« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > First dent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
First dent

Sainsburys car park, huddersfield. Dent near window on rear offside door. Gutted. Somebody must have dropped something heavy on it. Only a small dent, but on the'crease' at top of door so I imagine hard to get out. Some nice person must have known they did it!. The first dent of many I guess. I'm beginning to think its unlucky car!

Post #206945 12th Nov 2013 9:38 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I feel for you, mine going in tomorrow to have dent to front wing removed - another victim of supermarket car parks

Post #206947 12th Nov 2013 9:44 pm
Deano64

2 months old! I imagine all door panel would have to come off to try to fix mine. I'll have to live with it, could use dent devils or someone! but worried that all stuff in the door won't work again after dismantling

Post #206948 12th Nov 2013 9:54 pm
Slaneydore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Noticed one on mine the weekend Sad
Just above the back wheel arch can only see it if the light hits it right so I'm not sure how long its been there but I'm guessing its within the last few weeks since the wife's been using it for work..... Not said anything to her has I couldn't see the point, all ill get is ( I don't know, wasn't me) Whistle BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders
The wanna be other half - http://www.freel2.com/forum/member-carriec.html

Post #206949 12th Nov 2013 9:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad210358

England 

It will soon be three years since we went to a supermarket, got fed up with inconsiderate parking, trolley scrapes, car door dings, little van from Tescos arrives every week, saves sooooo much hassle. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #206950 12th Nov 2013 10:00 pm
choccymonster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Pah!! Supermarkets?

If you're going to do it properly, do it in style, like me!!

Dexter had an argument with a VW Bora today - idiot drove into the side of me. No indication, didn't look, just switched lanes when Dexter was 2/3rds in front of him.

I guess my sodding great orange Land Rover is quite difficult to see.......

Dragged his VW all down the side of Dexter.

Fortunately Dexter's side steps deflected most of the damage, and made a bit of a mess of his little Bora....

Fun and games........

Post #206955 12th Nov 2013 10:09 pm
robbyvrs

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Slaneydore wrote:
Noticed one on mine the weekend Sad
Just above the back wheel arch can only see it if the light hits it right so I'm not sure how long its been there but I'm guessing its within the last few weeks since the wife's been using it for work..... Not said anything to her has I couldn't see the point, all ill get is ( I don't know, wasn't me) Whistle

Snap - i have 1 in the same place - dealer said his dent guy couldn't get at it and it would have to be filled/ painted - rather have a ding than a resprayed panel Sad

Post #206960 12th Nov 2013 10:28 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

But it all depends on who does the painting? If done right, you'd never know. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #206963 12th Nov 2013 10:30 pm
robbyvrs

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

i'd know - and i'm a perfectionist when it comes to someone else working on my car Very Happy

Problem with respray is on a car 4 years old it's never going to be an exact match - they did a great job of the facelift bumper but thats plastic so wont be 100% anyway

I haven't tried to get behind the wheelarch lining - it might be possible?
I've used a few dent people in the past on previous cars, some get behind the dent and massage it out but the last 1 used what looked like a punch and tapped it out from the front - this would work

Post #206968 12th Nov 2013 10:39 pm
DrRpb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

I take the Classic to Tesco now as it has huge tree sliders down the side. Was at the tip once and a new Mini parked up and clonked their door onto the sliders....she apologised but not a mark obviously - her door was dented but she didnt seemed fazed - too rich probably! * GONE. GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* GONE.2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Rocket ship. 33mpg.
* Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975 Smile

Post #206969 12th Nov 2013 10:51 pm
Rob.

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

choccymonster wrote:
Pah!! Supermarkets?

If you're going to do it properly, do it in style, like me!!

Dexter had an argument with a VW Bora today - idiot drove into the side of me. No indication, didn't look, just switched lanes when Dexter was 2/3rds in front of him.

I guess my sodding great orange Land Rover is quite difficult to see.......

Dragged his VW all down the side of Dexter.

Fortunately Dexter's side steps deflected most of the damage, and made a bit of a mess of his little Bora....

Fun and games........

Never a dull moment in your life, ey Dave Wink Freelander 2 HSE Lux SD4 - Sumatra Black

Post #207016 13th Nov 2013 1:43 pm
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black
Re: First dent

Deano64 wrote:
Sainsburys car park, huddersfield. Dent near window on rear offside door. Gutted. Somebody must have dropped something heavy on it. Only a small dent, but on the'crease' at top of door so I imagine hard to get out. Some nice person must have known they did it!. The first dent of many I guess. I'm beginning to think its unlucky car!

I know sainsburys in Huddersfield quite well, fortunately the wife generally goes there in her Astra. People have no respect for other peoples cars, hope your damage isn't too bad. Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #207073 13th Nov 2013 10:35 pm
Deano64

Thanks for message.

Dent is only small, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, especially with a new car. The lines of car around the dent, especially in sunlight are not straight any more. Still wondering about gettting a dent removal company out to have a look. I think it will be easyish to get out, but I'm more worried about how they would get to the back of the door to massage it out. I want everything to still work if the interior door panel has to come off. Maybe these dent removal companies take all this into account !

Post #207105 14th Nov 2013 10:16 am
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black

Look on YouTube at dent pulling. Some good clips on there. Might give you an idea of how they remove dents with out dismantling the car. Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #207107 14th Nov 2013 10:41 am
Alan7140

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

The hazards of new vehicle ownership.

In the first 9 months I collected passenger's door dent (errant rock rolling down hill as I was driving past), smashed driver's door window glass (something thrown up by oncoming truck), scratched and dented left front bumper (caused by running into low stump and discarded barbed wire when running off road in response to driver's glass shattering), broken windscreen (oncoming car/trailer combo failing to slow when passing on narrow gravel road), broken rear reflector and dented and scratched rear bumper when borrowed trailer locking pin failed and trailer came off tow ball and went through a merry little time crashing into various parts of the bumper while snaking around on the safety chains before I could bring the whole thing to a stop.

In the previous 17 years I had not so much as had a single dent in my previous Honda Prelude, which I'd bought second hand.

Had the FL2 fixed, mostly under insurance, and in the 2 years since, not a single scratch. These dings seem to be included in the fine print of every new car purchase agreement.

Post #207363 16th Nov 2013 3:46 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>