« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Forty-Ten years old on monday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Forty-Ten years old on monday

Yep, here I am, about to hit the big Forty-Ten on Monday, but I am not here on Monday, as I am doing this:

[url]http://www.intotheblue.co.uk/site/pages/!4x4-Northamptonshire-149.aspx[/url]

And then on Tuesday I am doing this:

Blackthorn School of Photography, Wiltshire – Better DSLR photography – One-to-one all day session.

And then sometime soon I am doing something like this apparently:

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Product/Id/746/N...Experience

So being Forty-Ten is quite active!

Some thoughts about being 40-Ten:

Wiry hairs appear in strange places.

Trousers keep shrinking around the waistline. Must be the washing powder…..

Watching Eastenders with a bottle of wine is preferable to going to a night club and dancing with a pretty girl.

The mind is willing, the body isn’t………

I’ve had some great experiences

Sold house and all possessions, bought yacht – sailed to Med for a year – came back broke, but happy. More experiences in that year than most have in a lifetime.

SkyDiving – the biggest adrenaline rush you can possibly have

Coming 29th out 0f 78 in the World Laser2 Sailing Championships at Lake Como, Italy

Driving the Porsche Cayman at full pelt around Bedfordshire race track.

Private Dining - Dinner set out on the rocks, just the 2 of us on the entire beach, served by waiters, sun setting in the middle of Emerald Bay (Conde Naste – best beach in the world) on the island of Pangkor Laut, Malaysia – with a 3-guitar band singing romantic songs – it doesn’t get any better!

Climbing Crinkle Craggs via Crinkle Gill and Bow Fell in the Lake District (when I was fitter) – simply awe inspiring. Wainwright was right.

Met some great people!

Things to do after 40-Ten

Climb Everest – ok, mind willing, body not – so will watch others do it via Sky TV channels

Sail the Southern Ocean – the scariest and most dangerous place on earth - still to do and is do-able. Anyone gotta boat?

An Activity Day Wink with Kelly Brook – can’t find that one on redletterdays.co.uk ….. Razz

I'll let you know how the 4x4 day goes - its the all day session. 5 hrss behind the wheel! Chris

Post #16814 29th Mar 2008 10:56 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: Forty-Ten years old on monday

ttc546 wrote:
Yep, here I am, about to hit the big Forty-Ten on Monday, but I am not here on Monday, as I am doing this:

[url]http://www.intotheblue.co.uk/site/pages/!4x4-Northamptonshire-149.aspx[/url]

And then on Tuesday I am doing this:

Blackthorn School of Photography, Wiltshire – Better DSLR photography – One-to-one all day session.

And then sometime soon I am doing something like this apparently:

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Product/Id/746/N...Experience

So being Forty-Ten is quite active!

Some thoughts about being 40-Ten:

Wiry hairs appear in strange places.

Trousers keep shrinking around the waistline. Must be the washing powder…..

Watching Eastenders with a bottle of wine is preferable to going to a night club and dancing with a pretty girl.

The mind is willing, the body isn’t………

Sold house and all possessions, bought yacht – sailed to Med for a year – came back broke, but happy. More experiences in that year than most have in a lifetime.

SkyDiving – the biggest adrenaline rush you can possibly have

Coming 29th out 0f 78 in the World Laser2 Sailing Championships at Lake Como, Italy

Driving the Porsche Cayman at full pelt around Bedfordshire race track.

Private Dining - Dinner set out on the rocks, just the 2 of us on the entire beach, served by waiters, sun setting in the middle of Emerald Bay (Conde Naste – best beach in the world) on the island of Pangkor Laut, Malaysia – with a 3-guitar band singing romantic songs – it doesn’t get any better!

Climbing Crinkle Craggs via Crinkle Gill and Bow Fell in the Lake District (when I was fitter) – simply awe inspiring. Wainwright was right.

Met some great people!

Things to do after 40-Ten

Climb Everest – ok, mind willing, body not – so will watch others do it via Sky TV channels

Sail the Southern Ocean – the scariest and most dangerous place on earth - still to do and is do-able. Anyone gotta boat?

An Activity Day Wink with Kelly Brook – can’t find that one on redletterdays.co.uk ….. Razz

I'll let you know how the 4x4 day goes - its the all day session. 5 hrss behind the wheel!

Congratulations.
I would rahther look at it as "double 20+(with not so much on the +)" Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #16891 31st Mar 2008 1:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Congratulations on getting to the Half Century Very Happy

Quote:

Sold house and all possessions, bought yacht – sailed to Med for a year – came back broke, but happy. More experiences in that year than most have in a lifetime. Thumbs Up Thats a great experiance

SkyDiving – the biggest adrenaline rush you can possibly have Sad I must get round to doing that

Coming 29th out 0f 78 in the World Laser2 Sailing Championships at Lake Como, Italy Thumbs Up Not last Exclamation

Driving the Porsche Cayman at full pelt around Bedfordshire race track. Thumbs Up

Private Dining - Dinner set out on the rocks, just the 2 of us on the entire beach, served by waiters, sun setting in the middle of Emerald Bay (Conde Naste – best beach in the world) on the island of Pangkor Laut, Malaysia – with a 3-guitar band singing romantic songs – it doesn’t get any better! Private apart from all the waiters and guitar players Rolling with laughter

Climbing Crinkle Craggs via Crinkle Gill and Bow Fell in the Lake District (when I was fitter) – simply awe inspiring. Wainwright was right. Is that steep Question

Met some great people!
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #16893 31st Mar 2008 1:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1