« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > PDI Options?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cameo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
PDI Options?

My new Freelander has turned up at the dealers somewhat earlier than expected and they are working to get out to me for Saturday Very Happy

I have previously owned VAG vehicles which can be programmed with different options e.g. Drivers door only unlocks, all doors lock above 10 mph, windows can be raised and lowered via keyfob etc. Does anyone know if this is possible with the FL2 (I know I could ask the dealer but I'm naturally distrusting of them Wink ).

Post #14877 28th Feb 2008 11:34 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not too sure on the xs Version

You can press the keyfob once for drivers door, twice for all doors

also you can press 'open' and hold for ALL windows go down, and again for 'close' button

the doors will all lock once the car is in motion over ?? mph

You'll have to let us know what you think of the DAB radio, lots of us wanted it, but can't change or add it now Confused You are aware that DAB2 is coming out in a few years and DAB1 will no longer work Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14884 28th Feb 2008 1:36 pm
Cameo

LOL, I haven't been on the forum long but I guessed you'd know the answer and be the first to reply. Thumbs Up So the options aren't changeable as far as you know? I find the double click for all door unlocking annoying.

I had heard there are plans to change DAB but I would be surprised if it happens in the next few years- it's only £200 to enjoy 6Music on the move in that time Very Happy

Post #14943 29th Feb 2008 11:49 am
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

The locking arrangement is configurable by you.
To change from "1 plip unlocks drivers door and tailgate" to "1 plip unlocks all doors including tailgate" - press the unlock button, with the unlock button still pressed press the lock button and hold both buttons for 4 seconds. The doors will lock then unlock in the changed way and the hazard lights will flash twice to confirm the change.
All taken from page 36 of the handbook

PS. In the 1st week of January 2007, I placed an order including a DAB radio, for delivery in March 2007 - good job I didn`t wait!!!!! Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #14945 29th Feb 2008 11:58 am
Cameo

Thanks Nicam. It's nice to know it's user configurable- with the VAG cars you either need your own software and lead, or book it in to workshops (and pay the associated labour cost) to change. I'll check out the manual when I pick the car up tomorrow. Thumbs Up

We ordered the car at the end of January and were told not to expect it until early April. The phone call to say it arrived was out of the blue Shocked It's a bit of pain because I'm studying for an exam in 10 days and I now have a new distraction to revision- mind you I no longer have an 18 mile round trip cycling commute Laughing

Post #14946 29th Feb 2008 12:32 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Cameo wrote:
Thanks Nicam. It's nice to know it's user configurable- with the VAG cars you either need your own software and lead, or book it in to workshops (and pay the associated labour cost) to change.

Or meet up with a chap like me who would have done it at no charge Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #14949 29th Feb 2008 1:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Cameo wrote:
LOL, I haven't been on the forum long but I guessed you'd know the answer and be the first to reply. Thumbs Up So the options aren't changeable as far as you know? I find the double click for all door unlocking annoying.

I had heard there are plans to change DAB but I would be surprised if it happens in the next few years- it's only £200 to enjoy 6Music on the move in that time Very Happy

I do my best with what i know Whistle

I wouldn't worry too much about the DAB it will be at least 4 years before the switch so a BOSE dealer told me Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14950 29th Feb 2008 1:14 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
I do my best with what i know Whistle

And it HURTS Rolling with laughter

Post #14956 29th Feb 2008 1:43 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Just thought I'd let you know, that all of these features are on the XS, as that's what I've got.

The only problem with changing the door locking action, is that when a dealer updates your software, you then need to reprogramme both keyfobs,

It's not really a problem, at least not for me, but when I'd not long got my car back from the dealer it was raining, I'd made a dash for the car, clicked the unlock button once, and opened my door and jumped into the dry, to then have frantic banging on the window by my better half, as I'd left her door locked, but didn't realise, it didn't go down too well.

Just a word of warning for everyone, so you don't suffer the same fate as me, I was not popular

Rich

Post #14967 29th Feb 2008 6:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1