« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 V snow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
FL2 V snow

Just thought I would extend my praises for the impeccable service my trusty FL2 has given me during the last 4 days. Whilst others have struggled or got stuck I have continued with my daily chores without any issues whatsoever and it is all thanks to the more than capable FL2! Bow down Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #168554 22nd Jan 2013 10:30 am
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

For the first time ever i have had a car stuck on the drive, never happened before no matter what make of car but this year my freelander two was out of action.

Wasn't the freelanders fault, it was down to the muppet that left a volkswagon golf abandoned across the top of the drive without even the grace to knock on the door. From 6pm till 2pm the following day.

Post #168646 22nd Jan 2013 8:38 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #168676 22nd Jan 2013 10:34 pm
jon_a5

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Santorini Black

Very inconsiderate, have seen some terrible driving over the last few days, a BMW overtook slow moving traffic (40mph) in heavy snow on the motorway, he was doing fine until he tried to pull in again, spun around luckely everyone stopped and had to wait while he sorted out his mess...

@Biscay Lucky you didn't have access to a fork lift...
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic14439.html Freelander 2, 2014 Dynamic SD4 Santorini Black

Post #168694 22nd Jan 2013 11:29 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Well, I encountered a BMW 3 series this morning trying to get off a driveway. The front end was in the road partly blocking it and the back end just sat there wheels spinning. I pulled over, lowered the window and asked him if he would like some help. I explained that I had a tow rope in the boot but he said no thanks (genuine gratitude for the offer) and that they would soon have it going. The problem was that even if he succeeded in getting off the drive, he had to make it up an incline to get off the estate!

Oh well, can only offer! Perhaps a blessing in disguise because the clutch and DMF might have gone off like Krakatoa Laughing

**Before anyone queries it, I offered help due to partial blocking of road that inconvenienced other motorists and the response group I work with covers liability on the groups insurance should anything go wrong during the towing attempt** LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #168701 23rd Jan 2013 12:48 am
Kal-El

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

At least you are covered Doc, wouldn't put it past them to sue if something went wrong, even though you stopped to help. I believe it was CG who helped someone and they threatened to sue but CG said he would sue them for damaging his hedge Rolling with laughter

Tell you what guys, last night driving through our estate I spotted 2 lads in a modded Fiat Punto trying their best to accelerate quickly to the top of a steep slope to where a couple of takeaways are situated instead of parking at the bottom and walking up. I couldn't resist pulling up just over to one side, waiting for them to slide back down again. I then smugly ploughed up the hill with no fuss, turned around and went back down with HDC. The two chimps just sat there trying to compute what they just witnessed Rolling with laughter 60 plate SD4 XS, Stornoway Grey, Arm rest pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly--gT1RJdk

Post #168703 23rd Jan 2013 12:58 am
DrRpb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Kal-El wrote:
The two chimps just sat there trying to compute what they just witnessed Rolling with laughter

Brilliant! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter * GONE. GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* GONE.2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Rocket ship. 33mpg.
* Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975 Smile

Post #168711 23rd Jan 2013 8:48 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Did you not pick up their takeaway?

Mine you you could have damaged your car, spilt curry or oil seeped through the pizza box base on to the seat, better not as they could say it was cold when you give it too them Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #168712 23rd Jan 2013 8:55 am
bish789

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #168713 23rd Jan 2013 9:14 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1