« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Windows Mobile 6 - How to
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Simon99

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Windows Mobile 6 - How to

I have been trying to get a windows mobile 6 device (Palm Treo 500V) working with my Freelander car connection. Managed to get it working and as I didn't find much help or info on the internet and it looks like a few other people are struggling with it so here's how I did it. Main cause of the problem seems to be the removal of dial up networking and the associated com ports from what I can gather.

What I did after much trial and error was to connect my phone to a bluetooth gps which created the missing com port (I think). Once that was done abandon the gps but leave the device on the list. I then downloaded the jetware sync software and installed it and the phone connected and synced with the Freelander with no problems. It might be using the com port, must be something like that because it didn't work before despite hours of trial and cursing. Haven't had any software updates from Land Rover or anything like that. My car is 3 months old so should have a fairly recent version on it anyway.

Cheers,

Simon

Post #13800 2nd Feb 2008 1:16 pm
Sasha

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I have successfully got a Motorola Q9 to work with the car kit. This is running WM6.

Post #14382 19th Feb 2008 2:07 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I too have connected the treo 500 to the fl2 Thumbs Up shame really as it would have sold for a good few £'s on ebay Confused . Following Simons advice I connected to another bluetooth item first (my PC) then tried in the fl2. Things went badly initially, the cars screen first said it was permanently dialing (dialing who nobody knows?), then got stuck permanently syncing the phone book Confused So I decided to give up, then I switched ignition back on for one last try and bingo its all working Thumbs Up

So basically I used the old farmers technique of randomly pressing buttons and swearing until it worked.

Next to sync the treo to my pc's email etc could be more tricky??? oh and get O2 to activate internet use on my sim I cant email,send pics or anything despite asking them why not many times Rolling Eyes At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #34779 15th Jan 2009 7:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1