« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Simon_CSK

Freelander 2 issues

Hi
Just found your site. Post on other LR forums so hope you lot are as freindly as all the others.

Bought my FL2 in October after having a previous model HSE. Had little in the way of problems with the old model but the new Freelander has been a nightmare.

I cover 20k+ miles a year however in three months and 5k miles of ownership my car has been with three times. The last recovery being on Thursday. The issues seems related to electronics at first the engine would cut out on full throttle, this was diagnosed as a fuel return valve and replaced. The last time the engine just died. This usually happens in traffic and on acceleration and my fear is it will happen with my wife or when towing our caravan. Spoke today to someone who experienced similar problems has anyone else encountered something similar?

Simon

Post #14096 9th Feb 2008 2:17 pm
Nazca Sand Eddie

United Kingdom 

If you do a search on 'cutting' there is a little bit of information for you.

It is the post marked 'engine cutting out'.

Post #14100 9th Feb 2008 6:40 pm
Simon_CSK

Nazca
Thanks for that it seems I am not alone however mine appears more prolific as it keeps occuring. First instance 3000miles then to dealer, second 3100miles Landrover assist reset software, third instance 4000miles then to dealer last occurence 5000miles HMMM.
I have been an LR driver for 12 years I know we have problems but I am not spending over £30K on a car that could kill me as stated in some of the other posts.

Post #14103 9th Feb 2008 8:05 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Sounds obvious to me that reseting or updating the software is not fixing the problem. I would enquire at the dealer for a buy-back option and have the vehicle replaced. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #14107 10th Feb 2008 3:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

start documenting everything, date & times, mileage, what is said by the dealer and the exact fix they did, (ask them exactly what software update they did, instead of been a "general update")

Give them a last try to get this problem corrected and tell them that if it happens again you will want the car replacing.

But the main thing is document "EVERYTHING" and follow up with letters, paper trail leading back to faults will help.

Hope its fix though Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14110 10th Feb 2008 6:58 pm
Simon_CSK

UKdave104 wrote:
Sounds obvious to me that reseting or updating the software is not fixing the problem. I would enquire at the dealer for a buy-back option and have the vehicle replaced.

Basically rejected the car yesterday (Monday) caused a stir however the supplying dealer had no idea of the problems and wished to see the car before they would comment. I spoke with my local dealer who are carrying out repairs tonight when they stated the car was fixed. The only fault they can find is low fuel.
When the car stopped the first thing I checked was the fuel leel and the range on the computer, the range was 22 miles and the needle was above red. Also before the engine failed the DRC warning light came on why would that happen?

The dealer fixing the car also pointed out that the last time the car was in for repair there was low fuel however the principle cause of the failure the last time was a burning wire smell in the cab.

I think there is a gremlin in the software.

Post #14159 12th Feb 2008 10:44 pm
jcsmit

South Africa 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

welcome to the club of struggling LR2 owner, see my posting on LR2 reliability.

The biggest problem is that Land Rover does not seem to have a clue as to what is causing the problems; but somewhere there must be a major software problem.

Post #16622 27th Mar 2008 3:11 am
Simon_CSK

jcsmit wrote:
welcome to the club of struggling LR2 owner, see my posting on LR2 reliability.

The biggest problem is that Land Rover does not seem to have a clue as to what is causing the problems; but somewhere there must be a major software problem.

Landrover finally the misfiring sorted at 5000 miles

At 6000 miles they fixed my integrated telephone

and at 7000 miles they fixed the electric seats which cocked up after MRS CSK who it 5ft 4 went to church and could not reset the seats for me at 6ft 2. I could only just get in and Landrover Assist asked me to wait until the next morning so they could send out a technicial. I think not!

Well we are nearly at 8000 miles so what can possibly go wrong next? Big Cry

Post #17206 6th Apr 2008 10:26 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1