Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > My New Toy!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Tandemman wrote:
What's the MTPLM for that , it's a lovely van, thinking of getting another one, we sold the last one 18 months ago and at times we miss it.

It's 1575kg's MTPLM

pab wrote:
Mav71 wrote:
If someone is stupid enough to walk in to it then it's their fault! There is too much of this "I will sue" Censored in this country.

You may say that, but it won't stop you getting sued! Or, potentially, someone getting hurt.

But up to you - I don't care either way!

It's on my driveway, doesn't stick out so if any one walks it to it, then they are on my drive. So there is nothing for you to not care about. Thumbs Up

JustChillin wrote:
Thumbs Up Wow MAV, absolutly stunning is it new? It looks like it.

New toys are great are`nt they? Or do we just like the chase and all the research? Laughing

So when is the "Van warming Party" then? Laughing looks like enough room in there to have a few beers Rolling with laughter

Looks like you guys are going to have some nice holidays this year. It looks a really big van now i know why you need the extra torque of the "Bluefin" Thumbs Up Hope you like the clip of us leaving for our holiday to the "West Country" last year.

Mind you it took us bloody ages to get there Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

It is a nice spanking new one! Our first two caravans were also new, but the previous model year so we could get a deal. But this time I wanted the latest layout on a brand new van.

We have a few good holidays planned, off to France again like most years. Looking forward to it. Very Happy

npinks wrote:
very similar layout I think to my Challenger Sport 636, end beds, bathroom opposite, side dinette, though mine been a twin axle i have a little bit more worktop at the kitchen side

Looks very nice though and i'm sure you'll enjoy many years in it Thumbs Up

So, on to what your good at

What mods are you going to do, pimped wheels, spoiler, surround sound speaker system with projection TV in the awning Laughing

19's won't fit Nick Crying or Very sad But I will be re-doing the entertainment system in it. I am going to fit a flat screen TV/DVD combo in the bedroom compartment for little one. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #170041 1st Feb 2013 5:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

if you use satellite TV, like i do, I wired the cables into the caravan via the battery box, replaced the single cable with twin and the SKY+HD box is hidden away with just a HDMI lead coming out and a SKY Magic Eye receiver, all the connectors are push on ones, so theres no unscrewing, if your putting a flat screen in then you could use the RF out for the magic eye too, to run the sky to the other little ones TV, I just take the kids HD box with us and plug it in as we go away, the HDMI lead is also long enough to run the TV in to the awning if i want to watch it out there in the summer Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #170051 1st Feb 2013 5:51 pm
lespes

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Like the bunk bed set up at the rear. Great for the kids

Post #170058 1st Feb 2013 6:19 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Really?! Satellite tv in the caravan?! You on holiday to get away and chill out, not to watch coronation street in hd!

Post #170059 1st Feb 2013 6:24 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Just read this and couldn't help but post it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...z2JfZOIDsk

Rolling with laughter Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #170062 1st Feb 2013 6:38 pm
Mav71

npinks wrote:
if you use satellite TV, like i do, I wired the cables into the caravan via the battery box, replaced the single cable with twin and the SKY+HD box is hidden away with just a HDMI lead coming out and a SKY Magic Eye receiver, all the connectors are push on ones, so theres no unscrewing, if your putting a flat screen in then you could use the RF out for the magic eye too, to run the sky to the other little ones TV, I just take the kids HD box with us and plug it in as we go away, the HDMI lead is also long enough to run the TV in to the awning if i want to watch it out there in the summer

It's all hard wired for Satellite from the battery box to the front of the caravan and also the TV table. All hard wired for DVD too.

But to be honest, I have never done the satellite TV thing in the caravan. So it will probably never get used!

landy19840 wrote:
Really?! Satellite tv in the caravan?! You on holiday to get away and chill out, not to watch coronation street in hd!

I don't take my satellite TV, as you say your on holiday. I'll take the TV with DVD, but thats it.

Badger1970 wrote:
Just read this and couldn't help but post it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...z2JfZOIDsk

Rolling with laughter

FPMSL, thats just wrong!! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #170067 1st Feb 2013 6:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It's the kids channels in HD, then my movies with a g&t in the evening Thumbs Up

Plus DVD in the TV , plus the ones in the car and the iPad

Better than sat looking out the caravan windows at blackness Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #170068 1st Feb 2013 6:59 pm
chalkey

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Your new caravn looks great, It would better on my car Thumbs Up I like the grey colour on the caravan matches your car.
wish it was mine Big Cry 2013 hse auto, black, almond leather, exnon lights, factory privacy glass, exhaust finisher, rear boot spoiler, mud flaps. Body door side moulding and steps.

Gone and fondly remembered
2012 XS (2013 up-grade LED lights front & rear)
2007 hse (2011 facelift)

Post #170081 1st Feb 2013 8:16 pm
chrisr1806

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

Post #170086 1st Feb 2013 8:46 pm
Mav71

npinks wrote:
It's the kids channels in HD, then my movies with a g&t in the evening Thumbs Up

Plus DVD in the TV , plus the ones in the car and the iPad

Better than sat looking out the caravan windows at blackness

I do see the appeal Nick, maybe that's why my Mrs looks at me gone out for taking about 4000 DVD's lol Very Happy Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #170092 1st Feb 2013 9:40 pm
Mav71

Another expensive day at the caravan show at the NEC yesterday!

Bought a new porch awning, and new full awning and a motor mover for the van which is being fitted on 11th March!

You forget how much stuff you need to replace when you get a bigger van! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #172408 20th Feb 2013 5:05 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i went down the porch awning and full awning route, then realised i never had enough room in a porch awning, and combine the fact that a full awning didn't take much longer to put up, bar the extra pegging out

Just be carefull about the porch awning, My old Bradcott one had buffers, that rested up against the caravan side, fine, but in the wind the movement cause some swirls/marring on the paintwork

Which mover did you go for, I opted for Powrtouch Evolution twin axle Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #172412 20th Feb 2013 5:18 pm
Mav71

Unnecessary quote removed

There is a small company in Coventry that make the Rhino mover, I had the heavy duty version which can move up to 2200kg's as this one comes with a life time warranty, even of I put it on another van.

Was 」725 fitted, but he did me a deal at 」675 fitted! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #172415 20th Feb 2013 5:38 pm
ad210358

England 

The beauty of going away with the two of us, Fiamma Caravanstore, rolls out as a canopy in minutes, full awning a few more minutes, can put away wet, used as a Canopy we can start draining down and putting away and be gone in twenty minutes Thumbs Up

Post #172416 20th Feb 2013 5:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I was thinking of getting a Isabella Eclipes for my Awning, use it as a canopy from the caravan rail or clip it on the front of the awning , but that would make the awning stick out 5m and most likely in to the next persons pitch Laughing

So I decided against it, that and the amount of room we have in the full sized awning anyway, with the doors off is just as good Neutral

Caravan stores are a good product those Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #172468 20th Feb 2013 10:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>