Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > The Dashcam Files (All Dashcam videos here)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 38 <123 ... 202122 ... 363738>
Print this entire topic · 
taztastic

England 

Corsa driver in the wrong, despite the incorrect use by the Fiat driver.

Post #268393 30th Jun 2015 10:12 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

That will do Taz, I can accept the Corsa driver pulling out being wrong, no problem. My real bugbear was the lack of courtesy/awareness by the Fiat.

Seriously now, before this descends into the typical calling members every name under the sun and throwing personal insults, I think any of us would have shown more courtesy/awareness and would have moved over sooner than that.

If the Fiat had done just that, the Corsa might not have taken a chance. Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #268396 30th Jun 2015 10:18 pm
Dartman the one

England 

If I was taking the roundabout at speed I would take the Fiats line, I was once hit by a car coming onto a roundabout, I was signalling, his excuse was the sun was in his eyes and couldn't see, I suggested that perhaps if he couldn't see, then not moving was the better choice. We do seem to have a lawyers definition, stand by your rights, never admit you are wrong Laughing Laughing my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #268397 30th Jun 2015 10:23 pm
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

Just out of curiousity doc , do you know the driver of the corsa? Maybe the fiat driver didn't know the roundabout Whistle Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #268398 30th Jun 2015 10:26 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

The Doctor wrote:
before this descends into...throwing personal insults

Too late it seems as usual Rolling Eyes The Corsa issue was over before it had begun. Truth be told, I know it is wrong to pull out on the assumption in this case that the car will continue around but my issue with the Fiat offered up mitigating circumstances for the Corsa.

I would not have pounced like the Corsa did but the key issue for me is that if the Fiat indicated and moved over sooner which any reasonable driver should do in my opinion, it is entirely possible (and somewhat likely given the assumption made by the Corsa), that the Corsa would not have pulled out. As my driving instructor always said "Drive for yourself and everyone else."

There was some arguing/discussion, some pictures and a helpful input and conclusion from Taz which I think wraps things up nicely and frankly a good debate is a good thing in itself. It is unfortunate though that some members can't leave it and drag it on with some insults thrown in and I believe quite a few members have either left altogether or had some notable absence due to the school playground tactics deployed.

Forum banter is a good thing but there is a time and a place for it and as a seasoned member on here, I can tell you that this isn't it. I've made such errors myself and its time to learn from that and move on. The discussion is over now and these petty insults don't bring any real benefit to anyone. Instead, they serve only to lower the tone of the forum and highlight some of the conduct which has led to the aforementioned absences.

Pitiful really LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #268407 30th Jun 2015 11:01 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

To answer you Deuteronomiser and also to add that you were not being referred to in my above post, lane 1 goes around and off to the A38 or you can carry on towards Ambergate.

The Corsa followed the lorry but I am not sure if he went down the A38 or not. He was certainly too quick off the mark.

Just focussing solely on the lorry and removing the Corsa from the equation altogether, I believe that if the Fiat had indicated and moved over sooner as per the photographs, the lorry would not have presented such an obstacle. The Fiat would then be where that silver Saab was at the beginning of the video and due to taking a wider line than sticking to the insider of the roundabout, would also have arrived at the turn off a fraction later than it did in the video.

Thanks for your input Very Happy LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #268408 30th Jun 2015 11:12 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Some stress on the roads around here today after the M1 was closed in both directions following a fire on a lorry that was carrying explosives Shocked

All roads such as the A38 have gone into meltdown! Apparently, it will remain closed during the night for re-surfacing which is unsurprising if you look at this tweet: https://twitter.com/highwaysemids/status/616226953184608256 LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #268477 1st Jul 2015 5:39 pm
LOLER

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red
A suicidal motorcyclist

[url [/url]

Chris MY 2014 SD4 HSE

FIRENZE RED AUTOMATIC

Post #269128 9th Jul 2015 9:20 pm
AW14

United Kingdom 

tooo close. another reason why I also have a dash cam

Post #269130 9th Jul 2015 9:37 pm
V40TC

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

Post #272130 8th Aug 2015 4:45 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Idiots who jump red lights really get my back up. I've just found these videos on YouTube and the woman admitted the crash for cash scam in the 2nd video.

LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #272132 8th Aug 2015 5:30 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Ahhhh the Religion of Peace, sorry FRAUD at work again (and getting away with a suspended because the judge didn't want to appear "WAYYYYYYYYYTHITHHHHHHHHHT"!!

Has anyone noticed that whenever there is a highlighted case of benefit fraud/internal banking fraud/credit card fraud/insurance fraud/housing benefit fraud/ pretty much ANY type of fraud, it's the same old section of the self-styled. 'Kerr-mooooonitttiyyyy' that commit it and get away with it 9/10? Can't be seen to be jailing them M'lud.....they come from broken homes/war torn countries/disadvantaged and/or disadvantaged/disaffected/disenfranchised Question backgrounds yaddah yaddah yaddah...
Banging Head
Wake up and smell the coffee!! Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Last edited by Badger1970 on 12th Aug 2015 7:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #272139 8th Aug 2015 6:40 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

&feature=youtu.be LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #272532 12th Aug 2015 6:27 pm
Forty_two

England 

Doctor, I like your videos, they always invite a passionate response from others on the forum, so I am going to get in first before the mud slinging starts!

Guy who walked into the road. Yup, idiot plain and simple.

Corsa Chav? While that is a derogatory statement but we will overlook that, the overtake is fine. Broken lines around the hatching and plenty of space and pace to make the manoeuvre.

Post #272545 12th Aug 2015 10:40 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Must be a misunderstanding on my part and that of my fellow locals then. I thought that you could not overtake on those kind of markings. Though there is a turn in to a BP station just a little further up so perhaps not the best of places at a busy time of day Thumbs Up

P.S, this is good news as I have sat behind slower drivers before on that hill thinking I would be wrong to overtake. Now I know otherwise Very Happy LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #272547 12th Aug 2015 10:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 21 of 38 <123 ... 202122 ... 363738>