« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Damaged by Garage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Narvik

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black
Damaged by Garage

After some advice pls all......I have recently got my new FL2 back from the garage after having a machine polish done due to paint contamination from new on the paintwork. Today was the first day I could wash the car to see the results and to say the results are terrible would be an under statement.

On the side of the car where the roofline comes down and curves down to the door, it is all scratched right down one side of the car where they have angled the machine over the curve. They have also overun onto the rear handle and taken the top layer of this, am gutted. From having a car which had a finish to die for bar the small problem from delivery to now having a finish like it has been sanded down as opposed to polished! Big Cry

What should I do. I am already waiting for a call from the manger regarding other issues,thinking of waiting for him to ring and then blast them again!!! Not sure how this can be fixed without a respray which I'd rather not have. The car is narvik black

Any words of wisdom would be very much welcomed on what I should do next - Thank You

Post #10514 23rd Nov 2007 4:46 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Narvik, sorry to hear this. Don't worry though as all damage can be repaired, it's us humans who are more sensitive than cars. Anyway, if the scratches are not too deep you may use a special 3M paste (I'll have to check the type). As far as the handle is concerned, I'd have them replace it or if you trust them get them pain all four of them in the titan colour (the one used on the premium version) - not sure how it'll look on marvik black. Keep us posted...

Post #10515 23rd Nov 2007 5:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

WoW How did they let it come back to you in this state Exclamation

As Def says damage is repairable

See what the Manager has to say on t he matter, and try and go for a polish instead of a respray.

My last car the Kia Sportage had Mica Black Metalic paint, (black with tiny tiny red particles) Due to its first accident the whole of the drivers side was resprayed due to load of tiny chip from been hit by hundreds of pieces of garden slate that was kicked up by the motorbike that bounced of the dashboard.

I was never happy with the finish that was acheived, orange peel finish effect as hand can not paint and apply the same amount of paint as the robot on the production line.

There are companys out there that take a reading of the depth of paint (down to the closest micron) they can play with and slowly sand down the paint, and hopefully remove the scratch. Its not cheap, but you should NOT be paying for this.

I sorry to be the one to say but resprayed black cars look like Censored Big Cry

I was arguing with the garage and the insurance company right up to the date it was writen off over the loss of value and this paint work Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #10516 23rd Nov 2007 5:55 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

sorry to hear that Narvik.

personally I would just not accept this situation and reject the car.

you have paid a lot of money for a brand new car and basically the dealer has been give the chance to rectify a delivery fault and has totally f***** it up.

why should you agree to a respray ?

speak to the dealer and tell him you want a replacement new vehicle.

Post #10965 30th Nov 2007 11:38 am
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear about this Narvik.
I would reject the car totally. The paintwork should be as good as new but they have totally ****** it up.
Let them put it in the show room, under the fancy lights, to show off the FL2's paintwork to potential customers.
I would feel absolutely sick if this happened to me.

Sorry again
waaxh03

Post #10973 30th Nov 2007 1:02 pm
Narvik

Thanks for your comments all.

As an update the dealer has agreed to get an outside company in who say they can return the car to as new. They have also agreed to diamondbrite the car inside & out and also put it in the showroom for me to inspect before I take it away. Land Rover themselves are now involved so I shall wait and see. Keep you all updated

Post #11114 2nd Dec 2007 9:25 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Narvik wrote:
Thanks for your comments all.

As an update the dealer has agreed to get an outside company in who say they can return the car to as new. They have also agreed to diamondbrite the car inside & out and also put it in the showroom for me to inspect before I take it away. Land Rover themselves are now involved so I shall wait and see. Keep you all updated

Hope this is sorted out to be able to bring the car back to showroom condition.

Can you let use see some before and after pictures? when things habve been sorted and settled down Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11130 3rd Dec 2007 2:37 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE NARVIK LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether you are happy or not with what has happened RECORD THE DAMAGE IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECORD YOUR DEALERS SOLUTION IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECORD THE FACT YOU RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS YOUR ONLY PROTECTION HONEST................IN A UK COURT IT IS LAST LETTER ON FILE THAT RECORDS THE EVIDENCE UNLESS THE DEFENDANT, YOUR DEALER!! DEFENDS YOUR CLAIM, AND POST YOUR LETTER VIA A RECORDED POSTAL DELIVERY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE NEVER LOST A LAW CASE YET IN MY LAST FIVE YEARS OF RUNNING A BUSINESS.........WHY?????????????? BECAUSE I RECORDED THE FACTS Very Happy Very Happy .

KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN........KEEP IN CONTROL Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

yes its boring but my 'BUY BACK' did not volunteer itself..................I TOOK CONTROL AND RECORDED THE PROBLEMS EACH TIME.................result>................I NOW HAVE A BRAND NEW HSE TD4 AUTO THAT IS GREAT Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #11208 4th Dec 2007 10:38 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Are you one of those ambulance chasers Carlfraz?? Wink

Good advice I say.

Irrespective of how nice they are get it all in writing. It may turn Censored later on.... '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #11209 4th Dec 2007 10:46 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

EXACTLY scotster.............protect your own arse........... as your dealer won't protect yours for sure Twisted Evil

Post #11219 4th Dec 2007 11:12 pm
Narvik

Thanks Carlfraz, sound advice. I will confirm in a letter what has been said and issue it recorded to the dealers. It goes in 17th Dec, which this space!

Post #11301 5th Dec 2007 9:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1