Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Mirrors don’t fold unless unlock pressed? NOW FIXED!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Ok folks, here’s the update...

After TWO separate trips to the dealers (with lots of new parts tried and then removed) eventually a reset to factory settings of the ECU and then chronological software updates applied one by one (which took over an hour) the problem has been fixed. My mirrors now fold every time I lock, as they should.

I have to say the team at Guy Salmon Knutsford were perplexed by this fault but persisted until the problem was solved, all under approved used warranty. They spent 8 hours on it! Hats off to them, I suspect that the fault was probably with the car from day 1!

Very Happy 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #117618 21st Oct 2011 11:41 am
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Well done, glad you managed to get a result, sounds like GS at Knutsford are o.k to deal with Thumbs Up

Post #117634 21st Oct 2011 2:37 pm
ASL1956

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue
Did you fix it.

Apologies for picking up on such an old thread but I have recently bought a MY2010 FL2 with only 6800 miles on the clock and have exactly the same issue with the mirrors as you do Confused I can live with it but just wondered if you'd ever managed to get to the bottom of it?

Post #139493 12th Apr 2012 7:32 pm
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yes I did, as said 3 posts earlier this issue is now fixed, and has been working ever since.
The dealer had to wipe the software update memory back to factory and re apply all of the cars updates one by one, in order, then it fixed the problem. It was trial and error I'm afraid but that was what worked for me... Would be interested to find out if your dealer fixes it in a similar way. Ask them to ring Guy Salmon Knutsford if they don't understand how my dealer did it, oh and let us know here how you get on... These problems are clearly rare but if a common solution is found it's well worth pooling results... Good luck... 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #139557 13th Apr 2012 11:44 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12