Home > Technical > FL2 Interior Quality
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
FL2 Interior Quality

Hi All,

I have placed an order for a FL2 HSE in Canada for delivery in April. I have been reading all of the reviews in the various magazines etc and I have to say that almost everyone has negative comments on the build quality of the interior. Especially when making comparisons to vehicles like the X3 and even the new CRV.

A couple questions for the group as I will not be able to lay eyes on one for several more months at least:

1. For those of you in the UK, have you seen or driven one of these yet? What is your impression of the interior build quality? AutoCar really dished the plastic and "cheap-feel" of the dash and I am wondering how accurate this is.

2. How would you compare it to the Disco3? Is the dash and cabin quality similar or is the FL2 noticeably less refined?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have.

Cheers!

k

Post #695 9th Nov 2006 7:21 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

My initial impression of the pre-production vehicles we saw at the London Motor Show in July was that the overall level of fit and finish was good - definitely on a par (if not better than) the D3.

There were some plastic quality issues around interior components (mainly the keycard slot) which I hoped (assumed?) were simply pre-production issues - it will be interesting to see how the production vehicles have solved this as I cannot believe that they were the finished articles.

Post #696 9th Nov 2006 8:22 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

Quality, look and feel of the interior is very good. Better than the D3 as its not as utilitarian (robust ??) in its design.

There are a few 'cheap' feeling areas but as in the RRS they are not really that noticeable unless you look close or start to maul them.

A league or 100 above the out going one.

Post #697 9th Nov 2006 9:46 pm
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

This is one of my main concerns too and I'm reluctant to put money down before I see the interior. The interior quality of the RRS and the D3 especially are way too low compared with competition. I would assume the new Freelander will also lag rivals, but not by as wide a margin as the RRS and D3. The level of quality should not be compared with the previous Freelander, but rather with competition.

Post #698 10th Nov 2006 7:41 am
ej

England 

I have seen the interior quality at a customer preview event at ascot. the main dash area is certainly a lot more sophisticated and upmarket and the overall abience of the interior is certainly more premium than the D3 which can be a bit blocky. I thought the light coloured variants looked very inviting

Post #699 10th Nov 2006 2:01 pm
chrispayne1958

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I have a FL2 XS model. The only issue I have with the interior of the car is the housing around the steering wheel column where the upper and lower halves of this surround will not click into place. I did not notice this when I picked the car up so it will mean a visit back to the garage to get resolved. Other than that I think the finish is very good. Thumbs Up

Post #2363 10th Apr 2007 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi there,

Despite the electrical issues I have had with my early release car (which landrover are now having back and giving me a replacement) the fit and finish is great. I visited the local BMW dealer and was shcked how poor the X3 and X5 were. Bland and drab in appearance with flimsy loose controls on the heating and stereos, lack of space in the X3 and X5 not much better. Freelander 2 and RR sport are very very similar in interior style. The freelander 2 is way above the old league it was in. A car journalist in UK said "if you wake up one day thinking you are an onion you will buy an X3 as they are so poor at everything they do". Freelander 2 didnt get best small off road car for nothing. You will be pleased my friend!!

Post #2367 10th Apr 2007 11:13 pm
Quagmire

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

Clarkson's X3 Review Rolling with laughter This is why I decided not to buy an X3. (That and I didn't think I was an onion.)

Post #2371 11th Apr 2007 3:29 am
QUERCUS

QUERCUS wrote:
The interior quality of the RRS and the D3 especially are way too low compared with competition. I would assume the new Freelander will also lag rivals, but not by as wide a margin as the RRS and D3.

having had my HSE i6 for two weeks now i can reiterate the above. i would rate the FL2 interior quality as "good." nothing spectacular there, but just enough so that you can call it "premium." quality is just a tad below that of the X3 which i would rate "good+".

what comes to the RRS, i would rate its interior "good" and that of the X5 "very good." in other words, the FL2's interior quality feels closer to the X3 than the RRS vs. X5. all this is naturally very subjective. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Last edited by QUERCUS on 11th Apr 2007 8:34 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2372 11th Apr 2007 6:38 am
QUERCUS

### 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #2374 11th Apr 2007 6:55 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1