« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > SUNROOF RECALL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
SUNROOF RECALL

Just heard that my Dec 07 SE has to go in for a recall to have some mods done to the sunroof.The dealer did not seem to know why it was being done!Mentioned something about some runners or blocks being fitted.Anyone have a similar problem? Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #14049 7th Feb 2008 7:38 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

One of my muckers mentioned tonight that his was going back to the software upgrade centre due to s/roof recall. Dealer had been rather vague also. Wonder if mine is included, might ring tomorrow though was hoping to get to 1st service without a visit to land of free coffee. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #14052 7th Feb 2008 9:27 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I had some warranty work on the drainage of the sunroof months ago, maybe this is something new Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14054 7th Feb 2008 10:05 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1324.html...oof+drains

Is it related?

I have a Nov 07 GS and was told it had no service actions flagged on the chassis number whe nit went for service a month ago.

It may be some new prob. they have found...

S. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #14058 7th Feb 2008 10:31 pm
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
SUNROOF

It seems that it is a recall to fit a clip.Has anyone else with a sunroof, been asked to take their vehicle in for this mod?Land Rover quote about 30 minutes for the job but a dealer I spoke to said it took half a day,and they had to remove the sunroof! Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #14076 8th Feb 2008 3:26 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

when they did the re routing of the drainage recall on my sunroof, they said i would have to bring it back in as they did not have to "clips" in stock

So it might be the same, they had to remove the whole headlining on mine apprentley, since then i had a high pitched rattle.

But that went once I located the headlining clips that they had not clipped back in fully. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14078 8th Feb 2008 4:04 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Took my Jun 07 SE in for sunroof recall. Garage said it would take 18 minutes, day later I got the car back with a non-operative sunroof and many apologies from the garage. They have now ordered new guide rails to replace the ones they damaged doing the mod and will call me to take the car back in and do the recall and fix the roof at my convenience.

Garage worried as the next day they had another FL2 booked in for the sunroof mod and were hoping they might get it right second time round.

Also had the service indicator suddenly show 30 days to a service when it's not due until Jun and I've only done 7500 miles. New one for garage who suggested I ignored it until service is due or it might mess up everything else.

And it was all going so well until then!!!!!!

Post #14712 25th Feb 2008 10:49 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

contacted LR and my local garage on the 7th Feb,

Checked it out and mine needed doing

booked car in for today, took it down with a HDC fault aswell

As i was walking to service desk, I heard a mechanic say to the service chap, LR only sent one of the sunroof kits in and we haven't anymore (or something to that nature)

So I am the first to book my car in (pre recall notice, which i still haven't got) and it sounds like the kit went elsewhere

Car in all day, no sunroof fix and not HDC fault found (i thought faults were logged) Shocked

Apparently LR can't supply all the fixing kits that they require, so I waiting again

Does the recall notice state not to use the sunroof or any other precautionary measure?
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14718 25th Feb 2008 11:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

rchrdleigh wrote:

Also had the service indicator suddenly show 30 days to a service when it's not due until Jun and I've only done 7500 miles. New one for garage who suggested I ignored it until service is due or it might mess up everything else.

And it was all going so well until then!!!!!!

I wouldn't stand for that, tell them to find out why Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14719 25th Feb 2008 11:16 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Mine is jul 07 had a service recall last week for sunroof I called them and they said not to bring it in as they done one on fri and they broke the sunroof and were waiting to hear from land rover technical so they had someones fl2 in the workshop with a broken sunroof and could not give it back as it was not secure just waiting to hear from them 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #14721 25th Feb 2008 11:16 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The written recall-notice here in Germany clearly warns NOT to use the sunroof until repair/fixing is done!
Ordering of the safety clips is due to the dealers, so if they do not have any, they have not ordered a sufficient number. Shortage of clips is not the case in Germany.
Repair time of the sunroof is a little short with 30 mins, but 1 hour is sufficient, and my LR repair shop has done it in just that time. My mechanic tells me that the repair and fixing of the two clips is not difficult if you (the mechanic) have read and understood the fitting instructions. Breaking the sunroof while fitting the clips is
pure stupidity (unquote).

YF

Post #14728 26th Feb 2008 6:51 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

YF, it may be that the recall hasn't been released in the UK officially and so LR UK are still making adequate stock available for the recall....I say this as there doesn't seem to be anything detailed on any of the websites that list recalls in the UK.

Post #14731 26th Feb 2008 7:31 am
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Gambba, that makes me wonder how serious Landrover takes this issue. I assume that there are much more Freelander 2 on the road in the UK than in Germany. But Landrover has been forced to announce a recall by the German Safety Supervising Agency. I do not know if such a similar safety board does exist in the UK or not. If not I assume that announcing any recall is up to Landrover, and they may have their reasons to keep this issue at low level. Whether or not this decision is wise we will see.
The German authorities are known to be over-careful to avoid any possible injuries/accidents prior to any incident. But fact is that on the German autobahn with no speed limit a few sun-roofs have said "by-by" to their host, the Freely 2, causing only mechanical damage, no injuries of persons.
So I think that the re-call action has been wise and in time.

YF

Post #14735 26th Feb 2008 8:40 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

There are bodies in teh UK for vehicle safety and recalls, and you amy have hit on a couple of items there, the first being how strict Germany can be on items that they decide are safety related. I have had expierience with this in the construction machinery and lift truck industry.

The other maybe the quantity of FL2's in the UK compared to Germany which I am guessing is significantly higher, and so it is easier to fulfil the rework requirements for Germany compared to the UK.

It could also be none of the above reasons and something completely different.......like they delibrately shipped only the defective units to Germany Laughing

Post #14737 26th Feb 2008 8:55 am
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Or they are keeping their fingers crossed hoping that no-one in their right mind opens a sunroof in the UK in February Laughing Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #14747 26th Feb 2008 11:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>