Home > General > Hello from new member
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
Hello from new member

Hello all

Thought I'd say hello having bought my Freelander 2 just before Christmas. It replaced our much-loved Freelander 1 TD4. Have to say that I am totally over-the-moon with the Freelander 2: spec, engine and comfort all brilliant. I bought a pre-registered HSE i6; was not really after an i6 but the dealer discount was so good at 26% that it proved impossible to ignore.

The car had been in their showroom for some time and also I don't think is a typical UK i6 HSE but possibly a LR special for the dealer and possibly has some LHD spec too. I was wondering if anyone can advise me on a few things please?

The emergency key entry is on the near-side door and the one-shot-up window function only works on the passenger side. How does this compare to others' vehicles please?

I am considering installing a Pure Highway DAB radio and wiring this to the auxillary-in socket. Has anyone any experience of using this in the Freelander 2 please? I was considering wiring the aerial to the rear roof window but wondered whether it would be possible to wire it to the aerial wires which I believe are in the rear quarterlight. Any thoughts please?

As good as the sat-nav system is I miss the GPS speedo of the TomTom I previously used. The Road Pilot micro seems suitably small and would give me a GPS speedo, etc: has anyone any experience of using such with the heated front screen?

Thanks

DT

Post #12670 6th Jan 2008 1:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the form, pleased your pleased with the new FL2

My emergency key is also on the near side door, this is normal on UK spec FL2

The auto windows can be fixed by keeping the button pressed for a few second safter it has full closed/opened? (procedure is in the manual)

Not had any experience with the DAB radio you mentioned, but you might be able to link into the existing aerial as a possibilty as you have said, there are two aerial on the rear quarter lights, one of them is a TV aerial i have been told.

I miss the GPS speedo too, that my old Satnav gave me, I have been looking at a little speed camera detector and have just read a review on the New PogoAlert which has a laser detector built into it as well (which can be removed if the country your visiting does not allow them) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12673 6th Jan 2008 1:25 pm
Steves' fl2

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi DT,

I use a Talex Gps speed tracker and camera locater.

Its very successfull and certainly keeps me legal Whistle

I have fitted it to the rhs of the dash in the gap where the heating element ends.

No probs works a treat

Steve Thumbs Up Remenber, Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, love truely, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.

Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 HSE (Auto)
Gorgeous Stornoway with Ebony &
Side Steps

Post #12682 6th Jan 2008 2:04 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Steves' fl2 wrote:
Hi DT,

I use a Talex Gps speed tracker and camera locater.

Its very successfull and certainly keeps me legal Whistle

I have fitted it to the rhs of the dash in the gap where the heating element ends.

No probs works a treat

Steve Thumbs Up

Hi
I have used a Talex for 2 years, the good news the updates are now free for life(were about £30 for 2years)
They fit snug on the dash, dont forget to remove when leaving your car! David

Post #12685 6th Jan 2008 3:22 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Just move to N.Yorks We dont have speed cameras!!! they are far too vulgar.

The trouble is when I do wander out of gods own county I forget that you lot all have the damn things

Post #12687 6th Jan 2008 4:15 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Chicken george
Yes I could move to N/Yorkshire, Filey Scarborough or Whitby, many happy breaks
My brother got his first speeding fine in N/yorkshire!!!
I bought my Freelander2 in January last year, the first one I saw after buying mine was parked on filey front, same model, same colour.
You live in a nice part of the country, nearly as good as the Peak District in Derbyshire
Happy New Year David

Post #12693 6th Jan 2008 6:05 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Thats the catch,due to less fixed cameras we have more of the mobile guns! I agree the peak district is nearly as good as N.Yorks Whistle
I shall be discovering more of our own country now that we have a baby on the way and euro trips will be more tricky. The peak district is high on my list of places to visit. I know it quite well from when my sister used to live there years ago.

A couple of months ago we had a weekend in Northumbria and caught some excellent autumn weather. The huge beaches up there are breathtaking and our little dog loved it too (once it learnt not to drink the seawater then try and wash the salt from its mouth by drinking from a rockpool)

Post #12694 6th Jan 2008 6:32 pm
Brendon

Hi DT

How are you find the i6 petrol? I took a new TD4 for a test drive on Sat but its hard to ignore the used i6 HSE models the dealer has for sale. They are significantly less than the the used T4 HSE's (if you can find them). I realise fuel consumption is going to be more than the diesel.

Post #12698 6th Jan 2008 7:49 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Thanks for all your replies and welcomes. I'll have a look at the other speed devices.

The i6 feels very powerful after almost 6 years in the TD4. It is great to drive, and am finding I'm getting about 18 mpg with very careful round-town driving. Managed almost 26 mpg on a Manchester to Kent rerturn trip. Every now and then the Dealers seem to have a circa 3 month/under 100 miles HSE i6 for sale for less than even a new HSE TD4 or i6. This was the case for mine and I spotted another a few days after I had bought mine. Worth keeoing an eye on the used vehicles section of the LR site and Autotrader.

Cheers

DT

Post #12699 6th Jan 2008 8:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1