« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Halloween
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green
Halloween

Halloween do you love it or hate it ? i hate it........... it seems to be getting bigger every year just another import from the USA .The Trick part of 'Trick or Treat' can often involve something unpleasant happening including something nasty being dumped on your car (touch my FL2 you lose a limb Twisted Evil ) the best way to avoid this of course is to be well stocked up with goodies (we are) but there are usually one or two little sh Censored s who enjoy causing trouble later in the evening . Even the well behaved ones look at you with disgust if your selection of sweets etc aren`t considered good enough.
I will be a neurotic curtain twitcher tonight but i might press the light symbol on my FL2 key to scare the little darlings as they walk up the drive Laughing

Twisted Evil

Post #9234 31st Oct 2007 12:01 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Halloween

Goldstone69 wrote:
Halloween do you love it or hate it ? i hate it........... it seems to be getting bigger every year just another import from the USA .The Trick part of 'Trick or Treat' can often involve something unpleasant happening including something nasty being dumped on your car (touch my FL2 you lose a limb Twisted Evil ) the best way to avoid this of course is to be well stocked up with goodies (we are) but there are usually one or two little sh Censored s who enjoy causing trouble later in the evening . Even the well behaved ones look at you with disgust if your selection of sweets etc aren`t considered good enough.
I will be a neurotic curtain twitcher tonight but i might press the light symbol on my FL2 key to scare the little darlings as they come up the drive Laughing

I be sat at home with my trainers and waiting to give chase to any 2 year olds that attack my car due to not liking Malteesers, mars bar and milky ways.

I normally put it down the bottom of the drive, with my wifes car behind it, ufortunatly I have lots of my rubbish from the house renavations on the drive as i didn't want a skip on the drive ( don't like parking my cars on the road since one was written off) or have the skip on the road waiting for them to set fire to it. (think I watch too much Police, Camera, Action Crying or Very sad )

Anyway my wife won't let me make assorted goodie bags up, with the normal wine gums, fruit pastles, laxatives, so they just getting the chocolate, or I'll give them an apple.

I have even thought about giving them a old video player, just to see the look on their little witch/wizard face.

Post #9236 31st Oct 2007 12:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread Thumbs Up

But has anybody got any ideas to protect the car from falling Rockets in a few days time.

I hate the feeling of walking out to see a big dent on the roof and a rockets stick laying next to it.

Can't get to the garage, even if i could i'd have to move the normal junk out first.

Post #9238 31st Oct 2007 12:46 pm
Goldstone69

npinks wrote:
Sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread Thumbs Up

But has anybody got any ideas to protect the car from falling Rockets in a few days time.

I hate the feeling of walking out to see a big dent on the roof and a rockets stick laying next to it.

Can't get to the garage, even if i could i'd have to move the normal junk out first.

Hi-Jack away Laughing have you got a a multi-story car park near you ? safe from rockets but your FL2 is unlikely to be there the following morning Crying or Very sad

Post #9241 31st Oct 2007 1:09 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

The wife and I deliberately go out for a few hours on halloween to avoid the kids, luckily the FL2 will be with us Very Happy , that just leaves her car on the drive Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #9246 31st Oct 2007 1:37 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

GS69 use the 'panic button' to scare the little Censored , not the Lights button...unless you have the Xenon headlights....was checking my beam angle yesterday and caught the headlight fully right on the back of the retina.........FU(£!!!!!!!thought I had cataracts...could not see for half an hour, just a black dot in the middle of my view Cool Cool

Post #9262 31st Oct 2007 6:28 pm
Goldstone69

carlfraz wrote:
GS69 use the 'panic button' to scare the little Censored , not the Lights button...unless you have the Xenon headlights....was checking my beam angle yesterday and caught the headlight fully right on the back of the retina.........FU(£!!!!!!!thought I had cataracts...could not see for half an hour, just a black dot in the middle of my view Cool Cool

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter good idea Thumbs Up

..... have decided to join in the spirit of the evening so have wired 20,000 volts to the door bell Very Happy ...i want to see some real skeletons Exclamation Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing

Post #9263 31st Oct 2007 6:59 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Shouldn't be a problem on the small estate I live in............................ at 50 I am the youngest resident by quite a few years and neither my neighbours nor I will be dressing up and going out begging. And just in case children from elsewhere in the village should dare to come to the front door I have just found that the battery for the doorbell is flat and I won't replace it until daylight tomorrow....................... Pah Humbug, what gives all these kids the right to be happy and jolly! Mr. Green How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #9265 31st Oct 2007 7:38 pm
Goldstone69

Welcome to the Victor Meldrew appreciation society Tim Thumbs Up Laughing

Post #9267 31st Oct 2007 7:42 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Well the no battery in the door bell scheme didn't work........................ 2 "kids" about 14 have just hammered on the front door begging. I asked what they wanted and their reply was "Don't you do Halloween then?" Cheeky
bCensored rs I told them that I thought I was a bit too old to be "doing" halloween - not even an offer to recite some poetry or sing a crap song. In my best Meldrew voice I told them to b Censored r off until they have learned to do trick or treat properly and not just stand on the doorstep grinning stupidly. I'll probably go out and find 4 flat tyres on the car in the morning Big Cry How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #9268 31st Oct 2007 7:53 pm
Goldstone69

The later it gets the bigger they get Tim Sad by about 9pm the 17 + year olds will be round with real blood carrying real weapons Shocked barricade the door now ! At the last count have had 15 ding dongs will it never end Big Cry

Post #9269 31st Oct 2007 8:01 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I think i have just scared my 22month old son for life

answered door told him tom look after the monsters, and went to get the bowl of malteeser, mar bars etc

Next i heard was him screaming his little heart out....... poor little fella, hasn't been same since Confused

Post #9270 31st Oct 2007 8:09 pm
Goldstone69

npinks wrote:

answered door told him tom look after the monsters, and went to get the bowl of malteeser, mar bars etc

Next i heard was him screaming his little heart out....... poor little fella, hasn't been same since Confused

You are a very very very bad man Laughing My two are still out there somewhere i`m sure there fine ...not at all worried about the sirens and flashing blue lights down the road Smile .....19 ding dongs Crying or Very sad

Post #9273 31st Oct 2007 8:20 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Goldstone69 wrote:
npinks wrote:

You are a very very very bad man Laughing My two are still out there somewhere i`m sure there fine ...not at all worried about the sirens and flashing blue lights down the road Smile

they'll be the police calming down the parents arguing over whose kid looks best wearing a bin liner and i little bit of black makeup

Post #9274 31st Oct 2007 8:28 pm
Goldstone69

I prefer the green bin liners ...black is so last year, now down to 3 packs of maltesers ,7 lollies (no one likes them) Confused and 11 other assorted sweeties might have to start to hand out fruit ! things could turn nasty.... Shocked

Post #9275 31st Oct 2007 8:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>