Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting sat nav. Which and where are the cables to splice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Fitting sat nav. Which and where are the cables to splice?

I am fitting a TomTom 720 over Christmas so it fits sunggly in the 'hole in the dash'

I will be running an output from the audio jack of the 720, the power, the TNC aerial and also maybe later an external aerial.

I will be taking the audio cable and feeding the aux input of the audio unit. I have the basic one as I own a GS.

I will be taking the power lead and trying to find a suitable 12VDC feed I can use behind the central console.

OK, there is the question.

Does anyone have any knowledge of:

1) If there is a 12VDC feed I can tap into behind the console or do I need to find the feed for the cigarette lighter. If there is what colour are the cables and where are they please?
2) I assume I should put an inline fuse in there. What value please?
3) Again. Does anyone know the cable colour of the 3 cables (common, left, right channels) in the loom I assume goes into the back of the audio unit. Otherwise I will have to trace the 3.5mm audio input jack from the back of the near the passenger area. Maybe they are even clearly labelled?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Scott, '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #11478 10th Dec 2007 10:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1