Home > General > Eurolites beam adaptors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
chapsworth

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue
Eurolites beam adaptors

Hi,

The set of Eurolites beam adaptors that I have pre-date my Freelander 2 (2011). I've gone onto the website and found I need diagram 4 on where to place them.

Anyone know where to place these or have a copy of diagram 4 they could post?

Thanks
Simon

Post #152895 30th Aug 2012 11:21 am
JST

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black

Here ya go....

Click image to enlarge

IMHO they don't make that much difference but they do stop Mr French plod getting on your case! John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One
Triumph Rocket 111 (sadly gone!)

Post #152897 30th Aug 2012 11:34 am
chapsworth

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue

Brilliant - thanks for the quick reply.

Last time I went over with the FL1 I didn't bother as it was a day trip and didn't get dark. When I had the Skoda I had a spare set of headlamp protectors and put the adaptors on those - seemed to work and never was stopped.

I've even used insulating tape and never had a problem!

Simon

Post #152898 30th Aug 2012 11:44 am
JST

I go to France quite a bit and have got fed up with messing about with the headlights in the cold, wet and dark that tends to be Portsmouth harbour so I have just bought a pair of LHD headlights which I can fit at home before I leave. Mr brit plod does not seem to bother about such things.

A tip....driving in the daylight in France without beam adaptors will nowadays attract the attention of Mr French plod looking to bolster funds with a nice fat on the spot fine!.....and don't forget your breathalysers, hi viz jackets (one for each passenger), spare bulbs, full set of car docs and warning triangle! John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One

Post #152927 30th Aug 2012 12:03 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Doesn't the headlight have a lever inside to flip between UK and EU Question

Never had beam deflectors on any of my cars and have never been stopped whilst driving over here. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #152951 30th Aug 2012 5:18 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Dave wrote:

Only on those fitted with Xenon headlights I believe.

Post #152953 30th Aug 2012 5:32 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

rchrdleigh wrote:
Dave wrote:

Only on those fitted with Xenon headlights I believe.

Bi xenon types supposed to adapt themselves to either left or right hand drive without dazzle, only the early single xenons need adjusting/deflectors fitted for abroad apparently?

Post #152994 30th Aug 2012 8:29 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

The standard bi-xenon fitted to Freelander need to be adjusted for left or right hand driving conditions by moving the lever inside the headlamp unit. This information can be found on page 28 and 29 of the 2011 Owners Manual. Adaptive bi-xenon adjust to improve lighting while cornering but not for driving on the opposite side of the road.

Post #152997 30th Aug 2012 8:37 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic5922.html

Post #153014 30th Aug 2012 9:48 pm
ad210358

England 

rchrdleigh wrote:
The standard bi-xenon fitted to Freelander need to be adjusted for left or right hand driving conditions by moving the lever inside the headlamp unit. This information can be found on page 28 and 29 of the 2011 Owners Manual. Adaptive bi-xenon adjust to improve lighting while cornering but not for driving on the opposite side of the road.

Bi Xenon, would be difficult to go back to standard lights and the Projectors from what has been posted on here, the flicking of the lever is quicker than fitting the benders.

Post #153021 30th Aug 2012 10:08 pm
athelstan

ad210358 wrote:
the flicking of the lever is quicker than fitting the benders.

To move the lever you have to first remove the headlight from its bumper surround, and then, remove the headlight's rear protective cover to get to the lever. Then you have to reverse that process before you can proceed on your journey. I defy anyone to complete that process faster than the action of simply sticking good old fashioned headlight deflectors on their old headlights Banging Head

I've flicked that lever many times upon returning to Blighty (and of course back again when back on mainland Europe) and it is a pig of a process - especially in the dark, rain or snow Evil or Very Mad

Why oh why couldn't that lever be engineered to be outside of the rear protective cover and accessible by just opening the bonnet I do not know Idea

Post #153027 31st Aug 2012 6:59 am
snowy22255

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Chapsworth

Further to the list of requirements for driving in Europe, supplied by JST, I got back from 3 weeks driving in Europe at the start of the month and the ferry company are now advising that you also need to carry a fire extinguisher.

A look on the internet seems to confirm that but despite best efforts on France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg I could not find anywhere I could buy one. My attempt to buy included visits to several manufacturers main dealers who confirmed that they supply them as a standard fitment when new but do not sell individually.

To be honest we were in my wife's 1 Series convertible and she had so much luggage I am not sure I could have found anywhere to fit one even if I had found one.

Post #153066 31st Aug 2012 9:49 am
JST

Snowy,

The fire extinguisher and first aid kit are not yet mandatory but are advisory. In France you are obliged by law to give assistance should you be the first to arrive at an accident and I think they reason that this may be difficult if you don't have the tools to help.

We tend to moan about french motoring law and its harsh application but it works. France does not have the sort of issue we have with the numbers of uninsured drivers in the UK. Why?...because in France if you are caught driving with no insurance you face being banged up in jail for 6 months! Er....sorry...off on a bit of an off topic rant now.....I'll get my coat.... John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One

Post #153067 31st Aug 2012 9:57 am
ad210358

England 

athelstan wrote:
ad210358 wrote:
the flicking of the lever is quicker than fitting the benders.

To move the lever you have to first remove the headlight from its bumper surround, and then, remove the headlight's rear protective cover to get to the lever. Then you have to reverse that process before you can proceed on your journey. I defy anyone to complete that process faster than the action of simply sticking good old fashioned headlight deflectors on their old headlights Banging Head

I've flicked that lever many times upon returning to Blighty (and of course back again when back on mainland Europe) and it is a pig of a process - especially in the dark, rain or snow Evil or Very Mad

Why oh why couldn't that lever be engineered to be outside of the rear protective cover and accessible by just opening the bonnet I do not know Idea

It's two bolts per Headlight, much easier than messing about with bits of sticky tape, if you want to play Blue Peter it's up to you, I know my preference, but each to their own.

Post #153092 31st Aug 2012 5:09 pm
athelstan

ad210358
I don't mess around playing around reenacting a Blue Peter (or Magpie) Fairy bottle n sticky tape space rocket kits. I don't know what you are eating n drinking in "Jumped" land but whatever it is, it's certainly taking you off track on this one.

Her Ladyship has the Adaptive Xenos fitted and the process is more than just removing those two top bolts. You cannot do the job of altering the lever postion faster than sticking a beam deflector patch on an old halogen headlight set. Fact not fiction or exaggeration.

Despite the length of time it takes to do both of her headlight units to flick those tiny levers it does get done because you cannot stick a beam deflector patch onto these adaptive xenons and have the beam directed properly, not only when driving in a straight line, but more so, when the xenons start to track around a corner.

Post #153154 1st Sep 2012 5:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>