Home > General > Warning: Read this if you have an FL2 with glass roof panels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tangowagon

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Warning: Read this if you have an FL2 with glass roof panels

Big Cry
Beware when taking your FL2 to the dealership for routine service, warranty work etc. I recently took the tangowagon to my local dealer for its 15000 mile service. When I called to collect it it was not ready as they were doing some LR campaigns on it. At 5pm I got it back. When I asked what they had done they told me they had taken the roof lining and glass roof out and worked on the sunroof drains.
Disaster!!! squeaky roof(loose fitting roof lining) and oily hand prints and bent roof lining now the result. Booked in tomorrow for serious discussion with the powers that be.
Recommendation. Check when booking in and insist they keep the car for a few days. I had a similar problem when Honda removed the rooflining on my previous car as it is not a job that can be rushed. Following their vandalism I bought my FL2!

Post #11903 18th Dec 2007 11:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Warning: Read this if you have an FL2 with glass roof pa

tangowagon wrote:
Big Cry
Beware when taking your FL2 to the dealership for routine service, warranty work etc. I recently took the tangowagon to my local dealer for its 15000 mile service. When I called to collect it it was not ready as they were doing some LR campaigns on it. At 5pm I got it back. When I asked what they had done they told me they had taken the roof lining and glass roof out and worked on the sunroof drains.
Disaster!!! squeaky roof(loose fitting roof lining) and oily hand prints and bent roof lining now the result. Booked in tomorrow for serious discussion with the powers that be.
Recommendation. Check when booking in and insist they keep the car for a few days. I had a similar problem when Honda removed the rooflining on my previous car as it is not a job that can be rushed. Following their vandalism I bought my FL2!

I have had the sunroof drains carried out, when my car went in a few months back

Not a oil hand print to be seen, but there has been a rattle which was the fixing for the lining between the two glass roofs

I hope it all gets sorted, i would go for a replacement roof lining if they have bent and disfigured it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11904 18th Dec 2007 11:43 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
what?

I have the sun-roofs, but not experienced any problems so far. But there again I haven't been back to my dealer either!! Shocked

Does the "drain" problem apply to all sunroofs? (Mine was delivered in late July 07) Confused
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #11909 19th Dec 2007 12:55 am
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Driving in the rain with sun roof flipped up at back when water started issing in through frt header console. Shut it quick, no more indoor precipitation but this is 1st vehicle I have had which I could not drive in the rain with flipped open roof. Do I have drains cleared and risk rattles or get wet electrics and lap. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #11962 19th Dec 2007 10:01 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

So does anyone know if this is a standard swap out for all sunroofs when serviced please? '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #11963 19th Dec 2007 10:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i don't beleive they change the sunroof they have to take off the lining to re reroute the drainage pipes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11964 19th Dec 2007 10:38 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
emmmm

Emmmmm ... don't like the sound of that fix. I certainly don't want the roof lining to be mucked up! Shocked Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #11965 19th Dec 2007 10:45 pm
tangowagon

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Update:

Just received car back from dealer, no more rattles. Smile
Only seen it in the twilight but damage appears to have been repaired.

The only issue I can see with the work they did in the first place is trying to do too much in a short period of time instead of being realistic. It may be worth checking when booking in if this work is scheduled to be done.
If it is request that it is done on a separate occasion when they can take more time with it.

Post #11967 19th Dec 2007 11:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

oil hand prints can be sorted due to dealer error

big nasty water stains due to customer refusal can not Exclamation Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11968 19th Dec 2007 11:17 pm
scotster

I just booked my GS (with sunroof) in with Charles Hurst (as advertised above) to check another issue (fail to start).

I asked if I needed the drain rootings sorted and he said there were no 'sevice actions' flagged up against my chassis Number. It was built the start of November 07. He was aware of the issue and said it only applied to earlier builds. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #11980 20th Dec 2007 1:51 pm
builder

England 

I am not taking delivery of my car till March 1st so I hope they will sort the problem by then.
Based on various other problems in the past with the freelander 2 do Land Rover take notice of such known problems and get them sorted quickly or do they drag their heels. Sad Sad Sad

Post #11990 20th Dec 2007 8:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have a friend with a '53 plate fleelander 1, who went to my dealers and spoke to the service department

apparently the conversation went

"i have a fl1 sport and i have a leak"

and the service reception finished the sentence with "in the boots underfloor compartment"

So they know about faults but don't do mass recalls to fix

I had a FL1 as a loan car last year and that too had the boot leak, had to dry out the camcorder that i stored in there Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11992 20th Dec 2007 8:23 pm
builder

England 

npinks wrote:
i have a friend with a '53 plate fleelander 1, who went to my dealers and spoke to the service department

apparently the conversation went

"i have a fl1 sport and i have a leak"

and the service reception finished the sentence with "in the boots underfloor compartment"

So they know about faults but don't do mass recalls to fix

I had a FL1 as a loan car last year and that too had the boot leak, had to dry out the camcorder that i stored in there

Oh dear Sad But do they alter anything quickly at the production line side of things to help eliminate known problems Question

Post #11994 20th Dec 2007 8:40 pm
scotster

Well they obviously knew about the sunroof drains sometime in the last year and by (at the latest) Nov 07 they had fixed them on the prod line.

I would imagine simple stuff like this is fixed pretty quickly (it is a simple job on the production lines to fix) but doing recalls for something so minor just doesn't make sense.

Remember the formula in Fight Club for justifying Auto Recalls? Shocked '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.

Post #11999 21st Dec 2007 12:32 am
builder

England 

[quote="scotster"]Well they obviously knew about the sunroof drains sometime in the last year and by (at the latest) Nov 07 they had fixed them on the prod line.

Am I pleased to hear that. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #12057 22nd Dec 2007 2:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1