Home > In Car Electronics > Audio/GPS aftermarket system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OldGoat

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Fuji White
Audio/GPS aftermarket system

Hi All,

My only beef with my freelander 2 (MY11) is its last decade audio/entertainment system.

Ive been looking for a way to remedy this and have found the following product.

http://www.vms4x4.com/collections/portable...eelander-2

I was wondering if any one has used this or have found a good head unit/gps etc which also works with steering wheel controls and or rear/front sensor alerts. Or if any one has installed the unit i mentioned in the link etc.

Im also interested in hearing of experiences in installing aftermarket audio/entertainment systems in the FL2

Cheers.

Post #151537 19th Aug 2012 12:33 am
Nairbr

Australia 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

I'm about to fit a Pioneer AVH-4450BT to my MY11 Freelander in the next few weeks, I bought whist I was on holidays in Thailand and paid less than 1/2 of what they sell here and I also got the Pioneer Reversing Camera and Calibration Mic kit for a few Baht more.

I am just waiting for a 2 DIN Facia kit to come "carstereos4U.com" (not cheap postage) from the UK.

This is what I have discovered so far, AERPRO have a wiring harness for most common brands to the stock harness with SW Control, you can order this through places like Supercheap Autos etc... PART Number CHLR3A they also do 2 DIN Facia kits for Disco's RRS and Freelanders

My only concern is the reversing sensors, I don't know if they will work through the Aerpro harness or not or it could be remedied by wiring a simple speaker setup to the CAN-BUS to get the beeps.

What I will gain though is a reversing camera + full IPhone intergration and a decent sound system.

I will post again on any success or problems I encountered on the install

Post #152864 30th Aug 2012 3:48 am
Blitzer

Nairbr wrote:
I'm about to fit a Pioneer AVH-4450BT to my MY11 Freelander in the next few weeks, I bought whist I was on holidays in Thailand and paid less than 1/2 of what they sell here and I also got the Pioneer Reversing Camera and Calibration Mic kit for a few Baht more.

I am just waiting for a 2 DIN Facia kit to come "carstereos4U.com" (not cheap postage) from the UK.

This is what I have discovered so far, AERPRO have a wiring harness for most common brands to the stock harness with SW Control, you can order this through places like Supercheap Autos etc... PART Number CHLR3A they also do 2 DIN Facia kits for Disco's RRS and Freelanders

My only concern is the reversing sensors, I don't know if they will work through the Aerpro harness or not or it could be remedied by wiring a simple speaker setup to the CAN-BUS to get the beeps.

What I will gain though is a reversing camera + full IPhone intergration and a decent sound system.

I will post again on any success or problems I encountered on the install

I'll look forward to seeing this one installed and hearing about your success, it's been a gripe of mine since I got the car. Always felt that the technology was dated, and doesn't hook up properly with my Android phone.

Post #153358 2nd Sep 2012 10:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1