Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > How long was your test drive ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ptbalfour

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
How long was your test drive ?

My test drive was about 1/2 hour then back to the dealers for the hard sell. Bit rubbish really considering im planning on spending around 26 grand. What was you experience like ?

Post #12320 29th Dec 2007 11:46 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: How long was your test drive ?

ptbalfour wrote:
My test drive was about 1/2 hour then back to the dealers for the hard sell. Bit rubbish really considering im planning on spending around 26 grand. What was you experience like ?

Take as long as you like and is there any other model you would like? No hard sell, just questions to find the most suitable (which i already knew which model was) let me think about it........ phone call, deposit = easy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12323 30th Dec 2007 12:25 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
on own

I was sort of high-jacked when picking up my Disco from a regular service. The dealership had just taken delivery of their first FL2 TD4 HSE auto, and the service guy thought I may like a go. I was delighted of course, though a bit less so, when the young sales guy popped up out of nowhere to accompany me. Shocked

I was so intent on enjoying myself in the FL2, I found the words to thank them profusely, take the FL2 AND decline the passenger! I was out for about 90 mins; great fun! Cool Thumbs Up

In all I had 3 FL2 test drives at two dealerships. Razz
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #12326 30th Dec 2007 1:27 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

My test drive was extremely short and illegal, due to not having a UAE license at the time of the test drive....even so I checked out the things I wanted like cabin noise, acceleration, braking and handling.

I guess I didn't need that long to drive anyway as I'd read every review and forum so knew I'd love it anyway. Thumbs Up

Post #12334 30th Dec 2007 11:22 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

PT, you need to go to another dealer and explain to them what has happened. If dealer 1 isn't prepared to let you have the car for more than 30 minutes then they don't need your business.................... there are lots of dealers out there and they are hungry for business. Have you tried contacting James at Charles Hurst, the site sponsor? How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 30th Dec 2007 5:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #12336 30th Dec 2007 12:14 pm
geoff239

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

i had full days test drive from Farnells in Guiseley nr Leeds.Mine was on a saturday 9.30 till 4.00

Post #12354 30th Dec 2007 2:53 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I had two 1 hour test drives and a 1/2 day LR experience off road course before I ordered the car. No hard sell at all.

waaxh03

Post #12359 30th Dec 2007 3:55 pm
BeebOm

Belgium 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Rimini Red

I got the car for 3 hours (only because someone else needed it).
But I was back to buy before the 3 hours were over.

Post #12428 31st Dec 2007 10:19 pm
fletch5535

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Had a whole day with an orange one as a courtesy car when my Disco was in for a service, but only had chance to use it from dealer to work and back. When I found the one I wanted to buy, had about 40 mins around the Perthshire country side - winding country roads outbound, fast inbound on the A9.

Two weeks on and I'm now the happy owner of it - Stornoway grey, HSE with all the toys - love it. Mr. Green

Post #12504 2nd Jan 2008 4:29 pm
Roverdude

2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I was the very first customer to test drive one at my dealership. Was driving by, saw them unloading them, popped in, and the general manager gave me the keys before I even said anything. Did a quick 1/2 hr drive that day just to check it out. Test drove it again twice before actually buying. Both times, my dealer gave me the keys and I was out prolly about 45' to an hr each time. brought it home, checked garage fit, played w/ gadgets, etc. etc. Very Happy

Post #12507 2nd Jan 2008 4:56 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My test drive as a quick ten minute spin round Ripon ring road, The dealer did say I could take one for a day, maybe a petrol all morning and the diesel in afternoon. But the demos were HSE I wanted an XS so we just poked around in the XS parked in the showroom for a while and decided we liked it. To me a drive is a drive once id tested its acceleration and handling I was happy.
However I did stall it right outside the showroom, nearly crashed into a jag while not paying attention at the first roundabout I came too, then broke the keyfob in two by pulling at it to remove it from the dash!! (it clicked back together) So its a good job I didn't take it for longer!
Mrs George spent more time investigating the new shoe and clothes transport space behind the rear seats than I did driving it.
The price haggling however took a bit longer than this Razz

Post #12511 2nd Jan 2008 7:12 pm
Dave Wilkin

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I had a hour and a half test drive. This was basically to determine whether to go for the diesel or petrol. The dealer would have loved me to order an off the shelf model, but I was warned off of this. So I kept specifying until I heard the magic words that I would have to wait for a production line model Cool

I am trying to get myself on a half day or day rover experience. Still waiting for the dealer though Crying or Very sad GS TD4 All Black

Post #12551 3rd Jan 2008 7:24 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Whats wrong with an off the shelf one as long as you like the spec?

Post #12552 3rd Jan 2008 7:43 pm
Dave Wilkin

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I wanted to make sure I had a Land Rover that was as up to date as possible, specifically the software install; and not one that had been manaufactured several months before hand. GS TD4 All Black

Post #12568 4th Jan 2008 1:22 am
builder

England 

Dave Wilkin wrote:
I wanted to make sure I had a Land Rover that was as up to date as possible, specifically the software install; and not one that had been manaufactured several months before hand.

And because you are prepared to wait you will be able to include the DAB radio if you wish, which is something that no off the shelf car will have as it is not available untill 18th of Jan. Thumbs Up

Post #12594 4th Jan 2008 6:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>