Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Courier Network > Urgently Required M1 J13 to M1 J25
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

To conclude:

Today, Squadron Leader Wingit accomplished his mission with honours and in respect of this remarkable endeavour has been awarded the Distinguished Service Medal, which due to ongoing tactical operations, will now be presented on parade 20th October. Signed COC Battle Group Helvetii.

Post #114122 20th Sep 2011 8:17 pm
Swingwing

athelstan wrote:
To conclude:

Today, Squadron Leader Wingit accomplished his mission with honours and in respect of this remarkable endeavour has been awarded the Distinguished Service Medal, which due to ongoing tactical operations, will now be presented on parade 20th October. Signed COC Battle Group Helvetii.

Athelstan your generosity is commendable but:

The Distinguished Service Medal was (until 1993) a military decoration awarded to personnel of the Royal Navy and members of the other services, and formerly also to personnel of other Commonwealth countries, up to and including the rank of Chief Petty Officer, for bravery and resourcefulness on active service at sea.

The medal was established on 14 October 1914. It was the Other Ranks' equivalent to the Distinguished Service Cross, which was awarded to commissioned officers and Warrant Officers, although it ranked below that decoration in order of precedence, between the George Medal and the Military Medal. Recipients of the Distinguished Service Medal are entitled to use the post-nominal letters "DSM". In 1993, the DSM was discontinued, and since then the Distinguished Service Cross has been awarded to personnel of all ranks.

Nevertheless he will no doubt wear the Freel2 courier's equivalent with pride.

Hope you get something from "Her Ladyship" for you efforts - and I hope your washers work.

Post #114190 21st Sep 2011 9:46 am
athelstan

Swingwing
If only you were aware of the background of the gentleman that performed the duty so admirably Wink

And, Battle Group Helvetii can award whatever service distinction it so feels fit, being an active unit of DIMwith no authority or allegiance to the Windor's or HMGov. Wink

Post #114192 21st Sep 2011 10:01 am
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

since when was a simple "Thank you" and a pack of scones not enough .... Whistle

Perhaps the 'league of Freel2.com couriers' should create the 'Martin Cross' Thumbs Up

Although that has only been awarded - so far - when you try to advertise your services without sponsorship Rolling with laughter 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #114222 21st Sep 2011 12:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

there's enough goings on to make Martin Cross Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #114223 21st Sep 2011 1:02 pm
athelstan

npinks wrote:
there's enough goings on to make Martin Cross Whistle

Okay - the Pink Cross.

-o0o-

But seriously, if a member cannot recognise a piece of goodwil banter thanking someone for doing a great service then what is the society coming to. Wingit did me a super punctual delivery - we have agreed suitable recompense and I'll see him personally on the 20th October to deliver on my part of the deal.

Post #114231 21st Sep 2011 2:05 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It looks to be the first successful outing for the official Freel2 courier service since is launch, think all should be proud of the outcome Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #114235 21st Sep 2011 2:21 pm
athelstan

npinks wrote:
It looks to be the first successful outing for the official Freel2 courier service since is launch, think all should be proud of the outcome

Absolutely Thumbs Up

Post #114243 21st Sep 2011 2:47 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Don't get me wrong I think the delivery/courier service is a top action.

I certainly didn't mean anything negative - just thought a mention of scones was needed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #114251 21st Sep 2011 3:24 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I would also think Mr Strut & ad123456789 need mentioning in dispatches Thumbs Up ,as they were sort of doing it before it became formal, but as both of them suffer from Grey Car syndrome I’ll leave it there Ner Ner

Post #114254 21st Sep 2011 3:52 pm
athelstan

simont wrote:

I certainly didn't mean anything negative - just thought a mention of scones was needed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Simont
I was not referring to your scones in my comment - I rather like that idea but her Ladyship is not much use in that department but she is pretty good at saving lives Smile

My comment was directed at Swingwing who obviously felt it necessary to tell us all chapter and verse on military decorations Rolling Eyes

Last edited by athelstan on 21st Sep 2011 4:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #114257 21st Sep 2011 4:03 pm
athelstan

toeknee wrote:
I would also think Mr Strut & ad123456789 need mentioning in dispatches Thumbs Up ,as they were sort of doing it before it became formal, but as both of them suffer from Grey Car syndrome I’ll leave it there Ner Ner

Toeknee
Mr Strut did an alloy job for me once that turned into a Kingston-upon-Thames nightmare for him. Cannot remember the exact details now but I think it went along the lines of: "How long does it take to travel 300yds? Answer: 3hrs." We met a week or so later in a desolate spot on the outskirts of that rebellious empire called Leeds, renowned for its all things Grey Syndrome which I understand is now treatable on the NHS. Indeed he is a most helpful chap, and if everyone recalls did volunteer for the "Bumper" run, but as it was, his work schedules prevented him in the end from doing so and Wingit stepped ably into the breach.

And whilst discussing members it must be said that ad123456789 was amongst the many other Freel2 members I have thanked for responding to my call for help on moving the bumper. A grand lot. Thumbs Up

Post #114259 21st Sep 2011 4:12 pm
EYorkshire

It's certainly shown how a like community will help each other out if possible Thumbs Up

Now I know I'm a bit out of the way but I can temporarily house any illegal immigrants you might have coming in through Hull docks if needed or young ladies needing a British passport holder Whistle

Post #114262 21st Sep 2011 5:06 pm
Swingwing

athelstan wrote:
simont wrote:

I certainly didn't mean anything negative - just thought a mention of scones was needed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Simont
I was not referring to your scones in my comment - I rather like that idea but her Ladyship is not much use in that department but she is pretty good at saving lives Smile

My comment was directed at Swingwing who obviously felt it necessary to tell us all chapter and verse on military decorations Rolling Eyes

I think the air must be getting a bit thin in the mountains - sense of humour check needed? Wikipedia saves alot of typing - I thought it was funny but then it's been a long day Surprised

But I still hope your partner appreciates your efforts.

Post #114263 21st Sep 2011 5:07 pm
athelstan

EYorkshire wrote:
It's certainly shown how a like community will help each other out if possible Thumbs Up

Now I know I'm a bit out of the way but I can temporarily house any illegal immigrants you might have coming in through Hull docks if needed or young ladies needing a British passport holder Whistle

Noted.
I do know of a man in a purple jacket at the house with the amber door on the street with no lights where parking is banned and people seem to come and go but only at night who'd be interested - no names no pack drill etc.. He said: Tuesday 27th Rotterdam vessel, white van, driver with two left feet sporting a trilby and answers to the name of Spencer smoking Black Cat cigarettes. Code word: Pinky and the UK contracts yours Wink

Post #114264 21st Sep 2011 5:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12