Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Quality fuel - benefits ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
StuckInTheMud

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

Some of the mpg that some drivers manage to get baffles me!

Just spent the whole of July in Europe and travelled approx 3000 miles - my findings:

SD4 HSE Auto

Zeebrugge to Frieburg (left hand corner of Germany - with Swiss border) managed 38 solo, believe me when I say I was shifting as had to be at location for 5pm to pickup my caravan.

Frieburg to Innsbruck (steady incline most of the way, and site at 2600 feet) - towing a Fendt which is a heavy beast 1800kg? as it is heavily loaded, anyway managed 23 mpg, towing at 70 mph at times uphill!

Went to Italy for a pizza 200 mile round trip, went over several passes, one was 7500 feet (solo) 28 mpg

Took a run to Nueswanstein castle and Oberammergau ( round trip over 100 miles) but included going up a steep pass 38 mpg

Did a trip to Salzburg (eagles nest) managed 47 mpg
Trip back was 46 mpg

Trip back to Frieburg with caravan was 26 mpg

Solo back to Zeebrugge was 38 mpg (got flashed for speeding)

All of the above was achieved with some very quick cross country motoring I.e 70/80/90 mph

Very impressed with the performance and mpg as I was not driving like miss daisy as had tight timescales to maintain.

This car performed better than my Tiguan Summit (auto) towing the same caravan and contents and over very similar terrain so chuffed. This car is quick and towed better than the Tiggy as a couple of times my speed was over 70 mph whilst towing - before I get slatted this was not intentional, it just happened, the car is so easy to exceed speed limits. Next time I shall keep a better eye on the speed!

The only thing that the Tiggy has on this car is that the drivers seat is more comfortable, nothing else as I can see I'm afraid so well done LR 'There is thunder' then 'There is the warble of a V8'

SD4 HSE Fuji White (my car): sidesteps, door protection
Golf 2.0 tdi White (wife's car)
Triumph Stag (my 1975 V8 toy - 37,600 miles... Just started its 2nd restoration... had it since 1986)

Tiguan Summit (gone, but nice car)
Porsche Boxster (gone, it was too fast)
SLK (gone, did not like it - lost loads £s)
Discovery Cairngorm (gone,very tractor like)
+ loads of other cars

Post #194650 12th Aug 2013 5:01 pm
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Baffles me too! I don't carry heavy stuff in the car, check tyre pressures regularly, drive at legal speed limits, accelerate as quuickly as I can to that speed without flooring the gas pedal, anticipate ahead to avoid wasting fuel and had car serviced after purchase (2 months after its pre-sale service).

I do drive a lot of short journeys which crucify the MPG figs though. Maybe that is the single biggest factor in the differences as motorway trips without a van on the back will add 10+ mpg

Post #194681 12th Aug 2013 8:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456