« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sun roof and Gear level problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
Sun roof and Gear level problems

Just to let you know, I had fitted the roof rails myself and after fitting them I developed a problem with the sunroof ( I fitted the correct rails for the sunroof model) it would open but would only close and stop at about 3inches left to close and them bounce open again, to get it closed I had to put pressure on the sunroof until it was closed.
While the Freelander was in to get the gear level sorted they reset the sunroof by keeping your finger pressed on the closed button until it is closed, then keep your finger on the button for another 2 mins , this will reset the operation of the sunroof.

Gear lever
I have had a rubbing noise from the the gear lever when selecting 1st, 3rd, and 5th, it has been in at the main dealer twice before but the lubrication did not seem to work, back in for a third time and the dealer said that there was memo sent to all the dealers that day to say that that there was a fault and a bush needed adjusted and lubricated, It seems to have done the trick so far.

Will keep you posted.

Post #20330 17th May 2008 2:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Did this memo refeer to all manual boxes? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20332 17th May 2008 2:51 pm
Joiner_8

I dont know I was just told that they had received a memo that morning, R U having problems with your gears

Post #20336 17th May 2008 4:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Joiner_8

Joiner_8 wrote:
I dont know I was just told that they had received a memo that morning, R U having problems with your gears

I have had my FR2 into the dealers and they resolved the problem with the gear change and the sunroof . Freelander 2 SD4 hse Lux Loire Blue, side steps and roof rails fitted

Post #21346 31st May 2008 7:16 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

So what did they do with the gear change? How did they sort it out ? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21358 1st Jun 2008 9:37 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1