Home > General > Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
agroman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey
Tyres

Hi to all
I am new to this site, having got a TD4 XS 6 weeks ago. Well please with it, having owned 3 Freelander 1's. No probs. to date!

Just a question about tyres. This was a constant question with the series 1's. Didn't like the look of the standard Goodyear Wranglers, - remember my 1st 'S' reg which wiped out the front Wranglers in 15K miles! Also I use the vehicle a lot on fields / tracks as part of my job and the goodyears are c Censored p for grip. Previously had BF Goodridge AT's on 16inch rims which were fantastic in terms of grip and wear. However they don't make a correct profile tyre for the 17inch rims on present car. The only ones I could find on the internet were TOYO Open Country's, which the dealer fitted for me from new based on a trade-in for the standard tyres. Haven't needed to test them to extreme yet though as it has been relatively dry. They are quieter than BFG's, however tend to slide sideways abit more.

Does anyone else have experience with non factory fit tyres?

Been interesting reading through posts on the site, glad I didn't see the site before buying as all the realibility issues might have put me off, what is a fantastic car, Freelander has grown up at last!

Thanks for trick deactivating seatbelt bleeper, my dealer will be interested in this one, as they told me to get hold of another seatbelt clip without the belt and stick this in!!

Post #10593 25th Nov 2007 10:12 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi agroman, glad you love the car, would just like to say all our bitches and moans on here are not to put people off, sorrry if they do, that was not the intent....the intent is to find a solution to our problems and share our problems and hopefully fix other peoples troubles quickly. I know we would not have put you off, and I have not taken your comment in a detrimental way, but some people do, we have had the odd scrape on here with people making MOUNTAINS out of mole hills Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

As you say friend... fantastic car, Little Land has in deed grown up!!I can't help on the tyres as got the factory fits but now I am doing some mild offroading may be watching the tyre threads more closely in the near future Thumbs Up

Post #10743 27th Nov 2007 10:36 pm
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi all,

Try this site to compare the driving properties of your tyres : TyreTest.com

My FL2 would have been delivered with Pirelli Scorpion tyres as standard - but I had them changed to GY Wrangler HP All Weather - because the Scorpions were useless regarding stopping distances in snow.

Anyway - you can select the optimum tyre for your driving needs (fast road, all weather, road+minor off road etc etc). The choice is always going to be a compromise - but for me stopping in snow was more important than being able to go round a corner on 2 wheels Rolling with laughter

Post #10765 28th Nov 2007 11:20 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1