Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Trick to getting the cargo area light to come on???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Cheeky git GS69 Laughing

Post #9775 10th Nov 2007 6:12 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
slightly off topic ....

GS69, you mentioned the spare wheel issue we reminds me that I got an answer as to why my full size steel spare wheel is limited to 50 mph (though not restricted in mileage). Its to do with the difference in weight between the steel and alloy wheels, it can affect the handling dynamics which would become evident at speed !!! (from a techy at th dealer)

Have you tried lifting the spare wheel out? In these days of OTT health & safety concerns I'm surprised they fit a spare wheel. It is a heck of a weight and the angle you have to lift from ain't perfect. Have had mine in and out 6-7 times now (the spare that is Shocked ) so am well practiced. Then there's that bloody jack .... .... ..... OK I'm going to stop there ... ... .... this could go on and on Big Cry

As for meeting Carl, we had a blast, looking forward to the next one (even the none-car minded Mrs Avtur is asking when we're going again!) Hope you can make the next one too.

Post #9785 11th Nov 2007 1:30 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green
Re: slightly off topic ....

avtur wrote:

Have you tried lifting the spare wheel out? In these days of OTT health & safety concerns I'm surprised they fit a spare wheel. It is a heck of a weight and the angle you have to lift from ain't perfect. Have had mine in and out 6-7 times now (the spare that is Shocked ) so am well practiced. Then there's that bloody jack .... .... ..... OK I'm going to stop there ... ... .... this could go on and on Big Cry

As for meeting Carl, we had a blast, looking forward to the next one (even the none-car minded Mrs Avtur is asking when we're going again!) Hope you can make the next one too.

Have yet to experience the joys of changing a tyre.....it doesn`t surprise me its a pain in the backside ,why would they make anything easy for us Rolling Eyes..... why have you had your spare in and out so often Confused i find going to the gym is a better way of trying to dislocate my back , i like to pay for the pain Very Happy

It will have to be next year to meet up but looking forward to a bit of off roading and hiding from carls prying lens if i`m caught short Shocked Laughing

Post #9799 11th Nov 2007 10:53 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Goldstone69 wrote:

....................... why have you had your spare in and out so often Confused i find going to the gym is a better way of trying to dislocate my back , i like to pay for the pain Very Happy ...............

I've had the wheels off for cleaning three times, and used the standard jack, so the the spare has to come out to gain access to the jack. I had the fronts off in the process of finding my anti roll bar problem, removed once for the hell of it when I first got the car, so I knew what to expect if it was really needed, once to look around the spare wheel compartment for wires etc prior to having to bar fitted .... .... .... so its become a bit of a pastime !!!!

Post #9804 12th Nov 2007 12:21 am
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

avtur wrote:

+*-

I was on a coach in Germany lastweek that had a blow out...a BIG coach..4 wheels at the front All steering) and 6 at the back (2x1 + 2x2) It was one of the outside rear tyres that blew...(The tyre was less than 24hrs old it turns out..)

When the drver got out to see what had happend, he got on the phone...I assumed to get a tyre replacment service, but it turns out no, it was to the airport, to say the coach would be late, and to hold the plane (Its a company plane, with 90% of the passangers being on the company coach anyway...)

He then got the spare wheel out, rolled it to the duff tyre and started to (Try) to take the wheel off!!....this guy must have been at LEAST 50....and had a fag going all the time!) He'd allready jacked the coach up, and It was only when he realised that the spider-wrench he had did NOT have a 32mm end, that he gave up, & called for another coach to be sent....The bit that amazed me most, was watching this old gent (Still puffing on a ciggy) putting the spare wheel back UP in its side-compartment....on his own!

Talk about Health & Safty....In the UK, the driver would just wait for a mobile tyre-fitter to arrive, & turf everyone off the coach! '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #9835 12th Nov 2007 7:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12