« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Taggarts Glasgow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue
Taggarts Glasgow

Car going in for first service next week with Taggarts Glasgow. Never used them for a service before but they come under the same group as our friends at Lookers Park Royal who I bought the car from last year. Expecting the same standard of service as I recieved from LPR.

Anyone had a bad experience with them? MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE - MY11 TD4 HSE LAGO GREY Privacy Glass

GONE- 08 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 07 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 04 Silver

Post #140820 24th Apr 2012 4:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

I've used them twice, first and second services and no real complaints, very good customer service.

Although I bought my car from Shields, they let me down when I had a problem ( even although this was the third car I had bought from them !! )

Taggarts fixed the issue no problem and as I said I subsequently had the services done there, and will probably have the third service/MOT done there as well.

only thing I noticed is that they tend to slightly overfill the oil a bit above the maximum mark, which although some people say this is not a problem, I don't like it and took the excess off myself.

Iain

Post #140883 25th Apr 2012 8:06 am
trawlerman66

Thanks Iain.

I will feedback on my experience next Tuesday MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE- 04 Silver

Post #140910 25th Apr 2012 3:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
trawlerman66

Car was serviced at Taggarts Glasgow today and it proved to be a positive experience. Car was immaculate inside and out when picked up. Got the service for £264 which is a massive reduction as the service board states it should be £488.

Even got the customary oil top up in the boot and because I am a new customer with them, I also recieved TWO Landrover Off Road Vouchers.

Credit where it is due. Well done Taggarts MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE- 04 Silver

Post #141613 1st May 2012 6:22 pm
athelstan

Pleased to hear that you can get decent service from official Land Rover Dealers/Service Centres in UK. Thumbs Up

In 3yrs we've never had:
A first rate service
"Top-Up" oil
An immaculate car after service (quiet the opposite - see below)
Complimentary Off-Road vouchers
All issues fixed on service
Vehicle returned on time
Advice on potential problems
Notification of recall, software or hardware updates
Or a even phone call to say vehicle ready for collection

As a result of an annual service we have had:
The load space area was once used as a dustbin (pixs to prove)
Oily finger prints all over the body work (pixs to prove)
Interior trim panels not replaced properly (pixs to prove)
Broken headlight fastenings
Mechanical issues not addressed
Oil renewal on service not reset (leading to oil warning alarm 5k later)
Incorrect refit of battery cover (cover found lodged between the fuse box and wing cavity)
Failed resealing of rear light cluster (condensation - now a warranty issue)
Incorrect mounting of winter wheel set (massive vibration in the first 5mins of leaving the Dealer remount required)
Drivers seat smeared in silicone (pixs to prove)
All supplied with a Swiss lake full of righteous Helvetian disdain.

And I won't go into detail on how long it takes to get warranty work approved let alone completed Whistle

Hey ho - the joys of owning a LR in Switzerland Sad

Post #141648 2nd May 2012 6:51 am
trawlerman66

Come back to UK. The country is crap but LandRover customer service is great. MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE- 04 Silver

Post #141652 2nd May 2012 7:35 am
athelstan

Currently investigating who to use in the UK - much will depend on simple logistics as there's no point in using the finest if they are based for example in Wales as we just don't get over there (once in the last 27yrs) so they have to be on route to those regions we visit on my/our annual pilgrimage to my owd pile of stone in the Peak District Thumbs Up

Coming back to live - just not on the agenda. When our daughter is old enough to look after herself the other half has expressed an interest of going back to Norway to live again (not my cup of tea) as for me I'd like to head off for the open spaces of Canada again (BC, MA or PEI) or Patagonia. Blighty is just too over crowded with numptydom n traffic, plus, my brother is the "pain-in-the-backside" neighbour you'd never want - the grumpy 76yr owd cuss.

Post #141664 2nd May 2012 8:51 am
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

If I'm right athelstan, you mentioned in an earlier post that you might be coming to the Uk via Newcastle and the ferry, well if that’s the case, You could try Team Valley Land Rover in Gateshead, not too far from Newcastle and I’ve always had good service, no vouchers though but they do all warranty work.

Drop the car off in the morning, they provide a courtesy car, then whisk the two ladies in your life off to the Metro Centre for loads of retail therapy Thumbs Up

Post #141679 2nd May 2012 10:40 am
athelstan

Toeknee - trust you to drop me right in it and have my pension fund raided by my two at the Metro Centre Banging Head

For our next visit which will probably be in the Autumn school holiday we're thinking of using the DFDS ferry Ijmuiden/Newcastle so TVLR or Strathern would be handy. TVLR are official LR and Strathern not. One's closer to the port (how easy is the drive from the ferry to their place?) and one is much closer to our first destination on Loch Tay. Both have a strong following of delighted punters. There's no METRO CENTRE near Strathern............but I could have a decent lunchtime pint around Gateshead and get her Ladyship to drive on up to Loch Tay Whistle Decisions decisions.

Post #141693 2nd May 2012 11:46 am
Navigator

Scotland 

trawlerman66 wrote:
Even got the customary oil top up in the boot

For which you will have paid, as it's what is left over from the unit of sale above what was needed to fill the engine. Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #141705 2nd May 2012 12:46 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Great to see that Taggarts are almost as great as LPR!! Whistle ....... but you'd expect them to be as they are part of the Lookers Group!

James Thumbs Up

Post #141714 2nd May 2012 1:27 pm
trawlerman66

Well James, I have had great service from yourselves and Taggarts. Maybe one group has got it right.

Keep up the fantastic work. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE- 04 Silver

Post #141749 2nd May 2012 10:15 pm
alanbgt

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Bali Blue
No oil top up ...

Fot the first time (45k service) I negotiated TH White (Royal Wootton Basset) down for my service (to £300, so I wasn't too hard on them).

Also, for the first time, there was not complimentary oil top up left in the boot when I picked up.

Connected? I don't believe in coincidences....

Alan MY10 TD4.e HSE
Bali Blue

Post #141759 3rd May 2012 7:47 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

trawlerman66 wrote:
Car was serviced at Taggarts Glasgow today and it proved to be a positive experience. Car was immaculate inside and out when picked up. Got the service for £264 which is a massive reduction as the service board states it should be £488.

Even got the customary oil top up in the boot and because I am a new customer with them, I also recieved TWO Landrover Off Road Vouchers.

Credit where it is due. Well done Taggarts

great to hear everything went well, I will probably use them for next service/MOT

and will feedback my experience for the forum.

Iain

ps maybe instead of overfilling the engine oil, they now leave the excess as a top up !! Very Happy

Post #141761 3rd May 2012 7:58 am
td4_gs

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Barolo Black

Wasn't Impressed with Taggarts in Glasgow, shocking service from them.

They refused to carry out some minor warranty work after taking the car in (the glove compartment wouldn't shut and 2 of the vent clips had come off) unless I had the first service completed at £500.

The car was only 1.5k over the recommended service mileage interval.

No mention even of a discount mentioned which may have swayed me to go ahead.

Loyal Volvo customer with them too, business lost.

Post #179173 7th Apr 2013 9:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>