Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Town & County Aberdeen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Dave I was using a garage called (it sounds like vehicle hospital-think about it) with my last car, as they offer main dealer servicing at cheap prices.
All seemed well until after the 3rd service they made a major Censored up (no details) and after a while I realised they had been using totally the wrong engine oil for my motor, as well as many other Censored ups.

You pays your money you takes your choice.
Like I said before, servicing is where main stealers make all their money.

The answer? Who knows?

I had a major prob recently that involved me calling LR assist and evntually the very nice guy who came out and got me going advised me to go to TnC and ask if they could stick it on the comp as he thought it might be a software failure.
Went in and the girl didnt even look up at me just said "Yes?" Then proceeded to enter stuff in the comp shaking hr head the whole time not looking at me and telling me I could get my car seen in 2 weeks time.
LR assist phoned druing all this to see how I got on with the mechanic. Spot on says I but the dealer cannot look at my motor for two weeks so I had better introduce myself to you nice LR assist lady as we will be speaking quite a lot over the next two weeks if my car keeps breaking down!
The TnC girls reaction? NOWT!
I took my motor elsewhere...... Very Happy

Post #23364 2nd Jul 2008 12:13 am
snappa

Apologies for the language I thought the Censored came up automatically !

Post #23365 2nd Jul 2008 12:14 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Censored idjet the Censored doesnt Censored well come up Censored automatically so get it Censored right next time At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #23373 2nd Jul 2008 7:56 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

suppose it keeps me busy, but don't push your luck CG Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23375 2nd Jul 2008 8:17 am
snappa

Make him stand in the corner....

Post #23378 2nd Jul 2008 8:44 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Quote:
Dave I was using a garage called (it sounds like vehicle hospital-think about it) with my last car, as they offer main dealer servicing at cheap prices.

The old grey matter may be fading, but there a a few active cells left so I just managed to figure that one out Thumbs Up

It wasn't so much the price, I was expecting it considering that we're in Aberdeen (oil capitol and all that), it was the fact that they don't change the air filter until the 30,000 mile service which I thought was a bit crap. My filter was filthy, when I say filthy I mean it was black.

Anyway, rant over, on with the pleasure of driving it, and for what it's worth, after it's first service and driving to Portlethen this morning yielded a nice 41.2mpg..............hope it stays like it Thumbs Up

Post #23379 2nd Jul 2008 8:52 am
snappa

Yeah you always imagine that in a 300-odd quid service even if the schedule says they only change certain things they would still at least check everything else is ok!!

Post #23398 2nd Jul 2008 10:23 am
Steuart64

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black
No wonder LR need a sub from HM Govt

It because the sCensoreds rip them off on warranty visits
Summary of visit-

I had selected the program mode to defrost and the heated everything kicked in. After 2 mins the passenger wing mirror glass popped and fell out. Heat expansion I think? Dealer had never heard of it but fixed it under warranty.

Wipers automatically sweep on start up despite the manual saying not to do it. Owners have experienced this happening intermittently (this is happening with mine) and software upgrade has fixed it. Handbook says not to operate on dry windscreen – damages wiper blades - NOT FIXED

Telephone display does not show line provider ie Orange, O2 etc – It should. Software update - NOT FIXED and not told it hadnt been fixed

Rear brake pads early wear, asked to check - NO RESPONSE

Drivers seat belt squeaks when pulled – worse in cold weather - Was told it is the noise when you pull the seaatbelt wearing against the piller - NOT FIXED (Friction noise is not a squeak!!)

Sunroof rattles in cold weather when engine is cold or low revs. Seems to have appeared after sunroof recall - told it was loose items in my car. So I asked " why does it stop when I put upward pressure on the sunroof?

Rear demister only worked intermittantly - Adjusted connections in boot Reported fixed.

7 items reported, in a full day and only 2 rectified. Mind you they washed the car!!

Who pays T&C - LR! 07 RRS Java Black

Ex - '56 FL2 SE TD4 manual, Narvik Black, Tinted Glass, Cool Blue LEDS Internal and puddle/wing mirror lights. Smoked side repeats. Genuine Imatation Walnut facia

Post #31865 26th Nov 2008 10:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: No wonder LR need a sub from HM Govt

Quote:
Wipers automatically sweep on start up despite the manual saying not to do it. Owners have experienced this happening intermittently (this is happening with mine) and software upgrade has fixed it. Handbook says not to operate on dry windscreen – damages wiper blades - NOT FIXED

Mine still do this, now i just leave them switched off and put they onto auto when it rains Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Telephone display does not show line provider ie Orange, O2 etc – It should. Software update - NOT FIXED and not told it hadnt been fixed

Tell them its a safety issue, and show them the thread that relates to this - but they use the phones software is not compatable if they can

Quote:
Rear brake pads early wear, asked to check - NO RESPONSE

normally means they didn't find anything, but its best to check Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Drivers seat belt squeaks when pulled – worse in cold weather - Was told it is the noise when you pull the seaatbelt wearing against the piller - NOT FIXED (Friction noise is not a squeak!!)

Mine don't squeek and it still wearing away after having the trim replaced, but there is a slight rattle, which they be looking at shortly

Quote:
Sunroof rattles in cold weather when engine is cold or low revs. Seems to have appeared after sunroof recall - told it was loose items in my car. So I asked " why does it stop when I put upward pressure on the sunroof?

Mine did this, its the small pastic trim holders that haven't been relocated properly, its a Censored of a noise, and tried to do it myself, but they kept popping out, so had the dealer look at them again.

Quote:
Who pays T&C - LR!

Yep, T&C will put a bill into LR for what theyhave worked on (or not) Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31869 26th Nov 2008 11:05 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12