Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Rear Screen Connectivity Kit, LR004198, US version, SD card?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nvkjsf

Czech Republic 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red
Rear Screen Connectivity Kit, LR004198, US version, SD card?

Hi,

I have bought the Rear Screen Connectivity Kit, LR004198, US version with card reader built in. Can someone advise what max memory SD card capacity can this system handle? also can I use the SDHC card? can read/play movies in .avi format?

Thanks in advance!

Post #158635 25th Oct 2012 9:37 am
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

I have the version of the "Rear Entertainment" System with the card reader. The max for SD Card size is 2 GB. It does not like SDHC SD cards but that is common for most SD card readers(devices) more than 4-5 years old. It also reads Sony Memory sticks and other flash media formats (See manual), but I haven't tested a limit for all of those. I do have a 4 GB memory stick I can try it with.

The good news is that it also reads most popular file formats including MP4 format, so you can squeeze a lot on a 2 GB SD card. I've played Full HD content on it, no problem. It will play most .avi files (depends), but you can easily covert the file to another format/change audio video encoding. If you load a flash card with all music or all video it will auto play "on power on" (if configured in setup). If the flash card contains mixed formats (music/pictures, and videos) then you will get the "Land Rover" splash screen with options. When you stop for gas etc. press the "start/stop" button within 5 sec of turning of the vehicle (with the key fob still inserted) and the media player will not shut down (so you don't interrupt the kid's movie), until you restart.

Post #158723 25th Oct 2012 7:44 pm
nvkjsf

Czech Republic 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Hi jutrem,

thanks a lot for your reply. Can you also please try the Sony Memory 4 GB memory stick you have as I need to decide what card to buy and of course bigger capacity is better.

Thanks again!

Post #158752 26th Oct 2012 7:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1