« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Auto lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Ted T

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Rimini Red
Auto lights

Can the auto lights on feature be adjusted to come on later (when darker) and turn off earlier Freelander 2 HSE I6l + fully loaded. Replaced Range Rover Vogue after 12 years

Post #14293 16th Feb 2008 7:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have asked the same question with my dealer and got nowhere Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14295 17th Feb 2008 12:12 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
emm

Emmm tis true that sometimes the auto-lights kick in a tad early, or even don't sometimes when its very dull or foggy. I just switch it to manual for a bit then. That said, it seems to work just fine most of the time. Smile  Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #14304 17th Feb 2008 7:25 pm
Ted T

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Good to know it is not just me then.
When lights come on and then stay on this imitates a VOLVO and gives a bad impression of Landy's Freelander 2 HSE I6l + fully loaded. Replaced Range Rover Vogue after 12 years

Post #14306 17th Feb 2008 8:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

you're not alone. Lots of makes now have auto lights and they're all temperamental. I've had them on my car for 3 years now and overall, I'd not be without them. They're not always right, as the auto wipers aren't but you can always override them when need be. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #14320 18th Feb 2008 10:15 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

This car is very much like microsoft windows.....It does what it wants when it wants to do it, or more to the point, the modern driver is becoming increasingly lazy Exclamation

I don't need sensors to tell me when it's getting dark, I prefer the old fashioned way.......if I want my lights on I turn them on, if I want them off then I turn them off... ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #14333 18th Feb 2008 2:36 pm
sapo

Portugal 

Hi. I live in Austria and there was a law (until last month) saying that your headlights must be always on (even in sunny days). Now that law as changed and its optional.
So my FL2 turns on the headlights every time i start the engine, even in the off position.
Is there any way to change this?

Post #16158 19th Mar 2008 5:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

it sounds like its going to either be wired in to come on full time

or my second thought is it's programed to come on

either way it would be cheaper to keep as is and safer too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #16159 19th Mar 2008 5:49 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Why would you want your headlights to switch on later and switch off earlier? Are you worried about wearing them out? My view is that the auto on lights don't come on early enough so I drive with on dipped headlights all day now that I have a car that is a dull and boring shade of difficult to see Stornoway grey. Either I'm in stealth mode without them or other folks just cannot see my car if I don't put the lights on. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #16163 19th Mar 2008 7:11 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Ted T wrote:
Good to know it is not just me then.
When lights come on and then stay on this imitates a VOLVO and gives a bad impression of Landy's

Hi Ted T & others on this thread - Volvo as you know is Swedish Wink and here in Scandinavia the law is that headlights must be turned on when the motor is running day or night Whistle . We are allowed to drive with park lights and fog lights on if the headlights are turned off Rolling Eyes , and it is not possible to turn off the lights for daylight driving unless you remove the relay that activates them Whistle

With all the European regulations it maybe wont be a long before you will have to drive with your headlights on in Britain as well Thumbs Up . 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #16164 19th Mar 2008 7:18 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

It was supposed to happen this January, but in the UK the motorcycle lobby said no it would be too dangerous for ALL vehicles to drive round with their headlights on - thats what makes them more visible! Would help also if motorcyclists also travelled at less than the speed of light............................... How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #16166 19th Mar 2008 7:35 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If you drive here during the day most of your time is spent looking at people who are telling you taht your lights are on........as if your car is not working properly!! When its foggy here they all drive with their hazzard lights on, which is real smart for telling everyone where you're going, NOT!

When driving in Europe I always drive with my lights on, for a piece of mind.

Post #16168 19th Mar 2008 7:54 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

The trouble with Auto anything, is I never seem to get the same in my farm truck so I keep driving that round with no lights on in the dark whilst waiting for the wipers to auto clean the screen. All this after nearly reversing into a tree that the non existent parking sensors didn't see Confused

The John Deere tractor I'm going to be renting this summer has an Auto gearbox though Cool also cruise control, climate control , cd stereo and a 40 kph gear for overtaking caravans Whistle

Post #16183 19th Mar 2008 8:54 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
The John Deere tractor I'm going to be renting this summer has ...... also cruise control, climate control and a cd stereo Whistle

Is this so you can set the cruise at 15mph to hold up all the caravans, hope it has 100% tints behind the B post so you cannot see what's behind you, and with the HiFi and Climate of course you won't be able to hear the traffic hooting you coz the cab doors will be closed Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #16184 19th Mar 2008 8:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

tractor with cruise control

Set speed, press cruise , get to end of field, press brake, turn, set speed again,
Set speed, press cruise , get to end of field, press brake, turn, set speed again,

dodge the pylons that are in every farmers field and off again

why o why would you need it Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #16188 19th Mar 2008 9:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>