Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > MY 11 Headlights for facelifts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
taztastic

England 
MY 11 Headlights for facelifts

http://www.landroverbreaker.com/products.asp?catid=7

Scroll down the page there are some Freelander projector style headlights, listed as Xenon but they may not be as many people are confused by the look so check before buying, may be a good upgrade for those with facelift bumpers and old style headlights, £200 quid a piece Thumbs Up

Post #182874 5th May 2013 3:58 pm
fredastaire

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
projector headlight calibration

Ive just bought a pair of 2012 projector headlights via Ebay (non Xenon / HID) to fit my 2010 prefacelift GS. The projector bulb reflector / bullseye modules have obviously been removed from what I think is LHD euro headlights, The headlights are brand new unused, unfitted.

Separate are two projector modules clearly unused, unfitted and clearly marked UK so the dipping will be fine.
The modules fit on three studs which have compression coils springs and nyloc nuts. its designed for adjustment left / right and up / down.
So the question is how to calibrate the adjustment of the dip beam relative to the main beam and then the easy bit of adjusting the headlamp in the car......................
Has anybody else gone through the setting up procedure? AND I don't mean going to a garage beam setter where the fitter just sets them so as not to dazzle anybody and still leaving them inaccurate.
Kind regards from Fred 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
Other cars:-
1958 & 1959 Austin J40 Pedal Cars under restoration (I make many J40 parts)
If you have an Austin J40 or Pathfinder Pedal Car looking for a new home pls PM me.
2009 Meriva

Post #213108 6th Jan 2014 5:11 pm
fredastaire

Projector headlamp beam alignment

As per the last post I bought a pair of 2011 /2012 standard projector headlights from Partslandrover and they came as LHD Europe headlights with the original Euro dip modules removed yet with two new unused UK dip modules in separate packaging. Out of interest the Chrome inner is very clearly labelled for H11 and Xenon HID!!!!!
The problem is now with the lamps been internally disassembled that they have lost their original Factory settings so how do you calibrate the dip relative to the main beam, (and the whole unit relative to the car).
I first fitted the UK modules and screwed them up tight on the nuts, then backed them off a couple of turns. to follow I then fitted the 'new projector' lamps into my car and servo'd the up/down to the top position before removing.

Next I made a flat plywood support jig tailored to the clear glass so that I could repeatedly fit a headlamp, remove and refit to the same alignment.
At nightime I placed the jig on my upstairs window shelf, fitted an original headlight to the jig, powered up the main beam and set it to illuminated a neighbours chimney stack and roof ridge. Next I replaced this with the 'new projector' headlamp and then set to using the top allen key adjusters to get the main chrome plastic internals to the same alignment as my original lamp.
Back with the original headlight I powered up the dip beam and pointed this at a different neighbours gable end to obtain the image of the UK 'tick shaped' dip. this followed with exchanging for the 'new projector' and adjusting the inside nyloc nuts until I got the 'tick' correct left to right and up down.
Tonight I'm fitting the new projectors and going fo the road test.
Next I'm ordering Xenon Hid units...
Kind regards from Fred
. 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
If you have an Austin J40 or Pathfinder Pedal Car looking for a new home pls PM me.
2009 Meriva

Post #214799 25th Jan 2014 10:57 am
Aveling

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

Have you decided what xenon/hid kit to go for????

Post #214822 25th Jan 2014 1:16 pm
fredastaire

HID xenon kits

Has anybody recently fitted a Xenon HID kit to 2012 type projector headlights, I am looking at Alltronix H11 CANBUS TERMINATOR 35W HID XENON CONVERSION KIT 4300K.
Please can anybody give me any comments on this or other Xenon HID kits as best buy??
Kind regards from Fred
. 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
2009 Meriva

Post #215338 30th Jan 2014 8:58 pm
j00ppis

Finland 

Is it possible to upgrade my 2007model halogen headlights to xenon just buying newer headlight and just plug it? Same connector

Post #217673 23rd Feb 2014 8:16 am
fredastaire

May I reccomend you do a search on this forum as it is already covered. I do know that you have to visit dealer or Indy to get the program reset for the electric feed to the bulb pack as otherwise it just flickers. You also probably have to sort the up / down servo motor as the Xenons have auto levelling.
AND for anybody reading this post from the top; I've tried standard projectors and added aftermarket xenon kits; a terrible dissapointment and not safe. I'm about to try projector with Osram Nighbreaker Unlimited and then plan to do a back to back with 2007 - 2010 reflecto lamps.
Kind regards from Fred
2009 Meriva

Post #217682 23rd Feb 2014 10:16 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1