« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Bye, bye TTC546, Hello TTC546
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Bye, bye TTC546, Hello TTC546

Finally I picked up my new FL2 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (+privacy glass) on friday and said goodbye to my beloved Porsche Cayman S. I will take some pics when the weather decides to finally show us some sky that looks blue instead of black or grey with lots of wet stuff falling down from it.

I've had a loan FL2 this last week (manual). I sorry to say to all those manual gearbox owners out there that the manual gearbox just does not suit the car IMHO. The lever seems a little too far out of reach. 5th and 6th gears are very poor in torque, meaning lots of gearchanges on motorways. The auto box is smooth and effortless by comparison. Sorry, I speak as I find.

I've had the Load mat and the Cargo Barrier installed by the dealer as the car is for carrying dogs at weekends. With sunday being a downpour here and I took the dogs for their Flyball training on a farm, the boot was covered in mud from the dogs afterwards - as well as the car! A hose on the outside and a damp cloth on the inside soon cleared up the mess. Couldn't have done that with the Porsche!

The Bluetooth is now paired with both my Blackberry Pearl and my Apple iPhone. I choose what I want to be connected when I get in the car.

My wife has booked me an all day 4x4 experience as part of my 50th birthday treats (50 on March 31st!) as well as me trying to get one from the dealer. Northamptonshire (Rutland) I believe is where I am going!

Loving it already!

TTC546 is my personal number plate that I have transferred from car to car since 2000. 7 cars in 8 years -- hmm ......
Audi TT Coupe, Porsche Boxster 2.7, Porsche Boxster S, BMW 300 Coupe, BMW Z4, Porsche Cayman S, Landrover Freelander 2. Check out my website for all the car pics under menu TTC546/Life of TTC546 Chris

Post #15980 17th Mar 2008 6:45 am
annesley23

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

errrr!!! Thanks for info. Freelander 2 HSE Auto TD4. Privacy Glass. DAB Radio. Upper Chrome Mirror Covers. Tread Plates Front/Back. Cargo Net. SafeGuard, Santorini Black, Moon Roof

Post #15981 17th Mar 2008 8:51 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I notice the new owners get up nice'n'early to go for a drive. Laughing

Post #15982 17th Mar 2008 9:07 am
muddywheels

England 
Re: Bye, bye TTC546, Hello TTC546

ttc546 wrote:
Finally I picked up my new FL2 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (+privacy glass) on friday and said goodbye to my beloved Porsche Cayman S. I will take some pics when the weather decides to finally show us some sky that looks blue instead of black or grey with lots of wet stuff falling down from it.

I've had a loan FL2 this last week (manual). I sorry to say to all those manual gearbox owners out there that the manual gearbox just does not suit the car IMHO. The lever seems a little too far out of reach. 5th and 6th gears are very poor in torque, meaning lots of gearchanges on motorways. The auto box is smooth and effortless by comparison. Sorry, I speak as I find.

I've had the Load mat and the Cargo Barrier installed by the dealer as the car is for carrying dogs at weekends. With sunday being a downpour here and I took the dogs for their Flyball training on a farm, the boot was covered in mud from the dogs afterwards - as well as the car! A hose on the outside and a damp cloth on the inside soon cleared up the mess. Couldn't have done that with the Porsche!......

Welcome to the club!

I have the manual and although my last 2 Disco's were Auto I don't think the Manual is that bad. Especially compared to the Manual Jag I had last! I get better Mpg, cheaper road tax, saved over a grand and it revs less - particularily on hills with cruise set!

I bought a Dog Bag for my Lab and the boot from the roofbox company - keeps the mud and dog hair out of the car and washes easy. Highly recommended Thumbs Up

Post #15985 17th Mar 2008 10:38 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome TTC

Done worry about the grey skys it matches our Stornaway grey perfectly.

I like the manual box, but agree the 6th gear is a little low on the torque and does mean the odd gear change and is near useless when towing.

Nick Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15986 17th Mar 2008 10:47 am
chicken george

towing is near useless Laughing

I hear John Major drives a grey fl2 Laughing with privacy glass so him and Edwina can play in the back Whistle

Post #15987 17th Mar 2008 10:55 am
muddywheels

England 

I treat 6th as overdrive for motorway/dual carriageways with cruise - use 1-5 mostly and they seem ok.

I also think manual gives a more involved drive and feels more sporty. Very Happy

The sport mode on Auto used to rev like hell but never seemed to go faster - might be good for petrol but Censored for diesel engines.

Post #15990 17th Mar 2008 11:03 am
chicken george

I think VW/AUDI s-tronic/dsg is the future for auto, no power loss through the viscous drive, so I shall wait until landrover start fitting a similar type box

Post #15991 17th Mar 2008 11:15 am
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I've also ordered from eBay, the Clear Side Indicator repeaters.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-FREELANDER-2-CLE...dZViewItem

The orange ones are "so last year dahling" Laughing

I did think of the smoked glass ones but wasn't sure... Chris

Post #15998 17th Mar 2008 12:47 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ttc546 wrote:

I did think of the smoked glass ones but wasn't sure...

As said before the clear ones match with the front lights, so are probably the better option. That reminds me that I need to order mine!

Welcome to the boards......

That's a hell of a change from the Porker to the FL2........should have both instead! Want to look at possibly a 2nd hand boxster S as a second (weekend) car maybe, or I might go for a jetski instead Laughing

Post #16034 18th Mar 2008 5:06 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:

CG is towing a Jetski OK.....I promise I'd get a removable towbar Laughing

Post #16035 18th Mar 2008 5:08 am
chicken george

Gambba wrote:

As said before the clear ones match with the front lights, so are probably the better option. That reminds me that I need to order mine!

Better buy a stepladder too so you can reach to fit them Cool

Post #16042 18th Mar 2008 9:20 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Gambba wrote:
ttc546 wrote:

I did think of the smoked glass ones but wasn't sure...

Hi Gambba, I choose clear for mine and think they look good with the Stornoway Grey colour and as you say the other lamp lenses are clear as well, (photo in gallery) Thumbs Up Very glad I didnt get the smoked lenses Very Happy
However I have also considered getting rid of the fried egg look, but so far it has not bothered me at all. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #16043 18th Mar 2008 9:21 am
chicken george

Agreed fried egg thing is not a problem . Towing a Jetski is fine, unless the trailer blocks the view for cars behind you, towing is fine providing your set up is capable of 70mph Laughing

Last edited by chicken george on 18th Mar 2008 1:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #16044 18th Mar 2008 9:26 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Gambba wrote:
chicken george wrote:

CG is towing a Jetski OK.....I promise I'd get a removable towbar Laughing

Your in the right place to have a JetSki,

When I had one Kawasaki 900cc two seater it went through its 40L onboard tank and two 20L Jerry Cans of Super Unleaded a day. Which was about £75 a day in fuel

Made a Great weekend away but cost the earth to run at 70mph all day Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #16049 18th Mar 2008 10:40 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>