Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Caravans do you or dont you.
Do you tow a caravan with your FL2 or not.
Yes love it
53%
 53%  [41]
No way
46%
 46%  [36]
Total Votes: 77

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

No, no, no Thud
It's just plain wrong! if you were meant to drag your house around, then you'd have been born as a snail (hence the term' the caravan moved along at a snails pace' Wink )
Have any of you worked out a) How many hotel rooms you could buy for the price of a half-decent tin-tent? and b) how many more hotel rooms the interest on the amount above will buy? the cost saving in fuel will no doubt also cover your bar bills Laughing fly or drive - it doesn't matter, the fact is that a 'holiday' is life without the drudgery of day-to-day living, i.e. cooking, cleaning, making beds, nights in watching the telly if it's raining Rolling Eyes
And if the above doesn't convice you, try a trip to Tunisia with an Oztent Cool 'proper' outdoor life!

Post #49621 1st Nov 2009 9:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
moose

England 

An Oz in Tunisia or anywhere warm is fine, Tintent is for those rainy LR shown when the loo's are backed up Thumbs Up

Post #49627 1st Nov 2009 10:27 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Never pulled one and never will. However done plenty of tenting and also stayed in rented caravans, hotels, motels etc. With a FL2 it is possible to bung a tent in the boot and go on tour anywhere and if you want also stay in any of the above mentioned alternatives without pulling a metal box behind it is still possible to do so.

The only real constructive argument I can come up with in this discussion is, that in this environmentally aware age, pulling a great metal box with all the paraphernalia that you probably don’t need with you, must be one of the most environmentally abusive acts that motor tourists can afflict on our already vulnerable environment Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #49655 2nd Nov 2009 9:21 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ad210358 wrote:

August 09 Mrs G has a week in a Caravan.
October 09 CG reads a Caravan Club Mag.
December 09 CG starts looking for a Caravan?
It's only a matter of time.
Let us know when you are having the towbar fitted. Rolling with laughter

Mrs G sat me in the cafe while her and Finn played on the slides etc at a local soft play place. (I am still immobilised with poorly teeth). As a joke she brought me some light reading from the magazine rack. An interesting read! The test results on one of the vans said " the toilet is so good we actually use it" Exclamation At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #49659 2nd Nov 2009 10:33 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

AndyC wrote:

The only real constructive argument I can come up with in this discussion is, that in this environmentally aware age, pulling a great metal box with all the paraphernalia that you probably don’t need with you, must be one of the most environmentally abusive acts that motor tourists can afflict on our already vulnerable environment Shocked

I'm sure there will be some stats out there showing towing a caravan (which has a life of around 10 years or more) is more environmentally friendly, by going to a field or caravan site in which only impact is a couple of small toilet blocks and a reception and a small network of tarmac roads and gravel pitches

Compared to the carbon footprints of the huge hotels been built on coastal plots by the sea, the pollution pumped out by jet planes getting you to the destination and back.

I know which i would like to see by the beach, and its not the bulldozed Micky Mouse themed blot on the landscape hotel.

But then you could drive to the converted cottage holiday home, which is inflating the house prices causing people to move out of the village they was born in so you can have a quaint idyllic holiday Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49660 2nd Nov 2009 10:56 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

chicken george wrote:

Mrs G sat me in the cafe while her and Finn played on the slides etc at a local soft play place. (I am still immobilised with poorly teeth). As a joke she brought me some light reading from the magazine rack. An interesting read! The test results on one of the vans said " the toilet is so good we actually use it" Exclamation

So Mrs G brought you the the mag.........sounds to me that her agenda is to have a caravan, and as we all know once the missus has made her mind up its only a matter of time.........my condolences Rolling Eyes 

Post #49661 2nd Nov 2009 10:57 am
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

Don't knock it until you try it,and I mean try it within living memory, with a modern air conditioned caravan.
This year I have had 4 weeks caravanning in France, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg, Two weeks Hotels in Rahjasthan, A week Hotel in Malta and a week cruising the Nile, all very different Holidays and all very different experiences, I find it best to keep an open mind rather than trotting out the I dont likie it and I haven't tried it approach.

Post #49663 2nd Nov 2009 11:12 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Shocked Thank goodness I moved to Norway - dont find such things where I vacate Thumbs Up

npinks wrote:
I know which i would like to see by the beach, and its not the bulldozed Micky Mouse themed blot on the landscape hotel.

But then you could drive to the converted cottage holiday home, which is inflating the house prices causing people to move out of the village they was born in so you can have a quaint idyllic holiday
 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #49664 2nd Nov 2009 11:15 am
chicken george

npinks wrote:

But then you could drive to the converted cottage holiday home, which is inflating the house prices causing people to move out of the village they was born in so you can have a quaint idyllic holiday

yeah sod them, bloody yokels.

Actually around here the yokels are the ones who get employment from renovating,decorating , cleaning etc said cottages.
If these cottages arnt let out, then the people who buy them always seem to be out of towners who do things like buy the house next to the pub then complain of the noise Rolling Eyes At work
At home

Post #49669 2nd Nov 2009 11:41 am
chicken george

christian138 wrote:

So Mrs G brought you the the mag.........sounds to me that her agenda is to have a caravan, and as we all know once the missus has made her mind up its only a matter of time.........my condolences Rolling Eyes

Rolling with laughter Shocked Big Cry

I had to fold the mag in half as I carried it back to the rack, so nobody saw the cover Embarassed I would have been less embarrassed if it had been playboy or even readers tubby wives Laughing At work
At home

Post #49670 2nd Nov 2009 11:43 am
Tandemman

Now I know you're lying, Readers tubby wives doesn't come out till Thursday Thumbs Up

Post #49674 2nd Nov 2009 12:31 pm
chicken george

Thumbs Up and i know your not joking as you are a dentist At work
At home

Post #49678 2nd Nov 2009 2:19 pm
Tandemman

Only the best mags in our waiting room Thumbs Up

Post #49682 2nd Nov 2009 4:31 pm
chicken george

Tandemman wrote:
Only the best pain in our chairs Thumbs Up

After a very unbearable weekend I went back today to get my pain investigated, he said its just the sockets of my remaining teeth that have been disturbed during the op and aftermath, and I just have to wait it out Neutral . The wisdom teeth 'holes' are healing nicely.

This week I have mainly been rinsing with salt water Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

Post #49683 2nd Nov 2009 4:50 pm
chicken george

moose wrote:
An Oz in Tunisia or anywhere warm is fine, Tintent is for those rainy LR shown when the loo's are backed up :thumbsup

Moose (answers to CG elsewhere) - D3 owner:

Everyone answers to CG eventually Laughing

Also why does vaning always involve loos, what do you lot eat when on vaning holidays? whatever it is, stop eating it and eat something more agreeable Laughing Exclamation At work
At home

Post #49684 2nd Nov 2009 4:56 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>