« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Santorini Black
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SkyDive

Greece 2007 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Sumatra Black
Santorini Black

Was browsing through the U.S LR site and came across the following "Narvik Black is scheduled to be replaced by the Santorini Black in 2008" http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/LR2/overview.htm
You guys have any info on the color so called Santorini Black?
I'm realy curious..

Post #12053 22nd Dec 2007 1:03 pm
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

SkyDive
I believe Narvik is being deleted (not to be replaced) and that Santorini is the new name for Sumatra Black... well that’s what my local dealer told me when I picked up my car last week..

Stevea

Post #12059 22nd Dec 2007 5:17 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I thought Santorini was the island that features on postcards of the Aegan Sea where the dazzling white buildings are contrasted against an almost impossibly brilliant blue sea- so why make it a shade of black! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12061 22nd Dec 2007 7:40 pm
SkyDive

Thanx for the info Stevea. Btw congrats on your new Fl2!
Indeed Tim Laughing ! You should visit! Santorini is beautiful, better than what you see on postcards!

Post #12062 22nd Dec 2007 7:54 pm
alex

Switzerland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I thought Santorini was the island that features on postcards of the Aegan Sea where the dazzling white buildings are contrasted against an almost impossibly brilliant blue sea- so why make it a shade of black!

Probably because Santorini, due to its volcanic origins, is also famous for its black sand beaches. Wink
(Still a bad choice to name a shade of black after it) Very Happy

Post #12066 22nd Dec 2007 8:39 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Skydive I have been passed it loads of times in my line of work, usually fairly close to give the passengers something beautiful to see, sometimes even stopping there! Have never been ashore so was unaware of the black sand though, thanks for the info Alex. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #12081 23rd Dec 2007 12:10 pm
SkyDive

Nice guess alex that must be the reason..Maybe it's time to take some time off Tim and go there for vacations, let's say next summer Wink

Post #12122 24th Dec 2007 6:00 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

What, pay to take a holiday abroad and go travelling when I spent my entire working life travelling worldwide anyway.................. for free!
I prefer to go and explore some of the best country in the world when I go on holiday - Britain. I had 4 days in Singapore in October waiting for my flight home, amazing how much money you go can get through when you go overseas for a holiday, nearly couldn't afford a new RRS as a result! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #12125 24th Dec 2007 8:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
What, pay to take a holiday abroad and go travelling when I spent my entire working life travelling worldwide anyway.................. for free!
I prefer to go and explore some of the best country in the world when I go on holiday - Britain. I had 4 days in Singapore in October waiting for my flight home, amazing how much money you go can get through when you go overseas for a holiday, nearly couldn't afford a new RRS as a result!

I feel the same, i've spent £££££££££ on visiting other countries and not seen much of the UK, but with my caravan things are slowly changing. (not a pro-caravan message)

I often think its strange that NASA spend $$$$$$billion on space when the ocean floor has only been mapped something like 10% Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12132 24th Dec 2007 8:51 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

"but with my caravan things are slowly changing"

Yes very slowly also for the 15 cars stuck behind you Laughing

Ok, so anyone know why narvik black is so called? Its a port on Northern Norway so maybe its named after the dark winters?

Post #12137 24th Dec 2007 11:02 pm
Rashmi12

India 

Traveling by ferry is most suitable especially for the kind of traveler that loves sea and considers ferries as part of their holiday. These people are the lucky ones who can treat long ferry journey as fun thing to do, rather than business traveler who just has to get from point A to point B as quickly as they can. Ferries to Greece are modern, fast and comfortable. The Hellenic ferries developed in leaps and bounds and have also contributed to development of Greek islands and tourism to Greece in general.

Greek ferries

Post #87696 12th Jan 2011 12:01 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
"
Ok, so anyone know why narvik black is so called? Its a port on Northern Norway so maybe its named after the dark winters?

I guess someone is actually paid to come up with the colour names to sound attractive rather than Sumos Jockstrap which would mean just about as much and get the mind wondering just the same. I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #87754 12th Jan 2011 9:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1