Home > Wheels & Tyres > accelera iota tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LRCRAZY321

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
accelera iota tyres

Hi all
With all the snow we've had just thought i'd mention the above tyres fitted to my FL2 (accelera iota),they have performed faultlessly and short of putting winter tyres on i couldn't be happier, i had read reports rubbishing the snow capability of this tyre but at around £100 a corner they represent value Thumbs Up

Post #130672 5th Feb 2012 2:44 pm
slimshooter

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Biscay Blue

Thats good to here after some new tyres been offered these @ £92.50. Read similar reviews to you but may well consider them after your post any one else use them.

Post #130674 5th Feb 2012 3:27 pm
english yeoman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Now only £68.95 on Camskill now.

My FL2 came with new rear Continental Cross Contacts fitted last Autumn and the fronts looked fine. The 2 fronts are now wearing down and now I have a dilemma...

do I...

1) Replace all 4 with the "Chunky" Insa Turbo's I fancy or...
2) Replace the front 2 with cheapies like these and get full use out of my rear Conti's and go for the chunkies when all 4 are dead?

dilemmas dilemmas???

Post #220003 20th Mar 2014 4:13 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Not sure what you mean by chunky, but I'd want to have similar tyres front and back. Tyres that are good off road may slide about in the wet, and of course the opposite is true on mud. Either way control could be affected. I once had a Series 3 with road tyres on the front and chunky directional Wranglers on the back. On the road the back would slide around, while in the mud it wouldn't steer - the back wheels just pushed it straight ahead.
Do you have a spare the same size? If so, and if it's good, I'd consider using it and buying one matching tyre. If it's poor, I'd consider buying four new the same and putting one of the Contis on the spare. Another possibility is to buy a couple of spare wheels, buy four tyres, then either sell the two with good Contis, or sell one and keep one for the spare.

Post #220106 21st Mar 2014 7:31 pm
roland90

I had a set of these tyres when I bought my F2 second hand and on investigation I found out that they are in fact budget summer tyres and as such are less than satisfactory in winter conditions. with poor braking and road holding in snow and ice. As well as only getting just over 12000 miles out of them before needing to be changed. I now run on Goodyear's and what a difference! less road noise, less pulling with the road camber. and as a bonus a couple of extra MPG. As I intend to keep the F2 for some time budget tyres are not cost effective.

Post #220116 21st Mar 2014 10:13 pm
peter2704

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Barolo Black

the set of accelera's on the wifes are performing admirably

Post #221359 5th Apr 2014 10:36 pm
taztastic

England 

I find it incredible that people contemplate 'budget rubber' on their cars, then again, 'budget rubber' is possibly the reason they are here.

In all seriousness though, I have used Pirelli Scorpion Zero from new, they have given me 35,000 miles, changed at 4mm, faultless in all weathers and off road too. Use them to the limit and your looking at 50k miles, probably are far better option than 'budget rubber'.

Post #221360 5th Apr 2014 10:57 pm
choccymonster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I have a couple of these as summer tyres on the car. (I use 4 x Vredestein Wintrac for winter).

They came with the car when I bought it, and they're "fine" for summer use, and the kind of non-challenging driving my car will be subject to over the summer.

My intention is to run them down over the next couple of summers (or however long it takes) and then replace with a premium summer brand.

Post #221361 5th Apr 2014 11:06 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I am with you, C-M. My latest FL2 came with 3 x "towards end of life" P Zeros and 2 x nearly new Iotas. I will replace 2 P Zeros with 2 x new premiums next spring & leave the best P Zero as the spare. (I have a set of Ranger Ice for the darker months) and replace the Iotas with premiums as & when required. No sense in wasting the rubber!
Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #221450 6th Apr 2014 2:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1