked 3 times for the brochures for the G4 accessories for the RRS and been promised them in the next few days................. I asked for brochures for the F2 after launch date and actually got a response - they sent me the brochures for a Freelander alright - the last version, after the launch of the F2! Just as well I'm an existing LR owner , had I been a BMW X3 owner looking to change to something better I would have very p*ssed off.
Maybe they should spend a bit less time cultivating tennis stars, motoring journos and celebrity chefs and look after the people who BUY cars rather than get free ones. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #1324 13th Jan 2007 2:14 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
They're having a laugh ......

I first registered with the Land Rover web site way back, probably around September? Also gave full contact details to 3 salespersons around the same time. To date I've had no reply to any of those inquiries (plus the phone calls to LR mentioned earlier)

Well would you believe it today I received a mailing from LR in response to my web site inquiry; included with the letter is a price list and accessory guide but NOT a proper brochure. What an absolute garbage service that is !!!

I'm in the happy position that my TD4 GS is now sitting on the driveway (with over 700 miles on it since last Thursday) but the only reason I have the car is because of my persistence, first get the info, then the car. At no time in the entire process did I ever feel that someone was looking after my best interests, that someone was working on my behalf to help me get the exact car I wanted.

Now the absolute driving pleasure this car brings makes it all worthwhile, but I wonder how many folks might not be so persistent?

Post #1422 24th Jan 2007 12:10 am
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

The links in the "interior technology - overview" section of the LR website are working fine now. So now the two video's can be watched.

Post #1500 1st Feb 2007 10:37 am
gorjant

Macedonia 

Though they are not very usefull (especially the one with the girl that makes a video for her boyfriend...what the .. is that all about? and how usefull is that to experience closer the interior) and its options.

As a comparsion check out the German Mercedes Benz web site (www.mercedes-benz.de) for the new C-Class (and it is still not available for sale like the Freelander). For example why there is no configurator for the Freelander with all the options?

Post #1501 1st Feb 2007 12:40 pm
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

I agree they aren't of much use, but at least now we can find out Laughing

Post #1507 1st Feb 2007 7:08 pm
chrispayne1958

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Although I have not had any issues with the dealer I bought my FL2 from (rocar moores in Huddersfield) I have on several occasions requested brochures or info from the website, on the phone and even on one occasion when Landrover had a stand in a shopping centre for the weekend and on none of these occasions did I receive any of the info through the post...do they really want to sell these cars. Bow down

Post #2361 10th Apr 2007 10:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 

mmm never had an issue getting a response from the LR website and Freelander 2 micro site has always worked.

Post #2383 11th Apr 2007 1:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1