« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Rear screen Part No LR004166
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Rear screen Part No LR004166

I have noticed on the online builder and in the accessories book the 2013 freelander now does not have the rear entertainment accessory listed as an option Rolling Eyes However I bought a brand new boxed set from a dealer couple of years ago for a very good price knowing that I will be getting a freelander 2 in the future. Yes I know who buys things for a car they dont have is a comment im expecting to hear Rolling with laughter . My question is why is this now not available? Even the HSE Luxury doesnt have it fitted as standard? Has anyone fitted this kit to their 2013 model freelander 2?

thanks in advance Thumbs Up

Last edited by LR NUT on 17th Sep 2014 11:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #200459 23rd Sep 2013 9:24 pm
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

The Freelander 2 (LR2) rear entertainment setup ( both versions) only requires power (via a forked connection to the cigarette lighter(power plug) under the center console. No other wiring is needed for a basic install. You could also hook up the audio to the rear headphone controls or the stereo head unit aux input ( via the optional iPhone aux pack) in 2007-2012 models.

If you wish to install the kit in a 2013 or newer model, You may have to relocate the input jacks/media card reader box ( depending on which version) under the front seat because the center console "cubby" design has changed. You also need to match the interior colour of your 2013 model with the colour of the Headrest. Example. The rear screens in Alphaca (beige) leather might look off if installed in a 2012 model with an Almond (beige shade) interior. In that case you would have to re-intall the screens in the existing 2013 model colour/leather type headrest.

Post #200485 23rd Sep 2013 11:14 pm
LR NUT

Thanks for that brings joy to my ears Laughing yes the colour of headrests is the wrong colour but I could use the headrests I get with the car and get them fitted in. Just glad they will still fit Thumbs Up not sure why Land Rover don't offer them no more as an option.....

Post #200499 24th Sep 2013 8:11 am
ad210358

England 

Main reason being they didn't sell to well as like most LR accessories they are over priced, a couple of years ago the dealers were dumping them on a internet auction site and were being sold for around £150 p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #200516 24th Sep 2013 12:18 pm
losteastview

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

Fitted a set in my 2013 model, bought off fleabay for £99 includng all wiring/sockets and I/R headphones.
Then bought a second hand car dvd player off fleabay for £15 and fiited it to the underside of the passenger front seat. All up done for £114. Works and looks perfect plus kids absolutely love them.

Also installed a splitter so the music can be heard through the headphones or through the cars audio system via the 3.5mm jack.

Post #200563 24th Sep 2013 6:27 pm
LR NUT

Any pics of the install? Would it work with the dvd player player on the front screen?

thanks Bow down

Post #203197 15th Oct 2013 5:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1