Home > General > Which of these 3 iPod connections
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

avtur wrote:
jimbob4755 wrote:
Advice please! I copied purchased ITunes songs onto a cd, but my Cd player (6 disk But I don't know if relevant) will not recognise the disk Big Cry . It could be the file format, can anyone tell me what I need to do Question

Seem to recall this is an issue, the security encoding on i-Tunes purchases limits how you can share. A legal i-Tunes purchase is not a simple mp3 (I've just checked in my I-tunes library a song I know was a legal download is a "security coded AAC format" where another one that I know was loaded from a legal CD shows as "mp3". I think the AAC coded files have sharing that is somehow limited to Apple equipment.

So you can play your I-tunes songs through an i-pod into another system (e.g. i pod in car) but you can't take the file out of an i-pod / i-tunes and re-locate the file e.g. burning to a CD.

I always burn a copy of any Itunes I purchase onto CD as a back up copy and have never had a problem on any CD equipment including MP3 playing machines just alter the encoding setting when you burn the disc as I previously advised

Post #16909 31st Mar 2008 9:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123