« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Ashes Series AUS 2 England duck egg
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tea Gardens

Australia 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Indus Silver
Ashes Series AUS 2 England duck egg

Hello lads, are we enjoying the current Ashes Series, got to luv Monty form English player at the moment, Captain Cook seems to have run aground. Having said that Bell is highly respected down here quality player with a big heart, Joe Rooot also shows a lot of ticker. Ease from yorkshire.

Tea Gardens

Post #210399 9th Dec 2013 8:03 am
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Fair dinkum, cobber... (is that the appropriate colloquial vernacular, my antipodean friend? Rolling Eyes )

England batting not up to it. Confused Big Cry

Let's hope for it to be pi Censored ing down in Perth... Embarassed

... ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #210407 9th Dec 2013 10:20 am
choccymonster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Frankly, I'm really glad the Aussies have come out swinging and handed the England team a great big dollop of humble pie.

I think we (England) had become complacent and had started to regard the Ashes as a formality - a very dangerous concept where the Australians are concerned.

It's great that Australia are looking like winning the Ashes, and look like having the makings of a really strong team.

I hope it gives England a wake up call, and will make the NEXT Ashes a REALLY close and exciting contest.

Post #210415 9th Dec 2013 11:49 am
Nairbr

Australia 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

piattj wrote:

Let's hope for it to be pi Censored ing down in Perth... Embarassed

Not a chance we haven't seen decent rain here in months.
Weather forecasts are for mid 30's to low 40's by Monday Rolling with laughter

Post #210664 11th Dec 2013 3:12 am
Tea Gardens

piattj wrote:

Fair dinkum, cobber... (is that the appropriate colloquial vernacular, my antipodean friend? Rolling Eyes )

piattj

No you can call me Pete from Tea Gardens, I suspect you have been watching old Barry Mackenzie movies and became confused. Can not wait for Perth, they roll concrete dust into the pitch to soften it. Someone hit the sight screen on the second bounce of a short pitched delivery earlier this year, true story.
Good luck to both teams.

Tea Gardens

Post #210667 11th Dec 2013 6:30 am
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

If I were an opener, I'd be buying extra protection... Shocked ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #210676 11th Dec 2013 10:45 am
rjc1944

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

David Lloyd could have done with some more protection against Jeff Thompson there a few years back!

England are suffering, deservedly, for not encouraging young fast bowlers to be quick as they can. Line and length are all very well but we've seen nothing like Mitchell Johnson in England for years, and it shows. Ours - 2008 Stornoway Grey HSE Auto
Tricia's - 2006 Royal Blue Beetle Cabriolet Auto
Mine - 2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport Matt Black
Ours - 2007 White Bailey Pageant Champagne

Post #210682 11th Dec 2013 3:14 pm
Tea Gardens

Following on from the fining of Michael Clark for sledging the other day, i.e.,
“Get ready for a broken f…… arm”.
Pretty tame I thought; how about these.

ROD MARSH AND IAN BOTHAM
Rod Marsh supposedly once welcomed England all-rounder Botham to the crease with the following: "So how's your wife and my kids?"
Botham replied: "The wife's fine, but the kids are retarded."

MERV HUGHES AND ROBIN SMITH
During the second Ashes Test at Lord's in 1989 chatty Australian fast bowler Merv Hughes said to Robin Smith after he played and missed: "You can't f---ing bat".
After the next ball, which Smith hit to the fence, the batsman replied: "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't f---ing bat and you can't f---ing bowl."

JAMES ORMOND AND MARK WAUGH
Portly England journeyman James Ormond (two Tests) might have become one of the least-remembered international cricketers ever,
but for this exchange during his only Test against Australia in 2001 at the Oval.
Arriving at the crease with his team 300 behind, Ormond was greeted by Steve Waugh's accomplished brother Mark. "F--- me, look who it is,"
Waugh said. "Mate, what are you doing out here? There's no way you're good enough to play for England." Ormond's retort?
"Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family."

SHANE WARNE AND DARYLL CULLINAN
The legendary leg-spinner never stopped talking. He had a hold on the South African right-hander, but here was one Warne delivery Cullinan hit back strongly.
As Cullinan came to the wicket, Warne told him that he had been waiting two years for another chance to humiliate the Proteas.
"Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan replied to the pre-makeover Warne.

VIV RICHARDS AND GREG THOMAS
West Indian batting superstar Richards was daunted by no fast bowler.
In an English county game, Glamorgan's Greg Thomas spoke up after the Master Blaster had played and missed at a couple of deliveries.
"It's red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering,"Thomas said helpfully.
Richards smashed the next Thomas delivery out of the ground and into a nearby river, then said:
"Greg, you know what it looks like, now go and find it."
The same tale was later ascribed to Australian batting star Ricky Ponting and South African fast-bowler Shaun Pollock.

MERV HUGHES AND VIV RICHARDS
During a Test match in the Caribbean, burly moustachioed warrior Hughes was attempting his usual intimidation, staring at Richards after following through.
Richards offered the following cultural advice: "This is my island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl."
Hughes saved his response until he claimed the champion's wicket. "In my culture we just say f--- off.".

MERV HUGHES AND GRAHAM GOOCH
England opening batsman and captain Graham Gooch had played and missed at several Hughes deliveries, but survived.
"I'll get you a piano instead – see if you can play that," Hughes offered.

GRAHAM GOOCH AND MIKE GATTING
"If it had been a cheese roll, it would never have got past him," Gooch said after teammate Gatting had been bowled by Shane Warne's "ball of the century".

DENNIS LILLEE AND MIKE GATTING
Legendary fast bowler Dennis Lillee supposedly halted his run-up during an Ashes Test when about to bowl to Gatting.
He told the well-fed middle-order batsman: "Hell, Gatt, move out of the way. I can't see the stumps."

JAVED MIANDAD AND MERV HUGHES
Brilliant but enraging Pakistani batsman Javed Miandad called the Aussie quick "a fat bus conductor" during one of many spirited exchanges
he enjoyed with antipodean fast-bowlers
When Hughes dismissed Miandad soon after, he ran past the right-hander demanding, "Tickets please!"

IAN HEALY AND ARJUNA RANATUNGA
Wicketkeepers seem to feel a responsibility to be annoying.
When Australian gloveman Ian Healy observed Warne trying to tempt the chubby Sri Lankan skipper Arjuna Ranatunga out of his crease,
he advocated "putting a Mars Bar on a good length".

GLENN MCGRATH AND EDDO BRANDES
This sledge married two familiar tropes of the genre: dietary advice and marital critique.
After the Zimbabwe batsman played and missed, McGrath asked: "Oi, Brandes, why are you so fat?"
Brandes ensured the next delivery would be sharper by replying: "Cos every time I sleep with your wife she gives me a biscuit."

IAN HEALY AND MICHAEL ATHERTON
England opening batsman Atherton refused to walk after a loud appeal for a catch behind off his bat, Healy walked by, calling Atherton a "f---ing cheat".
The polite Englishman replied: "When in Rome, dear boy."

FRED TRUEMAN #1
During an Ashes Test in the 1960s, the great English fast bowler was fielding near the gate to the pavilion.
As a new batsman entered the playing arena, he turned to shut the gate. "Don't bother son, you won't be out there long enough," Trueman said.

FRED TRUEMAN #2
A young batsman, clean bowled by Trueman said: "That was a very good ball, Fred." Trueman replied: "Aye, and it was wasted on you."

FRED TRUEMAN #3
Australia was pressing for victory at the end of a Test match, with tail-ender Trueman at the crease.
Much of the team was crowded around the batsman, projecting their shadows on to the wicket.
Trueman announced: "Ere, if you lads don't back off, I'll appeal for bad light!”

FRED TRUEMAN #4
On the tour of Australia in 1962-63, England Test player the Reverend David Sheppard dropped several catches.
"Kid yourself it's Sunday, Rev," Trueman suggested, "and keep your hands together."

FRED TRUEMAN #5
Fred Trueman was bowling and induced an edge to first slip but the ball went between Raman Subba Row's legs.
The fieldsman apologised to Trueman, saying "I should've kept my legs together, Fred". "So should your mother," Fred fired back.

UNNAMED BODYLINE WIT
There is a story that controversial England skipper Douglas Jardine went to the Australian dressing room after a day's play to demand an apology
for a player calling him a bastard on the pitch.
The call went up: "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard!"

MALCOLM MARSHALL AND DAVID BOON
The frightening West Indian fast-bowler Malcolm Marshall gave Aussie top-order stalwart David Boon options after he had played and missed.
"Now David, are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"

VIV RICHARDS AND SUNIL GAVASKAR
The great Indian opener suffered a drop in form and demoted himself to number four in the order.
He gained little respite, with Marshall dismissing Anshuman Gaekwad and Dilip Vengsarkar for ducks to make the score 2/0
As Gavaskar came to the crease Viv Richards observed:
"Man, it don't matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero."

SHANE WARNE AND DARREN BERRY
In a New South Wales v Victoria Sheffield Shield match, Warne goaded his Australian teammate, impatient Blues opening batsman Slater.
When the restless Slater came out to bat, Warne and wicketkeeper Berry began the following 'timebomb' exchange:
Warne "Tick"
Berry "Tock"
Warne "Tick"
Berry "Tock"
After several overs Slater became frustrated and hit out rashly, to be caught at deep midwicket. As he walked off, Warne and Berry, cried: "Kaboom!"

DENNIS LILLEE
The great Australian fast-bowler apparently used the following sledge on batsmen throughout his storied career:
"I can see why you are batting so badly, you've got some Censored on the end of your bat."
This would usually compel the batsman to examine the bottom of his bat.
Lillee: "Wrong end mate".

Post #210752 12th Dec 2013 3:21 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1