Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Short wife can't reach the pedals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

Glad you got it sorted, maybe you ought to run the seats forward and back a few times (perhaps with a bit of lubrication on the rails) to free them off a little, especially if they have been static for any length of time in its previous life.

You did the right thing using her as the guinea pig Laughing and as 'Big Dave' mentioned, don't forget the wheel has fore and aft as well as up and down adjustment. Thumbs Up

Post #178608 3rd Apr 2013 1:05 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Glad your sorted
SWMBO is only 4'10" and 7st 4lb, and manages to reach the pedals easily, with movement to spare, so LR have done a decent job of allowing for a wide range of drivers.

PS don't trade in the Mrs, newer models always are more complicated, less reliable and cost more to run Very Happy Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #178697 4th Apr 2013 1:09 pm
JST

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black

No Andy, you are wrong. New models are more fun and go better! The old models have a heavy ongoing maintenance cost! Very Happy John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One
Triumph Rocket 111 (sadly gone!)

Post #178699 4th Apr 2013 1:19 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Talking about new models Wink this landed in my inbox a couple of days ago:

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi-Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is. Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005, but I've been told there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2005, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

Any advice would be helpful, many thanks. Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #178733 4th Apr 2013 4:57 pm
freedieselauto

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

Laughing Laughing Laughing - 2007(57) XS Auto, Rimini Red, Alpaca Leather.
- GCS Hawke - Sports, BRG, Vulcan 2.1 inj'. My toy - built it myself in 2001.

Post #178830 5th Apr 2013 10:56 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Evil or Very Mad I just posted that in the jokes section,,, 3 hours after you Confused At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #178841 5th Apr 2013 12:07 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Great minds think alike? Laughing Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #178848 5th Apr 2013 1:25 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

JST wrote:
No Andy, you are wrong. New models are more fun and go better! The old models have a heavy ongoing maintenance cost! Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This old model has a 10st advantage on SWMBO, my purchase of a new shotgun has her whinging about my maintenance costs!, I'm lucky like the car she has got better with age, granted more expensive, and does go on a bit, but her cooking is to die for. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #178861 5th Apr 2013 2:56 pm
bobupanddown

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

Interestingly my wife is only 5ft and had difficulty reaching the pedals when she test drove a Freelander with the electric seat but has no problem with the manual seat(which we have). The salesman insisted the two seat were the same but he would wouldn't he?

Post #178919 5th Apr 2013 8:51 pm
Hillbillypop

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Izmir Blue

Well all nice reading but there is a problem for small fat women in a fl2!
my wife is 5'1" and 20 stone due to illness not obesity (as they all want to call it.)
To me her driving position to be able to reach the pedals is unsafe
The bottom of the steering wheel rides on her stomach she has to ware platform sandals to make driving possible so in our case size does matter when certain ladies try to drive a FL2 Rolling Eyes Mini and Anglia restorer TDI don't have a F*****g Clue

Post #180596 17th Apr 2013 3:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12