« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Landrover LRX (Coupe)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Landrover LRX (Coupe)

Last Friday I have been invited by a consumer marketing company to give my opinion on automotive design by viewing a number of car-models which the manufacturers may or may not introducte to the market at some point of time. One of the cars lookeded like the LRX, which has been introduced latetely as a show car.
Although all brand names and markings have been taken away or hidden to ensure a neutral judgement (on design only), the white SUV looked very much like the new LRX. We have been given time to inspect the presented cars, sit, touch, smell and crawl around to be able to report to the interviewers our impression, our likes and dislikes, whether knobs feel good, surfaces are pleasant to touch, the smell is attrative and what it reminds you of etc. I have done such exercise now quite often, but the obvious change in car desing of tomorrow is astonishing.
I do hope that the LRX -if it has been the LRX we had to judge- will come in the very same design as presented. The interieur will certainly not come in the lush quality as seen as stock, as this would be too costly. But the direction it is going is prompting.

YF

Post #14371 19th Feb 2008 8:07 am
mabo

Italy 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

Always interesting reading your posts

Post #14489 21st Feb 2008 4:34 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Hi YF,

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread but I'm flying into your home city on saturday en-route to Saalbach in Austria. Any surprises I should be aware of while driving my 9 seater hire bus?? Whistle

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #14492 21st Feb 2008 5:15 pm
yamaha-fan

Hi Joe
Than welcome to Munich!
Make sure that your hired car has winter tyres fitted. Otherwise you will have massive problems in Austria.
If your hired 7-seater has a diesel engine, get the diesel in Austria - much cheaper than in Germany.
And DO NOT FORGET the Austrian "Pickerl" - the road tax sticker. Will cost you EUR 6,95 for 10 days. If the police catches you without it will cost you EUR 80 fine plus the cost of the sticker.
Traffic in and around Munich on weekends is aweful. So drive carefully. I assume that you have a mobile navi.

Have a nice holiday

YF

Post #14510 22nd Feb 2008 6:51 am
joe1978

yamaha-fan wrote:
Hi Joe
Than welcome to Munich!
Make sure that your hired car has winter tyres fitted. Otherwise you will have massive problems in Austria.
If your hired 7-seater has a diesel engine, get the diesel in Austria - much cheaper than in Germany.
And DO NOT FORGET the Austrian "Pickerl" - the road tax sticker. Will cost you EUR 6,95 for 10 days. If the police catches you without it will cost you EUR 80 fine plus the cost of the sticker.
Traffic in and around Munich on weekends is aweful. So drive carefully. I assume that you have a mobile navi.

Have a nice holiday

YF

Thans YF,

Yep winter tyres will be on, €4 per day surcharge at desk on collection, the tip for diesel is much appreciated.
BUT, I didn't know about the "pickerl" Will the car come with this? Where do I get one if it doesn't?

No European SatNav, I like to live life dangerously (but my mate is acquiring the maps for his tomtom hopefully). I've got maps and directions off MS local live.

My carriage of choice is a 9 seat Opel Vivaro diesel, nice wheels! Thumbs Up 1 more sleep to go!!

And as a feeble attempt to return to topis the LRX looks lush (geordie word for nice).

Post #14521 22nd Feb 2008 11:26 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

If your mate doesn't get the satnav map

i would advise getting a route planner from the internet, and a decent map of the area, when you arrive you should be able to pick one up

Though time is running out, there are companies that hire SATNAV out, i looked at one for portuagal and it was just £45 for two weeks Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14522 22nd Feb 2008 11:31 am
yamaha-fan

Joe, the "pickerl" may be in the hired car (with annual validity) if the rental company knows that you are going to Austria. Otherwise you can buy the "pickerl" at any petrol station or, at the latest, at the German-Austrian border.

YF

Post #14525 22nd Feb 2008 12:12 pm
joe1978

Thanks YF.
Npinks, I've got a print off and my mate's got major routes of western europe so we'll be fine. Otherwise I'll wait till nightfall and use the stars as my guide!! Cool

Post #14552 22nd Feb 2008 2:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

joe1978 wrote:
....Otherwise I'll wait till nightfall and use the stars as my guide!! Cool

joe

Is that Joe Speak for "if its dark, you won't be able to see me get lost" Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14555 22nd Feb 2008 3:00 pm
joe1978

npinks wrote:
joe1978 wrote:
....Otherwise I'll wait till nightfall and use the stars as my guide!! Cool

joe

Is that Joe Speak for "if its dark, you won't be able to see me get lost" Rolling with laughter

Rumbled!!! It's harder for the passengers to make out the same landmark for the fourth/fifth time when I'm going round in circles!!! Whistle

Post #14559 22nd Feb 2008 5:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1