« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Glasses knackered & Vision Express
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Glasses knackered & Vision Express

Never been to Vision Express before but after treading on my glasses yesterday, I needed some new one's quick. I hadn't noticed my glasses fall off the window sill onto the floor and I trod on them and smashed them to smithereens!

I had to make do today with an old pair about 5 years old which are an old prescription but just good enough for me to see to drive! So I went into vision express in the westfield centre in Derby. They didn't have the lenses in so couldn't do the 1hr service but they are ready to collect at 1pm tomorrow.

I always thought that the customer service etc wouldn't be all that good but I couldn't fault them. Very helpful and I got accidental damage insurance for 2 years for £19 which will pay 75% of any repair or replacement bill.

Anyone else used vision express before?

These are the new specs: http://www.zanla.info/upfile/2011120204325329761.jpg LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #148846 17th Jul 2012 10:05 pm
athelstan

As a Time Lord couldn't you have just gone back to a minute before treading on your spectacles and prevented the accident from occurring - then - fast forward to real time and lived happy ever after in the knowledge that you'd have saved pounds on a new pair of glasses. Laughing

Post #148865 18th Jul 2012 7:22 am
taztastic

England 

Wifey has Ted Baker specs, the paint is always flaking off around the hinges, changed on numerous occasions.
Personally I always use spex4less, never had a problem although my script is pretty straightforward.

Post #148877 18th Jul 2012 9:12 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have Gucci, bought after an eye test a fair few years ago for about £380 plus lenses, went back a year later, eyes needed new lenses £90, went back the year after, eyes improved new lenses £90, went back year later, eyes improved you don't need to wear glasses for the PC, but you need new lenses for when your driving if your eyes are tired £90

At this rate i could have had my eyes shot with a laser and not need glasses, iirc im 0.25 in one and +0.10 in the other or something like that

Post #148881 18th Jul 2012 9:48 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

free service for all vanners , CG entrprises now have a laser eye surgery At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #148890 18th Jul 2012 12:15 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

npinks wrote:

At this rate i could have had my eyes shot with a laser and not need glasses, iirc im 0.25 in one and +0.10 in the other or something like that

I did just that over 10 years ago, still need cheap reading specs, but got rid of distance glasses and contact lenses, highly recommended , and great if you partake in any sporting activity that was crippling you for special RX sports prescriptions/frames , like Shooting, Diving, Cycling, etc etc........... to name just a few. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #148915 18th Jul 2012 5:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1