Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Missing “front” height adjustment on HSE drivers seat???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Missing “front” height adjustment on HSE drivers seat???

P49 of my handbook clearly shows an adjustment button that allows you to raise and lower the FRONT of the drivers’ seat, not just the back (seat) like mine.
This is causing an issue as I find the front height a bit high and on long journeys my legs are beginning to go a bit dead…
I’ve had a look at a number of HSE seat pictures on ebay and auto trader to try and establish which models have this up and down adjustment at the front but have seen some 2007 with and some without. Mine is a late 2007 (22/11/2007 I think) but the vin (and microcat) declares it a 2008 model, so if they changed for the 2008 car mine has the wrong seat, damn!
Either way, it has a split on it so am going to attempt a fix of that via selling dealers, but where do I stand (excuse the pun) on getting a seat with forward height adjustment. (It has rear up and down, electric lumber and backrest, forward back and 3 memory positions.) Just the front adjustment missing. I've only had the car a week. Question 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #111741 31st Aug 2011 10:30 pm
russben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

The seat adjuster on my 2008 HSE has 2 buttons. Looking at them from the side they resemble the shape of the seat. The backrest one only has one function, but the lower (horizontal) one has 3 functions. Slide it along its horizontal plane (ie backwards and forwards) and it slides the seat back and forwards. Lift the back edge and it will lift the back of the seat base. Lift the front of the switch and it will lift the front of the seat base. Conversely, pushing the switch down will lower the base.

If yours doesn't do the same, it may be faulty, or it could be that it is an early model that doesn't have the same adjustment.

The seat base cover should be available from the dealer, mine was changed recently under warranty. Poke it, Poke it, make it do it again!!

Gone - 2008 Freel2 HSE Santorini Black
Hello - 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black

Post #111743 31st Aug 2011 11:04 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

8-way adjustment (which includes front seat height) is on the Premium Pack only, standard is 6-way. I opted for the Premium Pack (on MY2011 SD4 HSE) since it was the only way I could get comfortable, without it there was not enough thigh support.

I imagine Russben either has the Premium Pack, or maybe an older model when this was standard (no idea, just guessing)

Post #111777 1st Sep 2011 1:11 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

March 2008 MY HSE - Description is the same as yours gusmagoo.
Two buttons resembling the seat with the back rest just forwards and backwards. The other switch slide forward for erm well forward and slide back for erm well backward.
But not like russben, this switch can only be lifted/lowered in one position and it either raises or lowers the the back section.
I'm vertically challenged but find it very comfortable, Thumbs Up Mr's McP even more so (For that read normal driving position = nose against windscreen Laughing )

Guess it's the six way and not eight way adjuster you/we have gusmagoo.

Post #111781 1st Sep 2011 1:54 pm
gusmagoo

Yea I guess you guys are all right... and thanks for your input...
Funny though how the "top of the range" doesnt have the 8 way adjustment. it seems such a trivial thing to leave out, and might make a difference to some people. (like me for example!)
I thought HSE was "Premium"!!!
Ok, back to the drawing board...
Think part of my problem is related to coming from a sports car to a 4x4.
Think I got used to sitting on the floor! Wink
Russben was your seat fixed under extended warranty (like, approved used) or manufacturers... your car will be nearly 3 years old right?
I have an approved used (2 year) warranty but they said they would "repair" it next time i'm there (mot december) it is only a 7mm split but it's there, and not going to get better by itself... 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Post #111795 1st Sep 2011 4:39 pm
gusmagoo

Yep, just googled premium pack and it is indeed listed as part of it... Mmmmm... Evil or Very Mad 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Post #111798 1st Sep 2011 5:01 pm
russben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Yes, my seat base was replaced under the manufacturers 3 year warranty. I have now moved on to the extended warranty I took out when I bought the car.

Thinking about it, mine does have the Premium pack, I hadn't thought of that. Mystery solved. Rolling Eyes Poke it, Poke it, make it do it again!!

Gone - 2008 Freel2 HSE Santorini Black
Hello - 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black

Post #111829 1st Sep 2011 11:10 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Land Rover are fortunate that the test drive vehicle had the Premium Pack fitted. When I tried the vehicle in the showroom (without) I somewhat discounted it because I didn't think I'd be comfortable. I was quite surprised on the test drive when I found I could make the adjustment I thought had been lacking, and put it down to just me missing a trick earlier. It was only when I started looking into specs that I realised why. It's likely I would have rejected the idea of a FL after the test drive if it hadn't had the Premium Pack.

I agree, I would expect HSE to be top spec, I really didn't want or need the Premium leather, but had no choice if I wanted the vehicle, and considered it worthwhile as I much preferred it over the usual suspects of rivals.

Post #111859 2nd Sep 2011 9:36 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I thought all HSE had 8 way adjustments until the facelift MY2011

My MY2010 does were as iirc my 1st SE MY2006 didn't

Maybe a member with a earlier HSE could confirm, maybe PM a few Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #111861 2nd Sep 2011 9:50 am
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I only have a 6 way drivers seat on my '08 HSE Sad

It doesn't bother me though Big Cry

Post #111866 2nd Sep 2011 10:34 am
gusmagoo

SimonB wrote:
Land Rover are fortunate that the test drive vehicle had the Premium Pack fitted. When I tried the vehicle in the showroom (without) I somewhat discounted it because I didn't think I'd be comfortable. I was quite surprised on the test drive when I found I could make the adjustment I thought had been lacking, and put it down to just me missing a trick earlier. It was only when I started looking into specs that I realised why. It's likely I would have rejected the idea of a FL after the test drive if it hadn't had the Premium Pack.

I agree, I would expect HSE to be top spec, I really didn't want or need the Premium leather, but had no choice if I wanted the vehicle, and considered it worthwhile as I much preferred it over the usual suspects of rivals.

So...
When is a “top of the range car” NOT top of the range...
When it’s not got a premium pack!
I’m gonna change my signature
Big Cry 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )

Post #111868 2nd Sep 2011 11:00 am
MihaiB

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi All,

I have an SD4 Freelander 2 HSE, MY2011. The only optional package for the seats I have is heated seats.

For adjustment, the driver's seat has the following:
- one button with 2 functions - moving the seat front / back and up / down
- one button to adjust the back (tilting)
- one button to inflate / deflate the ... i don't know how it's called that lower back cushion or something Smile

Car was bought in Romania.

Hope this helps.

M.

Post #111877 2nd Sep 2011 11:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1