Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Any Freelander Friendly Green Lane Off Road Clubs?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Drover

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey
Any Freelander Friendly Green Lane Off Road Clubs?

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the forum, and am looking forward to your advice and guidance.

I have a Freelander 2 SD4 XS which I’ve owned from new. After it’s first year, it’s been used a second / weekend car so low mileage with full dealer service history and extended LR warranty. Sadly it’s only ever been used on road, and across the occasional camp site, whilst on holiday.

I was going to sell it, but I’ve now decided to keep it and enjoy it on green lanes, Light Off Road driving.

The Freelander is a Factory Standard Spec, except for the inclusion of a dealer supplied and fitted landrover (CTEK) battery charging system ( LR Genuine part no VPLVV0077 GFLUA 7c8 ) wired into the cars electrics so it communicates with the Battery Management System. I had this fitted on dealer advice, to keep the battery in good condition when not being used.

[img]http://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/userpics/25922/normal_39065625-7881-45DD-9B52-20A97C47956D.jpeg[/img

I did go on the complimentary landrover experience driving course which came with the car when I bought it, and was very impressed with what a Freelander can actually do off road if driven properly, and with due regard taken to its limited ground clearance. I drove a landrover experience Freelander, so I have no idea what they do to prepare them for use off road. Having looked in the Owners handbook it simply states before going off road remove tow eye covers, and front spoiler bib wind deflectors. In which case I guess I should also remove the mud guards which are fitted to my vehicle?

Any advice regarding any recommended modifications, preparation required, which won’t invalidate the LR Warranty, and Also for any Good, Freelander Friendly, Off Road Diving Clubs in the Yorkshire Area would be very much appreciated.

Post #385034 22nd Jan 2020 12:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1