« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > About to Purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
scribble

About to Purchase

Hi Folks,

First time poster soon to be first time purchaser!

I'm gathering prices for a new 2.2 Auto HSE with Met paint, Premium pack, privacy glass and Xenons. Best price so far is around £33.5k

Any thounghts on whether this is a good deal or can I do better?

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #14535 22nd Feb 2008 12:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Hi Scribble

Welcome Very Happy

Contact by Private Message (PM) James at Charles Hurst Land Rover who might be able to better the deal been a forum sponser

also forum member

KAM100 can normall sort a good deal out via his company http://www.mhcfinance.co.uk along with the finance side and GAP insurance.

PM works better as they will both get a email informing them of the PM waiting for them Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14543 22nd Feb 2008 1:21 pm
chizzy

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

For the spec you want list is:

£35,665 (30390 + Auto-1370 + PP-1850 + Xenons-695 + met-490 + priv-300)

From experience you should aim for 10% off which would be: £32,098.

10% IS achieveable.....ring all your dealers within 30 miles and play them off each other. I'm currently waiting for my 2.2 GS with Met and Privacy glass,

List is: £24,250 (23460 + met-490 + priv-300)

I Paid: £21,790 which is 10.2% OFF and still got 6.9% APR PCP. From Guy Salmon.

Post #14549 22nd Feb 2008 1:44 pm
GazzyH

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Another newbie here.........

I've just ordered a TD4 SE for the wife today and got a fair chunk of money off (about £3500) Very Happy

The best price i could secure after some searching was from Internet Broker, Drive the Deal.

I've just priced up your spec and it could be yours for £31333.70. That said, I think they only deliver to mainland England, so you may need a trip from where you are to collect it from the supplying Land Rover dealer Wink

Post #14570 23rd Feb 2008 12:24 am
scribble

Hi GazzyH,

Impressive saving there! Did you order yours through DriveTheDeal and how did you find the process and service to be?

Cheers.

Post #14595 23rd Feb 2008 4:15 pm
GazzyH

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Yes, I placed an order with Drive the Deal on Thursday, they called me back the same day to confirm the specification.

Their Land Rover dealer called yesterday, to again confirm the spec.

An hour later, the dealer called back and confirmed the estimated delivery date (approx 8 weeks) and took the deposit payment (be careful here as they will request you pay for all optional extras with your deposit)

Drive the Deal don't handle your money, and you deal with the Land Rover dealer directly after the initial introduction.

So far, a pretty impressive service! FL2 TD4 SE Manual, Santorini Black, 18" 12 Spokes and Privacy.

Post #14598 23rd Feb 2008 5:18 pm
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Try Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Last edited by commando on 18th Apr 2008 11:00 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #14668 25th Feb 2008 12:16 pm
scribble

Hi Commando,

I had been looking for a pre-reg but few where available with the spec I wanted and those that where are nearly the same as a new order for some reason!

The local dealers have knocked aother couple of hundred off but still no where near to Drive The Deal or Motorlogic. Usual story about the safety of dealing with a local supplier. I'd be keen to hear of other peoples experiences about dealing with an Internet broker v. a local dealer.

Cheers.

Post #14684 25th Feb 2008 4:30 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi,

Just ordered from dealer and came very close to using 'drive the deal' who seamed to have the best broker prices on FL2 at moment.

My local dealer got within a couple of hundred pounds of the brokers price but then threw in 20% off my first three services which made the prices about the same. ( first service £250 after discount which compares very well to mercedes who i use at the moment)

As mentioned in a post above , i also played three dealers against each other and was prepared to walk away and keep pestering them via phone.

would have had no qualms about using 'drive the deal ' though. Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #14687 25th Feb 2008 6:06 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Agree with Commando abour Farnells. I bought from them in Bradford after using the LR used vehicles site

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/?r...IRECT_2004

and finding the vehicle with <50>£8k discount on a pre-reg i6 was too tempting and I've not regretted it! DT

Post #14701 25th Feb 2008 8:13 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Assuming it is correct there is a dealer in the NE offering a pre-reg TD4 HSE in Izmir Blue with delivery miles for £25,521:

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/co...tID=581302

Post #14702 25th Feb 2008 8:22 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I got a 10% deal through an online broker uknewcars who brokered me a deal with Stratstones dealer in High Wycombe (they only tell which dealer when you have bought for obvious reasons). It would have been a little less than 9% but I got them in a dutch auction with a local dealer.

The broker was excellant to deal with very friendly and polite despite various phone calls back and forth with more and more fraught prices.. The local dealer started to pressure me saying he had paid good money to give me the test drive etc etc.. .. yada yada..

He couldnt match the broker price at the end of the day. As soon as I had agreed to sale and paid a £500 deposit the broker gave me the sales mans name in Stratstones and I never spoke to the broker again!!

Car was delivered from Strastones 3 weeks earlier than promised.

Make sure you know exactly what you want, line up a few dealers and a broker and watch 'em fight it out!

S. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #14715 25th Feb 2008 10:58 pm
scribble

Well after many phone calls, false starts, delays and frustration I have finally placed an order! I thought I had offended all my local dealers as one by one they all stopped returning my calls as the price got tantalisingly close to the Internet broker prices. Finally the broker couldn't guarantee the price they advertised so a local dealer has won the business.

Now I have to endure the long wait until delivery but am really looking forward to taking delivery of my new FL2.

Cheers for the comments and general advice on the website.

Post #16156 19th Mar 2008 4:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1