« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > I just had an accident
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
efthys

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
I just had an accident

I just had a small accident. I hope it fully reparable. Does anyone had a simiral accident (see pics) ??? Anyone knows if it can be fix with out a trace ?? The first one !!!

Last edited by efthys on 8th Jan 2008 11:07 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #12209 27th Dec 2007 10:09 pm
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Don't worry efthys, it doesn't look that bad. I only hope you are insured !

Post #12210 27th Dec 2007 10:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Oh dear - did a post suddenly jump up behind you and the PDC didn't warn you in time? Mr. Green
Take it along to a body shop and get some quotes and then take it to you local Landy dealer, but make sure that you are sitting down when LR give you the quote. I don't know how easy Tambora is to colour match though How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12213 27th Dec 2007 10:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Don't worry, I have seen and had a lot worse.

From your photos your looking like a new bumper, and rear light cluster, i couldn't make out any damage to the rear wing or the boot door

Think Tim hit the nail on the head, try local bodyshops and try the dealer for quotes, i you wish to keep away from making an insurance claim, see if you can inspected any previous work the bodyshop has does (look at finished cars and quality of workmanship)

I have occasionally seen new bumpers for the FL2 for sale on eBay, not in the Tambora Flame colour though.

I would also take into account where the sensors are for the airbags (might not be relevant).

How did the PDC not pick it up? or did the something hit you? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12214 27th Dec 2007 11:51 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

A common error with pdc is to roll backwards down a hill without gearlever in reverse

Post #12216 28th Dec 2007 1:14 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Efthys,
Don't worry my friend, it doesn't look that bad. Sometimes bumpers are repairable, although a new one would certainly make it look like nothing has ever happened. Just find a good bodywork shop! Keep smiling... Thumbs Up

Post #12283 29th Dec 2007 9:57 am
djhampson

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

I'm guessing that will need a new bumper which may be expensive.

I got rear-ended a few weeks ago and the bumper has some long but shallow creases in it which i'm told can't be fixed easily so its a new bumper for me.

Thankfully the lady who hit me has insurance and is doing the right thing by me.

Post #12291 29th Dec 2007 1:27 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

for UK drivers only. you can check to see if any car is insured on this site http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

It says legally you have to be the owner of the vehicle to search for it but who is to know?

Post #12295 29th Dec 2007 5:22 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Nobody will know - that is a useful site to have to hand for those days when some twurp with a white shellsuit with Burberry trim and a Burberry baseball cap on back to front and driving a lowered Fiesta 950 with all the windows (except the front screen) blacked out p*sses you off as happened to me today......................... prats sat about 1ft from my rear bumper but they didn't expect twin turbo V8 power, just normal V6 TD power! Just fed their reggy in and they are not on the list so I'll just drop a word to my neighbour who is a traffic cop and the smally boys in their fiesta live in the next village! BTW CG I put through all three of the cherished plates that I own and they all came up correctly - 2 on the database and one not (as it is on retention), and on the correct cars How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #12296 29th Dec 2007 5:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Nobody will know - that is a useful site to have to hand for those days when some twurp with a white shellsuit with Burberry trim and a Burberry baseball cap on back to front and driving a lowered Fiesta 950 with all the windows (except the front screen) blacked out p*sses you off as happened to me today......................... prats sat about 1ft from my rear bumper but they didn't expect twin turbo V8 power, just normal V6 TD power! Just fed their reggy in and they are not on the list so I'll just drop a word to my neighbour who is a traffic cop and the smally boys in their fiesta live in the next village! BTW CG I put through all three of the cherished plates that I own and they all came up correctly - 2 on the database and one not (as it is on retention), and on the correct cars

Just checked mine and the wifes cars, the wifes is, but mine isn't will brokers list cars on this database

Just checked the old Kia Sportage that i had written off, thats insured Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12297 29th Dec 2007 5:59 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

You may be insured on a block policy that covers a lot of cars NP, is the cover provided by your employer? If you were stopped by plod then you have a week to get your papers to your local plodshop anyway How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #12298 29th Dec 2007 6:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

its not a block policy, its insured by myself (paid by company) with Adrian Flux Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12301 29th Dec 2007 6:09 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
useful

That's a well useful weblink CG, for checking our own vehicles (as intended), as call centres are not 100% efficient with their admin. Also good when you spot or get hit by a rogue vehicle. Good one! Thumbs Up  Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #12309 29th Dec 2007 8:28 pm
builder

England 
Re: I just had an accident

efthys wrote:
I just had an accident. I hope it fully reparable. Does anyone had a simiral accident (see pics) ??? Anyone knows if it can be fix with out a trace ??

Bumpers available on ebay with or with out sensors all under £100 not sure if they had your colour though.
Worth checking them out possibly. Thumbs Up

Post #12315 29th Dec 2007 10:53 pm
Narvik

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black

Npinks, my car which is also insured by Adrain Flux is not on this database link??

Post #12330 30th Dec 2007 9:25 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>