« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My Freelander Story Part 1
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
My Freelander Story Part 1

As I will be leaving the fold next year I just thought I would share my 6 years ownership with fellow members.

January 2008 - Placed a personal lease order on a new Freelander 2 HSE in Rimini Red with bodykit. I was torn between Rimini and Zermatti Silver but thought the red made the chrome grille and side vents stand out more than silver would. Delivery expected April 2008
April 2008 - Took delivery and WOW, what a car, lovely to drive, comfy, absolutely perfect. Got loads of comments and many head turns - very few FL2's with a bodykit around so mine really stood out
May 2008 - noticed a knocking noise from the rear under braking and acceleration, 2 attempts at dealer to fix failed
September 2008 - knocking noise was more frequent and louder, dealer had it in and stripped fown the bodykit to the rear drivers side door. Didnt cure problem and next day bodykit panel fell off when i shut the door, returned to dealer and put back on
October 2008 - back at dealers for another attempt at fixing the knocking noise and also booked in for movement in the drivers seat when braking. Collected car to be told the drivers seat moves because it was a 'special seat' and their answer to the knocking noise was "nothing we can do about it and suggest you take it somewhere else!" My confidence in LR hit rock bottom, tried to contact the supplying dealer who ignored all phone calls and emails. Spoke to another local dealer who asked me to take my car them and they would have a look
November 2008 - new dealer had car for a week to try and fix the noise, they replaced the drivers seat as this was a known fault (unlike the special seat theory the other dealer had!). Unfortunately failed to fix the noise and the next day I noticed a dent in the bonnet, returned to dealer who denied causing it (which I knew they would), tried to blame a stone chip even though it wasnt a chip it was a jar sized dent! Vehicle went back in 2 weeks later for a week and knocking noise was cured (something to do with the chassis and bodywork coming into contact with one another) and the dent was repaired at a reasonable £60 (although out of my pocket)
June 2009 - Noticed that the front mesh grille was hanging off, went to one dealer to have it reglued but refused to fix unless I paid, went to another dealer who fixed it for me there and then.
Upto March 2011 - now it was running correctly it was a joy to own, loved every minute of the car! Sad to see it go but a MY11 was on the horizon with the new shape front which I was looking forward to

Part 2 FL2 MY11 to follow:- Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #209128 27th Nov 2013 5:02 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

When's part 2 coming out.... Laughing MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #210340 8th Dec 2013 7:01 pm
shilen

its coming soon...

Post #210554 10th Dec 2013 11:00 am
shilen

Part 2 of my Freelander story is postponed until next week when my FL2 goes in to investigate a fault with the rear diff..... My second Fl2 had 2 trouble free years but this year has been in 5 times so far (this will be its sixth), not good, kind of counting the days until my X3 arrives now. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #211020 14th Dec 2013 5:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1