Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Evoke
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

Evoke

In today's post was the Switzerland LR Owners magazine - TRIBUNE.

In it, it states that as of end July LR had received 18,000 orders for the Evoke. And, that they (LR) had already shipped to their global dealer network 3,000.

It also stated that 50% of the components used in the Evoke are UK sourced Thumbs Up

-o0o-

However, in Tribune every Land Rover model was featured - except the FL2. This was clearly not for space reasionsd as they did a double page spread on LR sponsoring a horse racing event here in CH. Oh what jolly jodhpurs Twisted Evil

Put those two items together and you know now that FL2 is at the bottom of the LR food chain folks - no wonder delivery dates are the subject of much discussion.

Post #112236 6th Sep 2011 3:05 pm
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Was over in Swiss last week for a week. Distinct lack of FL2s- couple of FL1s, occasional FL2 no MY11s. A few FFRRs, loads of RRSs and one disco4....loads of Porsches on steroids and big American nasties...
Am so jealous of you living there. Hoping to get back out soon Smile

Post #112275 6th Sep 2011 8:44 pm
athelstan

MM
If you are in the east of Switzerland let me know in advance - happy to buy you an expensive cup of coffee n cake, or sort out any logistics etc.

Re LR's here. Freelander are not great sellers due to the dreadful unreliability of the FL1 and in most part to the very high premium you have to pay for a FL2 above all its class competitors. Defenders were banned for many years for failure to meet Swiss emission controls - latest generation Defenders are available and are a cult purchase for townies who've ran out of things to spend their money on. Less than 30 new units were sold in 2010.

In our Kantone we have a good representation of old Series 11 & 111 plus 90 & 110 Defenders 99% of which are of course second hand. There are now 3 other FL2's. I've seen a couple of new D4's + RRS 2 and FFRR1.

Overall in CH best seller is the RRS - next FFRR followed by D4's. Discovery did not do as well as expected due to previous generations being of poor quality vis-a-vis the competition but D4 does seem to be gaining Swiss fans. All LR models are very expensive - base model starting prices - this morning's FX rates:

Defender: GBP30k
FL2: GBP38k
Evoke: GBP33k (TD4 Man)
D4: GBP50k
RRS: GBP58k
FFRR: GBP91k

Post #112302 7th Sep 2011 8:15 am
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Shocked That must be for a decent spec FL2 surely? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #112325 7th Sep 2011 12:04 pm
athelstan

Captain Worm wrote:
Shocked That must be for a decent spec FL2 surely?

No Captain - basic spec TD4 manual 4WD - there was a "Summer Euro Bonus Rebate" on FL2 but recent LR magazine lists on bonus rebates on Defender, RRS, D4, and FFRR - not FL2 or Evoke. I'm sure however that you would probably get 5% discount from the dealer if you asked, certainly not more.

Her Ladyships's model at today's FX rate will cost you GBP44k

Note: Whilst 2WD FL2 is listed it is not in the dealers therefore cannot quote a price for that.

Post #112334 7th Sep 2011 12:53 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Shocked Shocked Shocked Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #112350 7th Sep 2011 2:00 pm
alex_pescaru

athelstan wrote:
Re LR's here. Freelander are not great sellers due to the dreadful unreliability of the FL1 and in most part to the very high premium you have to pay for a FL2 above all its class competitors.

A little off-topic, but, in contrast, a friend from the main importer here told me that the FL2 is by far the most reliable car, compared with the other LR models.
The FL2 is much, much less seen at the dealers, with problems, than his big brothers.
And taking into consideration that being a "cheaper" one and therefore a much more sold car, this will only reinforce the idea that FL2 has gone great lenghts compared with the previous Freelander version, from reliability point of view.

Will see how Evoque will be...
If you look at the Topix website, already there are Special Service Messages and Updates Prior Sales for several issues on the Evoque. And here in Romania, the Evoque was not even launched yet...
1. UPS 3311-1 - Potential Software and Vehicle Updates
2. Q154 UPS 4711-2 - Incorrect DVD Region Code
3. Q153 UPS 4611-2 - Stripped Thread on Upper Engine Mount
4. Q151 UPS 4011-1 - Fixed Height Tow Bar (VPLVT0066)
5. Q149 UPS 3911-2 - Harness Chafe Due To Engine Movement/Vibration
6. SSM51897 - Navigation Screen Inop
7. SSM51277 - False Flagging DTC
8. SSM51137 - Fuel Sender Resistance Reading
And the list will continue for sure....

Post #112353 7th Sep 2011 2:36 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Athelstan - Does it mean that LR and other British products will become even more expensive in CH as your central bank sell currency to weaken it or have I got that the wrong way around?

I think there was a 10% swing in favour of the euro and sterling during the past 24hours. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #112354 7th Sep 2011 2:52 pm
athelstan

tenet wrote:
Athelstan - Does it mean that LR and other British products will become even more expensive in CH as your central bank sell currency to weaken it or have I got that the wrong way around?

I think there was a 10% swing in favour of the euro and sterling during the past 24hours.

Tenet
I fiscal theory you are right - but - my take on the price of Land Rover & Jaguar pricing here in CH is that the distributor has over 50yrs built up a substantial operating margin on these products which they are reluctant to let slip. You see this in the way they promote the "Premium Brand" image and seldom promote "competitive pricing".

The recent "Euro Bonus" was simply to fall inline with what the importers of French and German cars were doing. All Swiss consumers have known for years that popping over the border and buying a Merc for example from a German dealership was up to 35% cheaper than the same spec bought here in CH. LRJ were anywhere between +20 to 30% depending on the model. Couple that with the weakness of the Euro meant that the Swiss Importers were buying at even better margins and the public knew it. Hence to avoid yet more consumer calls for this protectionist market to be opened to personal imports the importers association started this "Euro Bonus" scam - for that is what it is. I'll give you a 12% bonus Euro discount when in fact in recent months the Swiss franc opened a traded margin of 22% on the FX markets.

Post #112359 7th Sep 2011 3:10 pm
athelstan

alex_pescaru wrote:

Will see how Evoque will be...
If you look at the Topix website, already there are Special Service Messages and Updates Prior Sales for several issues on the Evoque. And here in Romania, the Evoque was not even launched yet...
1. UPS 3311-1 - Potential Software and Vehicle Updates
2. Q154 UPS 4711-2 - Incorrect DVD Region Code
3. Q153 UPS 4611-2 - Stripped Thread on Upper Engine Mount
4. Q151 UPS 4011-1 - Fixed Height Tow Bar (VPLVT0066)
5. Q149 UPS 3911-2 - Harness Chafe Due To Engine Movement/Vibration
6. SSM51897 - Navigation Screen Inop
7. SSM51277 - False Flagging DTC
8. SSM51137 - Fuel Sender Resistance Reading
And the list will continue for sure....

GOSH Shocked

Post #112368 7th Sep 2011 3:34 pm
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Athelstan, Mr MM has a pad up the valley from interlaken, is that anywhere near to you?
Will be back out in a few weeks time before lifts close. Would be good to have a Swiss meet up Smile
although we'll have a dire car lol

Smile

Post #112378 7th Sep 2011 4:48 pm
athelstan

MightyMildred wrote:
Athelstan, Mr MM has a pad up the valley from interlaken, is that anywhere near to you?
Will be back out in a few weeks time before lifts close. Would be good to have a Swiss meet up Smile
although we'll have a dire car lol

Smile

MM
Near? Depends on time of year as the only mountain pass out of here is closed from October to late April.

Summer 140kms: Interlaken > Innerkirchen > Sustenpass 7,400ft asl > Altdorf > Klausenpass 6,400ft asl into Kt. Glarus.
Winter 200kms: Interlaken > Brünigpass 3,200ft asl > Stans > Altdorf > Schwyz > Sattelpass 3,000ft asl > Pfäffikon > Zeigelbrücke > Kt.Glarus

Driving times: Winter - very weather dependent but approx 4hrs (very slow roads), Summer - very narrow twisty roads, great on a Ducati terrible in a FL2 - allow 2.5hrs.

Never speed in CH - the fines will cripple you. But an English chin way is always welcome and I'm sure summer or winter something could be worked out with a little forward planning Very Happy

Post #112385 7th Sep 2011 5:53 pm
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Cool,
Will pm you when we know when we're next coming over. If there is anything you miss from GB let us know, we can always sumuggle you some english tea bags!
Last Friday we did the grimsel pass and over to the rhonegletcher. Mr MM was very upset at how the glacier is receeding. It's the first time I've been over that way and it was alarming to hear about the rates of glacial melt.
Re the exchange rate, in the village the locals tell us it's really quiet and luxury brands (the watch places especially) just aren't selling. One lovely lady was really worried about her business due to the lack of tourists. The gondolas were really quiet and there was no que for the firstflieger (only good thing about there being no tourists- no que for the best ride in the world!)
Mr MM takes all the reponsibility for driving thank goodness! I don't mind driving my car on the 'wrong' side of the road but can't quite get my head around changing gear with my right hand! Hahaha.

Post #112426 7th Sep 2011 10:09 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

MightyMildred if your not travelling over to Swiss land before the 14th October, then there's a good chance you'll bump in to athelstan and family at Halewood Thumbs Up

Post #112431 7th Sep 2011 10:29 pm
athelstan

MM
Being a motorcyclist for +40yrs I never had a problem being on the left or the right side of the road - apparently I was always on the wrong side of the road according to the tin box brigade. Yeeha Razz

However I did know one young Austrian lady, to whom, (on an occasion when visiting me back home then in Derbyshire in the 80's) I lent her my the manual RR. Within a few yards of driving up the farm track she promptly opened the car's driver's door and wacked it on a dry stone wall instead of using her "left" hand to reach for the gear lever. Romance was never smooth with her - it didn't last.

Post #112452 8th Sep 2011 8:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>