Home > Technical > Driver's Door Control Panel Dead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyH

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver
Driver's Door Control Panel Dead

Hi All,

Had my FL2 for nearly a year and been very pleased with it overall. Was really good to find this website as it has helped identify a few issues and reassures me I'm not alone!!

Anyway have a few niggles with the vehicle as do many who have posted here. Hopefully will get these resolved as others have done. However experienced a new problem the other day which haven't seen any information on. I was pulling into my work car park and couldn't lower the driver's window. Had to open the door in the end to swipe through! After some investigation discovered the entire driver's control panel on the door was complely dead. Wouldn't operate any windows or door mirrors. The respective controls on each door operate their window but the driver's side is completely dead. Have checked fuse and all o.k. Booked in tomorrow at Stratstone Land Rover, Cheltenham so hopefully they will diagnose the problem.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or can suggest what might be causing it? Suspect might be a dropped cable or simply faulty panel.

Second issue which hasn't been mentioned elsewhere is with my mobile phone and bluetooth integration. I have a Samsung D900 which pairs with no problem and synchronises great. Phone book works and can make and receive calls all o.k. However the following menu functions do not work: Missed Calls, Received Calls and Dialled Calls. Display shows 'Please Wait' but never displays call list. When new, these menu options worked intermittently but now don't work at all. Have tried other phones with no problem. Obviously issue with my phone but Land Rover website says fully compatible. Anyone else suffered this problem?

Post #14667 25th Feb 2008 12:16 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

refering to the d900 I had a d900 and as it says on the website if your software is 5. somthing it does work if the software is 6. somthing it does pair with the fl2 but it wont load phone book or any other functions ie missed calls ans such like 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #14679 25th Feb 2008 2:23 pm
AndyH

Thanks for the reply. The phonebook does load however, it's just the missed calls, received calls and dialled calls which don't appear. Display simply says 'Please wait' and never gets past that. Phonebook is fine.

Post #14688 25th Feb 2008 6:12 pm
tamboradave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame

Hiya,

The control panel on mine is a bit hit & miss too... sometimes I can't lower the wing mirrors and have to really press the buttons hard for them to take effect...

I'll be booking mine into Stratstone Cheltenham soon for them to take a look at it.

Regards,

David

Post #14879 28th Feb 2008 12:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyH

It turned out my control panel was simply a blown fuse. I had checked the fuse I thought was for this panel but obviously got the wrong one!! Anyway all fixed now but don't know why it blew in the first place.

It was my first visit to Stratstone and I wasn't overly impressed. Felt there was a lack of customer care and they left me waiting for 2 hours with no updates. I'll see what they are like next time as it has to go back in to have the 'B' pillar surround replaced (seat belt wearing into the plastic), audio system software updated or amp replaced (intermittent fault where no sound heard after start) and a few other niggles.

Would be interested to hear your experience of them.

Post #14881 28th Feb 2008 1:03 pm
tamboradave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame

Oh Mate... bad service! Tell me about it..

Stratstone in Cheltenham are simply crap.. in every single way. I hate having to go there as it's always such a downer.. and they never get any better. Thank god I didn't buy my freelander from them.

Probably the worst car dealership I've ever known...

Good luck!

Regards,

David

Post #15078 3rd Mar 2008 4:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

The drivers control panel also requires the 7.5A Interior Lights fuse in the passanger compartment box to be working as I recently discovered.

Post #103829 31st May 2011 1:20 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Cheers

Just wanted to say thanks for the interior light tip. Very Happy
I've traded my FL2 in for a newer better spec one but the price the garage wanted for a new tow bar was prohibitive so they agreed I could to keep mine. A friend (mechanic) removed my tow bar and electrics today and brought the car back - minus a working drivers door panel and interior light. I checked the fuse and to my horror, it was ok. (Visions of the trade in being rejected for want of a £XXXX control unit Big Cry ). Anyway - I have pulled the interior light fuse and its blown (no doubt he blew it when he pulled the rear trim pane to access the tow bar control unit) so it looks like all I need is a 7.5 mini spade fuse and all will be well.
I can sleep again.
Cheers Thumbs Up 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #115298 30th Sep 2011 11:21 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

put a new fuse in and all well again . Very Happy 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #115407 2nd Oct 2011 10:16 am
Deano

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

Sorry to raise an old thread, but thanks for the tip on the interior light fuse. Lost all Windows except the front passenger that was working (why this one?). All related fuses good. Thought I should check on here and here was my answer.

Post #182015 28th Apr 2013 10:29 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I noticed in the snow the switch unit was always getting full of snow when door was opened or window,i ended up with a tissue stuck in it and sprayed a load of WD40 in it.

Post #182025 28th Apr 2013 11:19 am
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I have a spare control panel for electric windows, I bought it but didn't need it

Post #182042 28th Apr 2013 4:51 pm
henrynavigator

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Manual Barolo Black

AndyP wrote:
The drivers control panel also requires the 7.5A Interior Lights fuse in the passanger compartment box to be working as I recently discovered.

Thanks for this Andy; fixed my FL-2 in 30 seconds after reading this. Thumbs Up

Post #228898 11th Jul 2014 6:14 pm
jon_a5

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Santorini Black

Thanks from me too! Mine went off on a long journey the last week, was worried it was going to be costly, quick search on here on my mobile at a services, free fix using the spares under the bonnet. Freelander 2, 2014 Dynamic SD4 Santorini Black

Post #229057 14th Jul 2014 1:02 pm
amerclarke

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

When I fitted my tow bar off my old to my newer freelander I accidentally blew the fuse by forgetting that there is a permanent live too the boot light, the earth is switched.
Easy fix. Whistle Al C

Post #229070 14th Jul 2014 5:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>